1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So is it safe to say...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TuRnDoWnForWaTT, Dec 3, 2018.

1. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    The bye week is out of the question?:facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    Yeah we need to worry about even getting in right now, not a bye. If we had won tonight then maybe, but not anymore. This is going to be a struggle just to get in.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I still think winning the division is very likely. But who knows? Oakland actually showed some life today. If we lose that one Tomlin may need to join the NFL Network cast with Mike McCarthy.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Mike & Mike show.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Meh, bye weeks are overrated.

If we don't get into the play offs by virtue of some other team missing a Field Goal in week 17 or something, it just won't feel like a genuine season.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Playoffs, don’t talk about playoffs. I just hope we can win a game.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm not that worried about losing the bye. I've seen that act often enough.

I just don't see making the playoffs as likely at all. This is an ugly collapse and it could easily turn into a five-game losing streak. The status of Conner is going to be huge. The Raiders stink against the run, but the Steelers won't be able to attack that weakness without Conner and the Raiders seem to have found a little life the last couple of weeks.

8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Sad but true. Steelers have been a dumpster fire after the Carolina game

9. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    If Conner's out, we're pretty much locked into high-scoring shoot-outs through the rest of the season.

Oakland is iffy - I'm now a firm believer that Gruden isn't trying to win.

10. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I was worried about getting the bye if we were to have any chance because I dont see us going to both KC and NE winning both games. We cant go into Houston either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    It's very safe to say that getting #7 is a long way off. It won't be with Ben and who knows how long he will hang around.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The Raiders gave the Chiefs a game yesterday. They have played much better the last couple of weeks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm more concerned with getting into the playoffs at this point. Get there and they can just worry about one game at a time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    You've been watching this team long enough, you should know better. Whenever they go against a team that is lousy in one facet of the game, they always for some stupid reason become one dimensional in the thing that is the other team's strength.

15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers will lose to the Raiders. Carve it in stone.

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  16. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    If we lose that one, Tomlin should be fired as he is walking off the field.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    who gives a ****........ This team is going nowhere with ben........... He is not capable of carrying a team

18. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I would join the Fire Tomlin crowd as well, but nope we are winning and coming out with a non losing season so he keeps his job.

19. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Therefore, we'll pass every down!

20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That is exactly what they will do if Conner is out or playing through the injury.

To be fair, the officiating played a role in their limited running game in the second half yesterday. Holding calls gave them second and over 15 yards on their first two drives of the second half and took away a big run and a solid gain on a screen to Conner.

21. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    We will play down to their level just like we do with all sub-par teams. That being said, we are a sub-par team and just playing like complete garbage all the way around the horn, so next week is a toss up.

If Connor is out for any length of time and pass happy Ben continues with his play, he will throw at least 6 more picks before the end of the season. That means the defense is on the field more and that will continue to be a train wreck.

Special teams....enough said right there!

Somebody said it in another post....we are a flash team with moments of brllliance; however, that won’t get it done in today’s NFL. Unfortunately, we seem to be in self-destruct mode.

I hope for the best, but this team never fails to dissapoint some how some way.

22. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Sad thing is... Harbaugh may lose his job as HC of the Ravens. He is a much better coach than Tomlin. Ravens are winning with a rookie QB and patchwork defense and offense. Steelers are stuck with Tomlin for at least another 5 years, no matter what happens. :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I want to agree but I just cant. This team doesnt have the discipline to put together a string of wins vs elite teams. Are they good enough that at their best they can beat anybody? Absolutely including the saints, rams, and chiefs. But the problem is we get in our own way. We just make mistakes, penalties, missed assignments, and missed opportunities more than anyone else. Ben missing a wide open hunter. Like that Allen touchdown. Why is Davis undercutting the reciever? Its a bracket coverage with Haden playing underneath and Davis playing OVER THE TOP. Why was a linebacker covering Allen like we had gronk single covered vs NE on the most important drive of the game? Did they not learn from not having their best guy on the others teams best guy in crunch time? Maybe even the season because that game pretty much clinched us not getting a bye. This team just doesn't have the mental makeup. They had the physical capabilities but not the mental aspect to really be elite.

24. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I think Harbaugh keeps his Job I'd the ravens make the playoffs. Flacco though is done in Bmore.

25. pellynch14

pellynch14 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    I don't see us getting in. I think we only win one more game

• Agree Agree x 1