1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Sincerest apologies

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by JackAttack 5958, Mar 24, 2024.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Winner. That's why when I hear people talk about being harassed....I'm like....Heck I know. LoL. 9 out of 10 times it was ....please step out of the vehicle. LoL

• Like Like x 1
  2. Voice of Reason

Voice of Reason Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2019
    Wonder if they saw -

:stogie::guiness:

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    You're forgiven Jack (for what I don't know) but at least let us have that awesome reflective avatar of that other Jack whose last name escapes me but may be linked to some DDS who hangs out around here. ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Voice of Reason

Jan 7, 2019
    Jack -

I generally read the boards more than post, but I’ve appreciated your perspective. We are all passionate, and who doesn’t enjoy a good debate.

Take some time, enjoy important time with your family, and come back at the start of the season.

In the meantime, you won’t miss much, probably continued debate about our QB situation, Tomlin, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    upload_2024-3-25_20-31-44.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I’m late to all this and in the dark, but you’re a great contributor here, Jack. Always read your posts.

Come back and join us for the draft. This is the best place on or off the internet for Steelers draft info and insights

• Like Like x 2
  7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Read my sig. I am aware, but I would never make it personal, then act as if I'm taking the high road as I bail.

And yes, Jack did that on another thread. I hadn't seen it yet the first time I posted on this thread. I still hope he returns, but I can't say I care for the way he handled that.

8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    All of us probably cross the line on occasion, I know when to walk away from an argument on here, even letting the other person have the last word so be it.

9. Aerosteel

Aerosteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Come on Scribe. Jack put himself out there with this thread. This response by you is unnecessary and disappointing. Sometimes saying nothing is the best course of action.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Speaking the truth is almost always the best course of action, though I do respect the course of action he chose. He saw something that wasn't allowing him to be the best version of himself and chose to correct it, which is commendable. I hope he finds a balance that he is comfortable with when he returns.

11. Aerosteel

Aerosteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I could give you many situations where telling the truth is not the best course of action. I have found people that say they tell the truth all the time are not emotionally intelligent. In most cases, when someone is telling the truth, they are actually telling their truth. Humility requires that we understand that our truths are in most cases not universal truths.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. pastorbob

pastorbob Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    God Bless you and your family as you spend more family time as for your Christian walk I would have been proud and blessed to have you as one of my church elders .

• Like Like x 1
  13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Luckily I don't tell the truth all the time. Hell, I'd be out of a job by now if I always told my students the truth! I'd be sleeping on the couch quite often if I always told my wife the truth. My child might be in therapy if I wasn't careful about how I chose my words with her.

Nice attempt at a subtle jab, though. It's funny. You were complaining about my contribution to this thread, but now you are dragging it out. You could have just let the comment go. Perhaps you should try listening to your own advice next time.

14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    And there is one guy that always has to have last word ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Had my car ransacked on more than one occasion

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Some of you guys need a rap in the mouth

• Winner Winner x 2
  17. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    I feel you man, I rarely post anymore myself. Too much in fighting at times, it can be mentally draining. It's just a game, there are much more important things in life to focus on

18. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    With respect, I would say your approach comes across as precisely that at times. You tend to use a lot of passive aggression mixed with proclamations of being right, providing the better argument, etc. The passive aggression allows you to take jabs and talk down to another under the guise of meaning something else. It may not be a direct attack, but it's still an attempt to slander the other person character or opinion.

And in the world of sports it's difficult to declare who is "right" in most debates, outside of black-and-white topics like a specific statistic. More often it's whether you happen to agree with another's take on a matter. Stating your viewpoint and declaring it to be right while peppering in passive aggressive barbs to those that disagree ("I'm sorry you have such a problem with the truth", e.g.) is just a different way of making things personal from one's position atop the high road.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Now go back and read the whole post. I would never make it personal, and then take the high road as I bail. Hell, I don't think I claim the high road much, either. I certainly don't when I post something like that. I'm honest. I mock what people post when I think they are being unreasonable, especially when they make things up.

My specific issue with what he did was post as if he was taking the high road and leaving for a while on this thread while he had just ripped into me on another thread. If you are going to rip into someone, stick around for the response.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2024
  20. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I made the same decision over a year ago.
    As a fellow Christian I totally understand.
    I just don’t have your restraint and better judgement sometimes. Go Steelers and enjoy your time.

Col. 3:23

Cajun

• Like Like x 1
  21. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I’ve always enjoyed your posts. There are one or two posters on this board who find it necessary to attack the poster rather than intelligently debate. We are all passionate fans and have opinions. It is unfortunate some cannot respect another fan’s perspective if it doesn’t coincide with their view. You will be missed Jack!

25. Voice of Reason

Jan 7, 2019
    Your response feels like “I need the last word”.

Jack was in the other thread Sunday morning and was clearly upset about how the conversation was progressing. He came back later that night, in a separate thread, to apologize and say he was stepping away from things.

To me, if someone has been reflective and vulnerable, then you have to respect them for that. I certainly don’t believe you should come back and try to rub their face in it as they are apologizing.