1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So what do the Steelers do?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TuRnDoWnForWaTT, Sep 23, 2018.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    So if a rb comes out after getting paid, starts fumbling, tip toeing, and looking bad you dont think the team would cut him or ask for a paycut?

2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    So if the Steelers were to hand over 70 million up front to Bell and he immediately starts fumbling and tip toeing that's somehow better?

3. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    No but that's his point and any players point and why the try to maximize their earnings when they have a chance. Not saying he would do that but this is the business and anything can happen.

4. Tiny

Tiny Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I did! He'll hit like three 50-yarders next week.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Im not disputing any of that. I understand that part of it. If we were talking about AB, or Pouncey it would be a completely different story. We are not. We are talking about Bell who has been suspended twice for drugs and been injured every season except 1. We are talking about a guy who is always in the headlines for all the wrong reasons. A guy who misses practice before playoff games for undisclosed reasons. The Steelers offered him a monster front loaded contract. The contract can not be fully guaranteed because Bell can't be trusted.

Your Boswell anology dosent hold weight at all. If you want to see how the Steelers treat a injured player go ask Ryan Shazier. They picked up his option for this season and spent millions knowing he couldn't play a down. I'll trust the Steelers over Leveon Bell any day of the week.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Boswell needs up find Jesus.

He is my biggest worry right now.

He is the difference between 2-1 and 1-1-1

When he walks onto the field..i need to know points are coming

HACK

7. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    That has nothing to do with leveon. The Steelers dont gurantee high money period. Even ab only got like 19 million fully gurnateed when all the other top wrs got far more than that guranteed and the way it's looking I sincerely doubt ab sees the entirety of that contract. Odell got what 65 million with similar problems to leveon. Was seen with coke and a stripper in the offseason with a joint in his hand. Had just been injured. Has been suspended for problems ON THE FIELD. Took a boat trip before a playoff game. Etc.. and didn't he get paid? The problem with this is leveon knows based on the market there is a team that will pay him what pitt wasnt willing. Idk why he's wrong for wanting to go elsewhere knowing he can get more money and as I have REPEATEDLY stated everyone outside of steeler fanbase has said they vastly undervalued him in the gurnatees of that contract. I have not found 1 person not associated with the Steelers organization not on leveons side. You all's objectivity is low.

8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Of course, because if a player not currently on your team is hampering the Steelers then yeah, I would be all in.

It's like me saying "Pay Zeke Elliot 100 million guaranteed" knowing that future contracts would be compromised.

As a franchise you have to weigh out risk vs reward. They tried offering a higher than normal salary for him but he refused. It's like you want this franchise to go belly up for one player with a higher risk level.

You have to consider suspensions, past injuries to knees, and a showing in decline of speed.

You add that + his attitude towards not being team oriented, and the risk can very well mean he can take all that guaranteed money, get suspended for weed and Steelers can't do anything about it. Which means more future contracts will be compromised.

Bell is worth the value, just not for what this organization needs. Like you said someone will pay him and deal with that risk assessment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Um your first point Is null and void. I saw people say Kirk cousins was vastly overpaid. Same for several other players they dont just come out for anyone and say oh he should he paid the top dollar. And what does what leveon getting have to do with hall of famers like michael irvin, deion, shannon sharpe, kurt Warner, macfarland though not a hall of Famer said it during the game last night, cris carter, etc... and several analysts and aficionados of the game. They are saying with the hof talent Leveon has that HE IN PARTICULAR is worth that high pay day. I get where you are coming from with the risk but there's also RISK ON HIS SIDE with how shady the nfl business is. But answer this hasnt odell had similar issues? Didnt he just get paid more gurnateed money far more than ab FULLY GURANTEED? That's what you and everyone else is constantly ignoring on here because of course your number 1 thing is what's in the best interest of the steelers. My point is people who have nothing to do with either party are on leveon's side...

10. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    The Steelers didn't lowball him, which seemed to be the thrust of Booger's rant last night. "Pay him what he deserves" wasn't the reason the parties couldn't get a contract signed.

The Steelers are one of, what, two franchises that will not guarantee a high percentage of contract value. The other thirty teams will. Given that people are used to seeing big guarantees 94% of the time, it's not surprising that most people think Bell should likewise be getting his guaranteed money.

11. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Field Goal Jesus?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Still waiting for Boz to turn it around. I'm not giving up on him yet. But it may be time to have a plan B in your back pocket in case this gets worse.

13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Are you old enough to remember Steve Blass?

• Like Like x 1
  14. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Who?

15. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I looked him up. Not much of a baseball fan. Google search brought up Steve Blass and a case of the yipps. Lol. I guess we can say Boswell has a case of the yipps for sure.

16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Steve Blass never recovered his form.