1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So is Aaron Rodgers that good or

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigsteelerfaninky, Jan 1, 2012.

1. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    is it just the offense he is in?

Matt Flynn
    480 passing yards
    6 tds

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Amazing what a good offensive system, competent (barely) line, and good play calling can do, huh?

3. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Yes, Aaron Rodgers is really that good. But good outing by Flynn, against a decent D.

4. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Yup.

Rodgers is a damn good QB, who just so happens to play in a very friendly system. Recipe for terror for the rest of the league. GB just earned themselves another 2nd or 3rd round pick by having a competent backup QB and a top-notch offensive system. Flynn was valuable before this performance; this effort just made his value skyrocket.

5. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Rogers is excellent. He makes pinpoint throws down the field while on a dead run and the new rules make it a lot easier for Q,B,'s like that to excel.

6. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I do think Aaron Rodgers is that good. It pains me to say that because I just personally find him arrogant and cocky and not the "every man" like Brett Favre was. But I HIGHLY doubt there is a qb controversy brewing in Green Bay.

7. PAOK

PAOK Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    "I just personally find him arrogant and cocky and not the "every man" like Brett Favre was"

uhm, wut? You got it backwards buddy, Brett Favre was the arrogant prick. Just because he was a redneck doesn't mean he was an "every man". The guy ****** send pictures of his **** to women lol. Rodgers is pure class.

And yeah he is that good. To begin with he has excellent mechanics(best in the league) and technique is general and that has nothing to do with a system.

8. Steel Buckeye

Steel Buckeye Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Looks like we have a packer fan in our midst. Rodgers is good, make no mistake, but he is a good QB in a great system on a good team. Look at the pats a few years ago. Brady goes down for the year with an injury and Matt Cassel steps in and goes 11-5 with that team. The pats were good without brady and very good with him. Good system good team around him. Same with the pack. Do you really think rodgers would put up the numbers he does in our offense? Oh and by the way, rodgers is an arrogant prick, because if other players and coaches are coming out and saying it, and that is becoming his reputation around the league by people who interact with him. And how soon packer fans forget all that Farve did by making packer football relevant again. Before rodgers came around he was a legend up there. Nevermind the whole retire - unretire thing.

9. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Welcome to the board...easy on the language please.

10. Steel Buckeye

Steel Buckeye Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    And by the way why did rodgers steal his championship belt TD celebration from Freddie Mitchell who used to play for the eagles.

11. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Sorry stinky but you're making my argument for me. The Packers/Lions game demonstrated you don't necessary need a superstar QB to put up huge numbers and win games if you have a system that brings out the best in it's players. It's called good coaching & creative play calling. This years 49'ers are another example. They go 13 - 3 (and kick our butts) with Alex Smith, who prior to this year was a major bust. Are you kidding me? They're plus 28 on turnovers and we're minus 13? Do they have better players than we do? I don't think so, not even close but their coaching staff has devised a winning strategy that has them playing at a higher level than us. That's why we need to

:FBAI!:

12. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Rodgers is very good.No doubt,the best QB in the game today. Rodgers,Brees,Brady,Ben,Newton.(my top five)

13. 6stinkyfingers

6stinkyfingers Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2011
    Imagine Brady with the Packers weapons, or the Saints weapons for that matter. I don't like him, but he is the best QB in the league with Manning a close second.

14. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Uhmm, Freddie Mitchell had 5 career touchdowns over a 4 year career. Rodgers does that by halftime, so I wouldn't exactly call that "stealing his move".

15. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Watching both play, I would give the edge to Rodgers. They both make ridiculous throws, but Rodgers seems to fit the ball in tighter windows on a more consistent basis. The places he puts the balls is almost unfair to DB's.

16. DTX180

DTX180 Member

Jan 1, 2012
    i mean we could say the same about ben? Last year he missed the first 4 games and we went 3-1, almost going 4-0 except for the ravens.

17. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    That was Arians bad playcalling. Wait.. We actually went 3-1 .. forget get I said anything lol

18. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    AND he probably listens to his coaches :thumbsup:

19. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Um...I thought he stole it from State Farm?! :hehehe:

20. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

ST-ILL-ERS FAN Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Let's just say San Francisco must really be kicking themselves right about now....Alex Smith....reallly???

21. white_steel_wolfe

white_steel_wolfe Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

Ben should of never played. Would be a different story if he sat. Who badly injured three what, 3 picks? That is not the result of our system and coaching. That is the result of bad decision to let Ben play. Sure there will always be what ifs, I'm just saying.

If San Fran is really all that then they will prove it in the playoffs. They have yet to prove ****. The Steelers have been winning on a consistent basis.

22. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Favre, Rodgers, Flynn ...... I'm convinced there's something in the Cheese up there :lolol:

23. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    You find Aaron Rodgers arrogant and cocky? As much as i... resent? him for being as good as he is and beating us in the Super Bowl, I think the guy has class... but he is the top QB in the league most would say, he is young and has a super bowl championship and MVP so if he comes off confident, well then he should.

24. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes I do. He's got hellish talent no doubt but I think he comes across personally as an arrogant A-hole.

25. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    It has to partly be the system.

West Coast offense puts QB's in the best position to make plays. Every team should run it.