1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Sincerest apologies

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by JackAttack 5958, Mar 24, 2024.

1. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Hey guys…just wanted to let everyone know that I’ll be taking a break from the board for awhile. I also wanted to sincerely apologize to anyone that I may have offended with anything I’ve posted. Many times I’ve fallen short of what I always strive for in debate and discussion and that’s courteous and respectful dialogue and for that I’m sorry.

I’ve also spent way too much time and mental energy interacting over trivial things on this board and being pulled into and contributing to endless debates and that’s time and energy I’m taking away from my family and other more productive endeavors. I’ve always had a bit of an addictive and hyper-competitive personality and I think those traits have carried over to this board and has shown up in the time I’ve spent here and in some of the dialogue that I’ve had with some of you. I’m not very proud of that and, honestly, it hasn’t been very Christ-like. For that I’m truly sorry.

At any rate, I’m sure I’ll check in from time to time to see how things are going and will continue to be right there with you rooting on the Steelers. May God bless each of you and your families.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2024
    • Like Like x 29
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I've had to pull back more than once for my own sanity. It's good to know yourself and know when you're getting a little too into the weeds.

Take the time you need and get some perspective. We'll still be here in the fall. ;)

• Like Like x 7
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    You’re being overly tough on yourself. You haven’t been nearly as unruly as you’re making yourself out to be, just a bit repetitive. Now, if it’s been taking you away from family and what’s really important, well then a course correction is in order for those reasons, not for the board.

• Like Like x 10
  4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    don't be too much of a stranger jack. always enjoyed your input. good luck and keep on keepin on my brotha. hope you find the joy you are after.

:drinks::cool:

• Like Like x 2
  5. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Haven't been on much recently. Not sure what happened, but I just wanted to wish you well.

I always try not to take things that get written here personal. But, I think we all get sucked in from time to time.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Are you happy Scribe? :lolol:;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :thumbs_up:

8. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    It can be really difficult to disengage from a disagreement around here, especially when some will chase and pester you until you admit you were "wrong". A agree with @Steel_Elvis, don't be too hard on yourself but I certainly understand the need to step away at times. I've had to do so myself.

• Like Like x 2
  9. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    :herewego!:Yeah, each year I pull back more and more. I always check in to read the chatter on some topics and a few posts depending on a few things that my own algorithm informs.

I still do a lot more reading than posting.

But I could never leave 100% because I live out of western PA. You folks are the only source of informed up to date Steelers dialog and interactions that I can find. Even most websites, blogs, podcasts, and other fan pages are ridiculous in comparison.

So here’s to all of you!
    :drinks:

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Too many people confused Jackattack with attack Jack!

Whenever anything you are doing for fun or information or just to pass the time starts feeling like a job, it's time to scale back and reassess.

Give the family a hug and go to do something fun with them!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I've always enjoyed your input and football knowledge, come back after the draft and join in on the post draft discussion.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Smokestacks23

Smokestacks23 Member

Mar 18, 2024
    Hey we're all brothers through the steelers.in the end we still have to love each other!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Nothing wrong with pulling back this time of the year. I tend to myself. Nothing truly going on besides FA acquisitions and the occasional trade.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    If he is doing something he needs to do for himself, then yes, that's a good thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Rocky Mtn

Rocky Mtn Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2023
    Forums are for debate,heated,unheated and in between. You are entitled to that. Keep on keepin' on with whatever works for you. See you the next time you post ,whenever it may be. Enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    I never seen you say anything disrespectful to anyone.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  17. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    I don’t see a need to apologize. The point of the forum is to say stuff in it as long as it is within the rules of the forum.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Always good to see you post Jack, will see you around no doubt.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    I thought the same thing.

and nothing wrong with Jack.

20. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Subjectively, I would agree; Jack's been a bit passionately repetitive of his view on a topic the past week or so, but nothing offensive. Objectively, I think we all have an internal gauge for how we see our own behavior, and if it teeters too far off of what we expect from ourselves it can cause one to want to pull back and reconnect with the intrinsic values we hold important.

There's something to be said of being able to identify that, and to take some time to reflect and course correct. I enjoy reading Jack's posts, but support him taking whatever time he needs to reconnect with other passions in his life.

• Like Like x 3
  21. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    I have a strict regimen to keep that stuff in check.
    I turn off the computer in the evenings.
    I don't do much with it over weekends.
    Sometimes a break is refreshing.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Hell, he and I disagree quite a bit and I can't think of him being disrespectful.

• Like Like x 2
  23. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    If this board gets to you just visit the Watercooler section. IMO, a lot of good talk and enjoyment there. Turns out this board has members who go very deep into the music world and there is some awesome stuff in a music thread.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    BABY!

Too soon?

I can picture this though, Jack feverishly typing away “not now honey! I knocked Blast out and have Scribe on the ropes!

J/K Jack, you know I like you and as others have said, you have nothing to apologize for, you’re passionate about this stuff like many of us are. Breaks are needed sometimes, I know I have taken breaks from the board as well.

Bad timing though, most exciting off season ever!

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    QB debates always bring out the worst in Steelers fans. :lolol:

It's been going on since the Bradshaw/Gilliam days.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1