1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So what do the Steelers do?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TuRnDoWnForWaTT, Sep 23, 2018.

1. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Boz isn't alone - have you seen how many missed easy FG's and XP's have occurred just in the first 3 weeks? It's those new rubber goal posts they've installed I tell ya. :hmm:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Maybe thats the problem? I look around the league and I see two legit defenses right now. Jax and Chicago. Really only Jax, lets see Chicago do it over the course of a season. Vikes just got lit up by Buffalo, I don't want to hear any excuses, they were pitiful.

Fact is, KC has made every team they played look silly. It's not your daddys NFL, the game is completely geared for offenses to put up a lot of points.

That said, I am still very concerned about the defense but I'm willing to move away from the ledge a little in light of what KC is doing. I'll see how they respond to Fitz and company tonight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That was my thinking, that perhaps we didn't give the Chiefs enough credit. Also, Haden's return makes a big difference. Benching Burns might be a positive as well. Not that any of their other options are great, but he was a disgrace last week.

I do agree with most saying they have to have this game tonight. I have a hard time seeing them dig out of an 0-2-1 hole against that schedule.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    elite defenses can allow turd games every now and then, it's an anamoly. Even to pitiful offenses. Trend should be that the defense is holding their own.

with that being said we are smokes and mirrors defense until proven otherwise. Backup qb's with no offensive weapons, drops, opponents turtling, opponents tanking, have more or less made up our good defensive showings.

Gone are the single digit defenses with multiple shutouts. A great defense compliments the offense opportunities to win the game, or gets a needed stop or two.

Problem with our defense is the opposition feels no pressure to score so it puts tremendous pressure on our offense/special teams with little room for error.

Offense=overrated
    special teams = mess
    defense = horrific

yet we won 13 games last year and we are sitting 0-1-1. stop starting off slow on offense, fix the special teams, and just make the defense average. That gives a chance

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm not expecting miracles I know we aren't gonna be Jax on defense. I'm looking for respectability and judging by our last two attempts at home we aren't even that. I'm not even convinced Cleveland wouldn't have had a much better showing if it wasn't for the weather and the inconsistency of TT. If you look back at that game there were a lot of missed opportunities by them. As far as Minn. It was Buffalos D that set the tempo for that game creating TOs. Let's see what happens tonight ,this D has basically been called out and they are promising a much better effort. If they get lit up again tonight I'll make room on the ledge for ya':smiley1:

6. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Per ESPN, 12 teams have field goal percentages under 80%. Wow.

7. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I am now out of the camp that Boz will be all right.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    So let's say this continues for another week. What do we do? What is the cap hit if we end up having to cut Boz? I'm not convinced Boz is going to be okay.

9. Tiny

Tiny Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I'm afraid Boz's troubles are all my fault. I have him as my kicker in my fantasy league, and every year I seem to curse my kicker. I'll be trading him today. I'm truly sorry.

• Like Like x 2
  10. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Release him immediately!! :lolol:

11. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Let's see how Boswell does vs. Ravens before any rash decisions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

I dunno but had we lost by 1 point I would have busted my TV.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Boz probably has two or three more weeks, tops, before he's demoted or released. It sucks because he's been insanely good, but kicking is so mental.

14. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    The two misses were bad but they did at least hit the upright and were not completely flubbed. All the other kicks were right down the middle. I am hoping he is going to get it turned around. We know he has the talent.

15. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    If they're keeping Burns around they'll be keeping this bum around too.

16. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    If Boswell keeps struggling, we will have to score touchdowns for his remaining contract.
    We will need him

17. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Change his tampon and get him some ice cream. He'll be fine.

18. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I thought you said pitt doesnt turn it's back on guys?
    Vikings defense is overrated(thought not because of buffalo I think they overlooked them) but they do at least have pro bowl/all pro level players and there is room for improvement. Chi is legit with mack. Jax is jax. I think the rams have a elite defense as well they were shutting the chargers out for the most part until Talib and Peters got hurt and both have minor injuries and will be back soon. Redskins have a pretty good defense. So does philly that bucs game was a fluke. Now everyone else is pretty much average to bad except for those.

19. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Two entirely different situations. There's a difference between cutting a player that just blew out his knee and cutting a player that can't make a flippin extra point.

20. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I don't have the answer, but this reminds me of the Kris Brown situation when all the sudden he forgot how to kick (I know they blamed the stadium) but Cowher stuck with him and it cost them in the long run.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I do agree it's all about the mental. I could see Tomlin being more lenient then us fans might be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Is it against nfl policy to keep two kickers on the roster?

23. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I like Boswell. I hope it dosent come to that.

24. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Its not so therefore they can pick someone else and keep him instead of turning their back on him.

25. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Turning their back on him? If your a kicker who can't make kicks your not going last very long. I see the point your trying to make here, and it's a weak one. Bell and Boswell's situation are like apples and sports cars, entirely different.

• Agree Agree x 1