1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So what’s wrong with our offense?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    There have been plays where Ben had time and open receivers down the field but didn't throw it to them. That's just the truth. Why didn't he throw... :shrug:

2. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    It’s not far off…. Just drape a defender on Ben’s back and move JuJu about 75% closer.

• Like Like x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Best I can describe this is something I know.
    If everytime I see You throw a right jab ....I think I can step 2 the side , and throw a left hook, but everytime I do...You Hit Me with a sidekick....I stop looking for that Move.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Has he thrown to the middle of the field at all this season?

Yes, I’m sure he is fine and just choosing to eliminate an entire portion of the field from play. Throw the opposing defense a bone, their job is too hard, make it easier for them.

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Most of that is the line, but indirectly, Roethlisberger is part of the problem. That he refuses to even try to throw down field over the middle makes it a hell of a lot easier for teams to stack the box.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    I don't believe he has attempted a single pass over the middle, longer than 10 yards, all season. Certainly not in the last two games (I don't remember the passing chart from week 1). It's absurd. It's so easy to defend this offense right now and that is making everything else break. With so many defenders near the LOS there's no way to do anything in the run or short passing game.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    5 of 58 pass attempts went more than 15 yards downfield in the air. 1 was completed. None were to the middle of the field.

As long as that continues, there will be no run game. It's too easy to stack the box and take it away with no repercussions.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Meanwhile a healthy James Connor is scoring tds. Stay strong Najee.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    he on a Big Bender and the oline cant tell him to stop.

10. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I haven't been able to watch the game yet but did Popcorn & Canada get our fullback on the field offensively?

11. CanadianSteel

Oct 24, 2011
    It’s really not an indictment of Harris. He has had nowhere to go… Connor would be getting killed in this offense.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. CanadianSteel

Oct 24, 2011
    I remember him out there for 2 plays.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I saw that. JC would have been a good #2 behind Najee I don’t know why they didn’t keep him around given that he is playing for peanuts in AZ. I know he was hurt a lot but I think the #2 role with reduced snaps could have worked.

I can’t see Najee taking this crazy physical punishment for 17 games. He is going to go down at some point and then what? Benny Snell and McFarland are useless, they don’t even trust them for a series here and there to give Harris a rest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Connor probably didn't want to come back, which is understandable for a #2 rb on the Steelers.

15. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    You're in for a treat. Derek Watt gets a play as the outside WR. I can only imagine how scared the Bengals defense was.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Outside receiver, are you kidding me? Was he out there to block for Claypool or catch a one on one ball? Sorry folks, but what is wrong with our offense?
    Ben & a few others seem to not be able to grasp what Canada has created, my theory. Ben with his suspectable reads (nothing new), & no AB skillz or Wallace speed type to bail the gunslinger out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    No clue. Iirc Najaee was out wide on the opposite end with a few people then Watt was on the other side by himself :lolol: I was losing my **** over that and totally forgot what even happened. Screen to Najaee? Whatever it was it resulted in nothing. There was no threat of anything happening on the whole right side of the field. You will have to comeback and give us the play by play when you watch the game.

18. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  19. CanadianSteel

Oct 24, 2011
    That might have been the shovel pass Watt got? I believe it gained about 2-3 yards. So about the season average.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    No, I swear there was a play where they motioned everyone and Najee went out wide to the left and Watt to the right. Not the play you are thinking of.

21. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  22. CanadianSteel

Oct 24, 2011
    Fair enough. That whole game is a nightmarish blur, so my memory is spotty at best.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. CanadianSteel

Oct 24, 2011
    This has crossed my mind… And if it’s happening, Tomlin needs to sack up and do something about it.

24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    This is true, but there’s another factor from the passing game to consider as well. We present pretty much zero threat of play action, especially over the middle. If it looks like a run when the play starts, it’s definitely a run, and the LBs and safeties can attack with no fear of being burned.

25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 2