1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So explain this to me

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Nov 29, 2021.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I already like that place

• Like Like x 1
  3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I bet Cardinal boards have amazing MLB discussions. They always give their base a glimmer of hope just about every season.

• Like Like x 1
  4. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Two things I'm sure of, Steelers will win maybe 1 more game and you will win Pickem. I'm just trying for second now.

5. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Not to be mean buy your avatar looks like you took out both your dogs.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    You might want to duck down a bit as that one goes over your head. But kudos for proving that you didn't continously bad mouth the team through multiple threads and the GameDay threads in this "one" instance.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I highly doubt that is gonna happen. Ravens, Vikings and Titans are all better teams than the Steelers. Only winnable game I see left on the schedule is Browns.... and it wouldn't surprise me if Browns won that one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Damn man, ease down, I'm scared you're going be rolling down Rodeo with a shotgun:) Loved that song.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  9. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    No. Definitely no. Hell no, and to hell with your version of normal.

I'm a Steelers' fan. I am every bit as loyal to the team as you. My formative years as a football fan were the 1980s, so I've been through rough times before. When my family moved to the suburbs of Washington, D.C. and my father got season tickets to watch the team formerly known as the Redskins, it would have been damn easy to change my allegiance because they were great at the time, but it never crossed my mind.

None of that means I have to be positive all the time. I think some folks here take the negative stuff a bit far, but there is just so much reason to be negative right now. The Steelers are a mess. There is absolutely nothing wrong with fans venting and criticizing when the team deserves it, and man, do they ever deserve it right now. The negative is being repeated because the team is repeating the same mistakes. It is absolutely valid to point that out. You are welcome to disagree, but you don't get to decide how a fan should react.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Given that you always predict doom and gloom, it is the equivalent of a broken watch being right twice a day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Damn. Please share that link. I promise not to tell where I got it when they boot me about two seconds after my first post. :)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  12. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    I've predicted Steelers wins the last 3 weeks, bub. And I'm predicting a win this week too.

13. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    U mad? I'm not always doom and gloom. I praised the Steelers last week for their effort in the ill-fated comeback vs. Chargers. It shocked me that Steelers were in position to win that game after what happened in the first half.

14. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    A Pirates message board actually exists???

15. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Of course it's a .net

16. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    You never hung out with Nostradamus Glemm shut the hell up already unicorn boy.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  17. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Little known was the amount whining he did do.

A lot of " here we go again! " Sort of thing

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    This I think is the answer. Every week, I hope for the best, but Im ready For the worst. Reasons are below

1. I think Tomlin is a great coach if you have a seasoned, veteran team. That ain't what the Steelers are right now.
    2. I predicted at the end of last year Ben would be the 4th best QB in the division. Thank God Baker is regressing, or that would be true.
    3. I'm not an optimist, or a pessimist, I'm a realist. But I'm still a Steelers fan.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm simply pointing out the reality that given your overall consistent negativity, you prediction of doom isn't all that impressive.

20. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Let's remind everyone that the only person whining in this thread is Glenn. He can't take reading such negative things about the Steelers and would like all of you to suppress your negative thoughts for his mental health.

• Like Like x 1
  21. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    we have the talent? Really? Derrick truska starting at olb again. Mondeaux starting yet again. Wormly starting yet again. Haeg starting at left guard yet again. Need more?

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    That's an overly simplistic view, and IMO, not entirely correct - especially the "only person whining" part.

People are free to post whatever they like about the team within the bounds of the board's guidelines, but (again IMO) it would be a more enjoyable visit if some acted a bit more responsible with their beliefs. It's like religion: you have the right to follow any one you like; you have the responsibility not to be knocking at my door Sunday morning at 8am wanting to discuss it.

I like hearing from different views, and the level of negativity doesn't really bother me. What does is when people start acting disrespectful of others. General examples:
    • Saying disparaging things about people not agreeing with your view like, "you'd have to be delusional not to see...", "I don't know how everyone else is so blind to this - oh, wait, I forgot their altar to TOMLIN in the basement", "oh great, let's start handing out participation trophies!", etc.
    • Hijacking threads about another nuance with the team with a view/narrative for which another thread (or, often, threads) already exist.
    • Saying denigrating things about the players/coaches personally. Criticizing their play or actions is one thing. Saying a player is a "f***** idiot" because they fumbled a football is ridiculous.
    Productive discourse is fostered by respecting others in the discussion and genuinely considering their viewpoints. Coming in hot, hopped up on anger and/or Iron City, creating duplicate threads for topics that already exist, hijacking others with tangential rants, deliberately ignoring/misconstruing others' arguments, etc., are all more trollish behaviors that are likely to lead only to more destructive and inflamed diatribes. Passionate debate can be had without denigrating the people you're speaking with or about.

It isn't just about "negative" versus "positive".

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  23. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    I don't know about that pickem man, anything is possible. But I think with the right moves, the Steelers could split the last games or do even better than that.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Great work! You want me to ban them all for you?

25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Some people also like to troll :shrug:

• Winner Winner x 1