1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So a little Question

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by S.T.D, Apr 12, 2024.

1. A Great Qb

10 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. OK Qb

37 vote(s)
    67.3%
  3. Terrible Qb

8 vote(s)
    14.5%
  1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I actually believe the RB position is the only thing on offense we are better than Chicago last year offensively. I actually think their OL overall was better than ours.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Agreed, especially the first seven weeks of the season when they had Okorafor at right tackle.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    You know, I never heard this before ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Lol, because it’s not a definitive thing for me. Like TJ I was positive would be a beast, some guys you just have a good feel for. With Fields Im not sure, just that I like his talent and potential.

I’m really in the same boat I was with Pickett going into this year if he was still here except Fields has far more talent and higher ceiling. So I’m excited about that part at least. Just hope he makes the jump.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Occupational hazard for a teacher, but I did at least phrase it differently.

• Like Like x 2
  6. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    I voted for great so just in case he does turn out great, then I can rub it in everyone's face.

Anyone choosing ok or terrible will just prove they prefer the Steelers to not do well if they decide to gloat about it.

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Wait ......what???
    LoL
    So if we think He is no good already, and He turns out to be no good for the Steelers....it's our fault??? LoL. Covering all your bases now huh???
    I think He sucks, but I would give half of all the money I have for the next 4 years for Him to be awesome, and win us some SBs, and prove Me wrong. Yet because I said He's not very good before we get Him...., and if He turns out to not be very good for us, and I say see....I told you.....somehow I'm not a Steelers fan. LoL. I would love to know how You arrive at that.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    I'm sure there is some sarcasm in OB1 post in the last sentence with some playful jab in first sentence. OBVIUSLY. (THANKS TOMLIN)
    What i don't get is Fields being awesome and winning Sheep Balls??

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    You do know Fields has been in the league 3 yrs? Played 38 games? Dont see where we think he has a high ceiling

• Like Like x 1
  10. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    3 years, shown nothing… but but he is athletic and has a high ceiling:facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m aware. Why are you so triggered by people thinking he is talented. Get a grip, your evaluation of a player isn’t the be all end all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Not triggered, just being realistic. Yes, maybe the 4th year he will bust out of his cocoon.
    I would be happy. If the Steelers do good I’m happy

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm not sure people are triggered, but I've also been making the argument that he should be farther along after three seasons if he is ever going to be something special.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    Tyrod Taylor

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    How do you pronounce that?!?!?!?!?:smiley1:

16. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Ironically, lost in some of the arguments you and I have had over whether/how many people thought Trubisky would be great and flamed you for saying otherwise is the fact that I always thought you were very level-headed in stating how you didn't think he'd was any good, but hoped to be proven wrong. There was nothing trollish about it; you weren't hoping for his demise over seeing the team do well.

There's nothing wrong with stating an opinion on a specific move/player/situation with the team. Going from thread to thread banging the same drum looking to have it acknowledged and agreed with is the kind of thing that'll twist jeh's knickers.

• Like Like x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hell No. I would have loved Trubisky to have been awesome, we won SBs, and everyone could have called me a moron all day , everyday.....I feel the same about Fields. I don't think I'm wrong about Him, but I freaking would love it if I was....., and every SB we won it could be a .....STD is stupid day.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    I had said Tyrod Taylor before without giving it much thought. What I would love for him to become within this offense is a highly functional game manager who can add some splash plays and become comfortable at playing within the system. What he should become this year is a better version of Taysom Hill if Wilson plays well and we use Fields right. What I think he will become is a perennial backup who will always have you wanting more because of his athletic ability but he will be held back because of his lack of vision of the field and the lack of intangibles that make a physically inferior QB much better than him.

• Agree Agree x 1