1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So what is the offensive game plan ?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers-MT, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Steelers-MT

Steelers-MT Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2017
    I for one am glad AB is gone and love Conner and Juju , just want to hear some offensive genius speak.

Here We Go

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Spread the ball to more than a couple players. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    it will be up to the defence ;)

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Who?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Plan is to score more than the other team by whatever means that works against that particular opponent. ..

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I saw this thread and the poster's name and thought maybe our head coach was on here looking for some advice. Surely, by now MT has to know that this message board has all the answers!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Big Ben will still be trying to make the big play. Yes the defense must keep the opponents under 25.

8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Spread it and swing the balls.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  9. SteelerinKC

SteelerinKC Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    In my humble opinion, the secret to success this year will be a clean start to games. The first key with that is to get an early lead. Be aggressive and unpredictable, but not stupid while considering the situation. I have no issues with going run heavy, if it works, because it will keep the opposing defense on their heels. It will keep our defense off the field. I can remember so many games going all the way back to the 90s where the second we went up two scores, the game was over. Get a lead, keep our defense on the field less and when they are on the field, be aggressive as hell. Play Steelers football.

10. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I think we are going to see a truly balanced attac . I'm not saying the WR group this year is better but it's certainly a more complete group. I expect some big things out of Moncrief. I wanted him when he came out of college.

11. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Spread it around, run the ball more and use Vance McDonald more. Hopefully Moncrief and Washington perform over the course of the season to keep defences guessing.

Steelers were first in Redzone offence last year, that’s probably not happening again but there is no reason they can’t be very good. The O line is still in place and Ben is still a top 10 QB.

Defence is where the big improvements are needed, the team have put a lot of resources in there so it’s now or never for Keith Butler.

12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I think we could be very good in the red zone again. Johnson may have a big role in that as a rookie. Quick feet in the short area allows him to create separation. That can become valuable down there along with our big body contested catch ability players. A lethal combo for ben to have. :cool:

13. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Tomlin has never been a XXX and O's type of coach.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We need to WIN time of possession to help our defense.
    That being said a more balanced run pass ratio needs to be
    addressed with #7. I am not so sure our coaching staff can handle it.
    With our OL experience we should see the ability to run the ball very consistently
    every game over 35 attempts should be a goal.

15. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I think we have a great balance of players to fit Randy fichtners offense. We will run but we will also pass to our backs. We also have receivers in place to get those 7-10 hard chunks to work the ball down the field and manipulate the LBers and safeties into creeping up, then we have some receivers capable of going over them at that point. #7 has to be patient and work to our strengths now. Finish drives with points. Hopefully our kicker is up to the task. We can control the clock with the run and small chunk game. We don't need to play catch up which would take us away from the way this team is built now.:cool:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  16. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I hope Ben buys into this. The biggest improvement on offense will need to be Ben not giving the other team the ball.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    A Mick Fleetwood reference? Obviously. :lolol:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    That could allow the barron Bush to thrive.:smiley1::cool: