1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So now according to reports....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by vlad582, Oct 15, 2017.

1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    People freaking out about this need to keep one other thing in mind. His "girlfriend" that was tweeting about this crap and supposedly corroborating it is just a teenager. Freaking 19yo chick stirring up crap.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I wouldnt move Bryant now. If he never gets on track this year, then look to move him in the offseason.

Him and Ben need to get in sync. The offense averaged a TD more a game with Bryant in the lineup than without before his suspension.

3. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Bryant again today denied that he requested a trade.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Very valid points indeed . I guess the question is .Can they get in sync ? I am leaning towards no. And also leaning towards the run game and the Defense gives this Team the best shot this season . As I said getting rid of Ross and getting a real CB would do a lot for this Defense . Bryant is way more talented than Ross ,but ask yourself this question .If a move at CB made this D that much better then how much would a move at Safety do ?

I guess it comes down to whether or not you believe Ben has better ball yet to play ? If yes.Then you keep him. If no then a move right now is probably the best.

I don't want a mid to late draft pick if we decide a move is best. I would rather add another key cog to this Defense and would not be shy about throwing some weight in the form of draft picks to leverage a true player.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Story was bogus. I dont know why fans ran with it. Came from Rappaport, should have been the first clue.

Lot of people want to tear Bryant down but I tip my cap to him. He's travelled a long road to get back here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  7. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Love the Warriors comment. Narduzzi said he would welcome him as Pitt’s new tailback.

8. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    So thread closed? hahaha!
    But keep his luggage next to the locker.

9. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The Warriors comment was a good one. Glad he squashed the rumors. Think these 4 WR's can be lethal if Ben can find himself again. Brown, Bryant, JuJu and Rogers are all different match up nightmares. Then add in Bell and a running game maybe the offense can score 25 points a game... LOL!

10. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Hmmm...

My mistake. I apologize. :hi:

11. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Just saw this on the NFL network

Attached Files:

12. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I was at the game and there were no indications that he was disgruntled. In fact, he and Brown seemed to be having a great time from start to finish. It also seems the team is making a serious effort to squash the drama. All the post game interviews it seems the reporters try to bait them about stats but guys are shutting it down with "team" talk, especially Bell.

13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    They really should place an empty gatorade cooler just inside the locker room with a sign reading

"In case of unhappiness throw this and a member of the coaching staff or Deebo will address your concerns"

It would just save time.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    A lot of folks advocating trading MB. I'm not pushing the idea, but what you reckon his trade value is? I can't imagine it's much. You probably wouldn't get more than the 4th rounder you used to draft him. I mean, who's gonna give you much for a stone-hands, stone headed WR who is easily tackled. If that all you can get for him, you might as well keep him. His current contract is relatively low and who knows he might turn out to be a deep threat again. Though I wonder if his QB can reliably deliver the long ball anymore.

15. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I’d trade him to Denver where the temptation to smoke pot would be too much for him to resist, and just sit back and watch his career go to complete ruin.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Good thing some of us roasted him while we could.
    Now that it sounds like the story was bogus, he'll be traded by the end of the week.;)

17. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Me and a few others were guilty of a false start on this one. Oops!

18. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Well that's terrific. Now the media will investigate that and find out that they've been together prior to her 18th and make him piss test for statutory rape in his system!!!

19. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    I was actually thinking of another roll, and you usually smoke it if you get my drift...

20. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Yeah I was just finally feeling good about the big win and thought all the nonsense was behind us, then I find those tweets. Glad that everything is fine, just been a nightmare of a year between all this extra circular crap with the kneeling, AV and the locker room drama, it just seems to never end this year.

A guy like me just wants to kick back and watch football to escape the realities of this world for 3 hours after a long work week. If I wanted all this drama I could just watch the news and want to jump off a roof. Sorry for getting everyone panicked over what appears to be nothing.

21. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Good post. I recall a similar interaction with AB after an AB catch. It looked to me like AB was giving him props for a block, but I'd need to rewatch the play to see if that makes sense.

22. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Some asshat probably heard him after one of the losses griping about something and his girlfriend decides she needs to post some crap he was grumbling about in the home.

Like most people they tend to grumble about things from work around significant others, that they're just venting.

23. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    All this crap because some moron named Ian Rappaport that calls himself an "NFL insider" cites ""unnamed sources". He's about as believable as that dough boy phony Jay Glazer. Where the hell do these media outlets find these bozos?

24. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Yup, that's exactly how I recall it too.

25. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Roethlisberger was asked if he’s seen any lack of effort from Bryant in the past several weeks.

“None whatsoever,” the Steelers quarterback said. “As a matter of fact, this last week I thought he gave more effort in the run game, in blocking for other guys. There’s a play, A.B. [Antonio Brown] catches a ball over the middle running towards Martavis, Martavis turns around and picks up a block and A.B. almost springs out of it. A.B. jumps up, starts celebrating with Martavis because he saw Martavis blocking. I think the effort was even better this week on his part in things like other than just the pass game.”

• Like Like x 2