1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So Manning Smashed the Raiders

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Wreck, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Wreck

Wreck Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Just shows that some teams know how to do their homework.

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I was kinda thinking it showed that our Defense is just as bad as it looks. Ben torched them too.

3. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    We Smashed them too. Problem is they smashed our D. We hung 31 points on them, we should have won, but we didn't.

4. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah and actually Ben out played Peyton.
    Ben threw for 384 and 4 tds
    Peyton threw for 338 and 3 tds
    Nuff Said.

5. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Yeah this :applaud:
    I thought the same thing when i saw the final "man ,i can't believe we couldn't beat those bums !!"
    Seems like a reverse situation is happening now...The D has carried the average offense for years under Cowher and even the seattle SB win,,now the offense is just hoping to have the ball last with a chance to win it

6. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Plus Denver played them at home, we had them at their house. Always easier at home.

7. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Easier yes, but it doesn't excuse how poor our defence played. If Timmons hadn't earholed Sanchez, I can't help but wonder if the Jets would have beat us too. Sanchez was lighting us up until Timmons smashed him in the head.

8. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    I agree with everyone above. We smashed them as well but it was our defense that got smashed back. I was watching that game on and off and they were literally inept on offense. Denver D was all over them. Granted we got some unlucky breaks with the 2 fumbles we lost giving them short fields to work with but our defense combined with our special teams is going to kill us this year. They really need to tighten up and hopefully they do when everyone is back and healthy.

BLITZ

9. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    It seems the special teams gets it together when they start a season terribly. I believe the defense will do the same.

We don't need lights-out D (though I'd welcome it), as long as ST gives the team favorable field position and the D doesn't give up more than 14-17 points/game. I believe the current offense can easily put up 20-24 points/game.

It's all about balance.

10. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    The story line in this game was Denvers Defense, they held Oak to 56 yards rushing and gave up just two FGs, Denver ran the ball for 165 yards which gave them a potent play action passing game when ever they wanted it, if payton had our running game with our Oline and defense to play with, he probably would have been sacked and picked to death in this game....

11. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah wouldn't you know it. OMG why oh why cant we field a team that has both defense and offense playing good ball.. sheesh

Bman