1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So Senquez Golson walks into an airport with a gun...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 08SteelCurtain, Apr 12, 2017.

1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I don't know. Maybe it's just me, but you hear about people getting arrested for this crap all the time. I had to carry a rifle for a hunting trip and had no idea how to handle the situation. So I called the airline and asked them. They were polite and gave me the very reasonable steps I had to take. It couldn't be loaded, had to be in a lockable case, had to be declared at the check in counter, and checked as luggage. Easy peazy

2. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Every state has difference conceal carry laws, but I don't think any of them allow carry in your carry on bag. Must be declared and checked in baggage under the plane. In Ohio they just recently allowed conceal carry in non-restricted areas (i.e. before going through TSA checkpoints). In any case I think it was stupid of him to not know the rules if he does in fact have a conceal carry license.

EDIT: According to Alabama law you can carry in the airport, but not into the secure areas and terminals. He should have checked the gun in a locked bag under the plane.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Athletes and entertainers always do dumb :poopy: like this, thinking they can travel with a gun in their luggage without going through the proper procedures.

4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Isn't that the truth.

5. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    You mean like shooting themselves in the leg..

• Like Like x 1
  6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    yep. magazines pulled out, gun and mags in a lock box and the 2 keys on your person. ammo is allowed in the lock box too but not in the magazines i believe. not as hard as i first thought it would be to fly it to your destination. as long as your destination (state) recognizes your concealed carry license. locked in your bag at pickup is concealment. i would think he was smart enough to call ahead and find out what it took to do this while flying. especially if he took the CCW weapons class to get his license. amazing. :cool:

7. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    "Here's what we know ... the 2015 2nd round draft pick was going through security at Mobile Regional Airport around noon Wednesday when they found a Glock .45 caliber pistol along with 23 rounds of ammunition in the magazine."

Damn, son, that's one hell of a .45 caliber magazine!!

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  8. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I was thinking the same Clive, maybe he should take some shooting lessons along with a refresher CCW class.

9. Griswald

Griswald Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2014
    Apparently, its fairly common...

WASHINGTON — In 2015, Transportation Security Administration (TSA) officers intercepted 2,653 firearms in carry-on bags at airport security checkpoints across the United States. This is nearly 20 percent more than in the previous record-setting year. In 2014, TSA officers discovered 2,212 firearms in carry-on bags.

10. LoneHorseman

LoneHorseman Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017

Ahhh, brings back memories of a certain Pitt U QB in the 1983 draft... What could've been

11. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think Golson is most likely good as gone.

He can't come in and have an average or slightly above average camp. If he doesn't come in an push for a starters position I think they cut him

12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    So, in 2 years almost 5000 people who are too stupid to own guns show up at the airport. Makes you wonder how many are walking around in public?

No wonder people want more gun control. Not me, but people, who ever that is.

13. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    A lot more than you think. I have a CCP. I see people every day carrying open, which is legal in NC. Most of them scare me. I DO NOT want more control either

14. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
  15. tangofoxwhiskey

tangofoxwhiskey Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2015

And the TSA Agent asks, "Who do you think you are, Barry Switzer?"

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011

And says "Hey David Dao, get out of my damn seat NOW before I call the police"

17. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I wonder if Golson started speaking jive and then they had to go and get a stewardess to clear the whole thing up?