1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Smartphones

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by SteelCity_NB, Mar 25, 2019.

1. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Just curious as to what everyone uses here for their phones.

I had been using a Samsung Galaxy S5 since 2014. I loved that phone. It was pretty minimalistic by today's standards but did everything I needed it to quite well.

I'm not someone who plays games on my phone and I've never taken a self in my life. But as far as basic app's, texting and Web browsing, it was a great phone.

However, the updates had stopped for it which made it difficult to use for some brand new apps.

So when I was looking at getting a new phone it was essentially between the Galaxy S9 and the Google Pixel 3.

If you're wondering why I didn't consider an IPhone it's basically because I don't like Apple. I don't own any apple products. Ever. Just never liked the ios interface and always felt like everything was over priced.

So when I picked out a new phone last week,,even though my heart and my brain thought the Samsung S9 was the better phone, my wallet steered me towards the Pixel 3 as they had an offer for $250 off so I bought it outright as I hate getting locked into contracts.

The Pixel 3 is a pretty minimalistic phone too. It's major selling feature is the camera. While I doubt I will ever use the self camera still,I am looking forward to using this great camera a lot. The camera was a bit of a weakness on my old S5.

I was just curious what everyone else out there uses. I know a tonne of people who have corporate phones for their job and 10/10 it always seemed to be an iPhone.

2. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I'd had an iPhone 4s and an iPhone 5s previously. My iPhone 5s battery got to the point that it wasn't lasting more than a few hours, so I finally bought a new phone on Black Friday.

I've always like my iPhones, but I have several reasons that I'm not a fan of Apple as company, so I decided to switch back to something else (I used to use Blackberry's back before iPhones). I ended up buying the Motorola Moto Z3, and it's the best phone I've ever had. I love the interface, it's super stable, and the screen is amazing. It's also got "mods" that you can attach to the back magnetically. like a projector, extended battery, speaker, and now a 5G speed update mod. And I love that since it's Android, it works in conjunction with my new Sony 4K TV, which an iPhone won't do.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Moto G6 here. Had a iPhone 5s for years and finally decided to switch to Android. I thought I'd test the water with a budget phone, and honestly I don't see a need to upgrade. I do sometimes get phone envy, but it suits my needs well.

4. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Had a Galaxy S2 until it died. Bought the S7 not long after it came out (when the S2 finally died).

I'll keep this one for as long as it works.

5. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I still use my iphone 4. I have never updated it and the battery still lasts a couple days but I have the cellular data turned off as I barely get signal living in a rural area. I don't use it for much other than talking/texting and looking for chicks on tinder... Just kidding I don't talk much on it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I was an Android user forever and then made the switch to iphone. Have the 6s for a couple years now.

Funny you mentioned the Pixel because been thinking of jumping back to Android and was eyeing that phone. Battery life on the 6s now is awful. It's just that most everyone I know, especially clients use the iphone and texting is better between the same platform as opposed to when you text between iphone and Android.