1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So, 2nd Round Targets?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by HugeSnack, May 9, 2014.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    make that 4 fiedorowicz.:cool:

2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Well, if the plan is to move Shazier to OLB eventually, they'd better start bulking him up now. I definitely think he has the raw talent to be a good speed rusher off the edge, but he needs anchor mass to be an OLB in our scheme.

3. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011

SJB is my choice....got to remember "WR trying to play corner" is what everyone said about Sherman when I was beating that drum as well. I don't think SJB is as good as Sherman...but he can be close...I will trade off a little corner skills....for some WR hands.

HACK

4. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    WR in these order ( if we stay at 46 ):
    jordan matthews
    cody latimer
    allen robinson

if we trade down to get another third :

moncrief
    davante adams
    martavis bryant

then in the 3rd _(maybe trade up) to get a cb like gaines mc gilll desir jean baptiste

5. SteelerBark

SteelerBark Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I've been amidst the war chanters for a CB. I just think the FO is more concerned about a dominant front 7. I fully anticipate an OLB or DE tonight. Maybe even a NT. If Nix is available, I see another sprint to the podium.

At at least we have a potentially very bright future at the safety positions. Mitchell will be as good as Clark for years to come. And I'm super excited about Shamarko. Hope he sees the field a lot this year.

My hope for tonight is Jordan Matthews. There will never be another 86, but I think this kid could be reliable, dependable and warrior-esque just like Hines.

6. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I personally think #46 is just a little too high for SJB. He's been on my radar all year, but I originally had him more as a 3rd or 4th round pick. I feel people forced him up the board based on his size and past WR skills. Then again, Mayock had him as a 1st round prospect, so who's to say.

I just think if you take SJB at #46, you are really forcing a need pick there. For me, a big WR is just too attractive at #46.

7. rmorphy

rmorphy Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    I would go Jordan Matthews 2nd, and top CB at #97. Please don't take Nix or Tuitt in the 2nd.

8. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I don't want Nix, but Tuitt or Hageman would be options for me. I want this D rebuilt. I think we might have enough at WR for another year, but the D needs fixed. Signing Mitchell helps, as does Shazier, but I want some more. Give me speed, give me depth.

Now, if the FO truly likes Arnfelt and Williams and feels we are okay with Keisel for one more year as they develop, then by all means go OLB and CB and CB. Brown was a 6th round pick and has had success NOT because of his tape but because he refuses to be 2nd best to anyone and his work ethic.

9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    So, as I had said earlier, I simply haven't had the chance to watch any more than about 10 minutes of tape on SJB. However, a player profiler that I really like - Drew Boylhart from the Huddle Report - has him ranked as a 1st round talent. His take is that SJB is a Kam Chancellor type of player with corner skills. What little I've watched of him makes me lean toward that being a decent assessment. If he's even borderline accurate on that evaluation, sign me up for SJB at pick #46. Otherwise, I'm passing on corner until the 3rd.

10. Cbus Steelers

Cbus Steelers Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    As some others have said, when looking soley at WR vs. CB, the talent drop off is IMMENSE for WR's we could get at 46 when compared to who we'd get at 97. CB's is the other way around...the talent pool of guys graded as 3rd and 4th rounders makes it much more valuable to draft a CB then instead of in round 2.

Assuming no trade downs to pick up extra picks, I want a WR in round 2 and think that has to be the pick. This offense is a piece away from being scary good (assuming we get production from Wheaton this year) and guys like Moncrief, Matthews and Robinson can make an impact in year 1. I think Moncrief is the most NFL-ready and he can block so he's my preference, but I'd be happy with either of the 3 I named.

If Hageman or Tuitt are there, I think they'd be hard to pas on and I could be convinced that they are good picks, but ultimately I'll be disapointed if pick #46 isn't a WR.

11. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    after they took a LB with the first pick and not dennard the CB i see no point and trying to predict anything they do in any future rounds. and what was so frustrating to see is to see the bengals get dennard 9 picks after us... so i think i wil pass on the guessing game... i looked at 42 mock drafts until about 2am last night .. trying ot see if ANYONE mentioned shazier... none of the 42 i looked at had him picked ... and only 6 had him picked at above our pick at 15.. interesting... but i thikn i wil just watch the PENS game and watch the ticker at the bottom of the screen to see who we take .. probably some OL guy...

HINES

12. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    :lolol:
    Cheer up bud! :thumbs_up:

13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    yea,OL would be sweeeeet. I just think fiedorowicz would bring better help to our line and give ben another big target. he will help our run game immensely, pass protection immensely and passing offense score points. let's not forget early last season with our TE situation. no the O isn't a done deal yet either.:cool:

14. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Tom Savage!!!

Amaro or Matthews would be nice

15. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I tend to agree. I want a dominant front 7 as well because I think it puts us in a position for our CBs to look better than they really are AND dominate the run. IMO, I think the largest question mark is what do they think about the young kids we already have. If Hageman, Tuitt, or Nix are still sitting there.....AND they like them, I think you almost have to take them. You can't just ignore the DEs because we have a "weakness". The theory might be to go with this group of 6 guys to cover....Ike, Gay, Allen, Troy, Mitchell, and Shamarko. Throw in Timmons, Shazier, Jones, and Worilds, and this team doesn't have as large of an issue covering guys as we think. Now, that being said, I still want a CB, but I am not going to cry if they don't get one now in Round 2. WR either. Brown was a 6th rounder and look at him now. I am going to put some faith in this FO and trust they are doing the right thing.

16. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I mentioned him as a dark horse candidate months ago. He's got STEELERS written all over him. The value is fine. The only thing that made it unpredictable is that ILB wasn't our #1 need (but it was a need). And we all know Colbert doesn't reach for need anyway, especially in round 1.

I think TTF had the Steelers taking him too at one point. Unless that was Mosley.

17. SteelerNDC

SteelerNDC Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I'd say if possible, the Steelers trade their 4th round pick to move up in the second and grab Nix or Marquise Lee. With Shazier we have a smaller ILB. To let him really excel, it would make sense to grab Nix to clog up the middle. Then we'd have Heyward and McLendon as our ends with McLendon moving back to NT during passing downs.

18. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    This draft is so deep, not only will we get a major impact player at #46 without trading up, but we'll also probably get one in the 4th. We need that pick.

19. bedwyr

bedwyr Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I think that's a great idea for all concerned.

20. bedwyr

bedwyr Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Funnilly enough I actually had Some Olguy, the Offensive lineman outta Somewhere State in the 2nd in my mock, think it's a Latvian name.

21. USCGSteeler

USCGSteeler Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Anyone but Marqise Lee, I just don't see him being a quality pro.

22. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Yeah, in the fall I was saying Mosley. I've said Shazier several times on here, but not in a formal 'mock'.

23. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    You've got a lot of free time. :lolol:

Just busting your chops a little. I'd do a cartwheel if they took an offensive lineman today and his name was Su'a-Filo. :dancing:

24. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    He intrigues me, don't get me wrong, but he would be overdrafted if he goes today IMO.

25. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    this is a draft you want to move DOWN in not UP

HINES