1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Since the bye week.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BK99, Jan 9, 2012.

1. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    This team has been struggling but us fans thought is was just playing down to competion as normal but it appears much more that that. I'm actually wondering about how stable some of the players are mentally, and before you grind me into the ground like you did with the Marcus Gilbert thread, let me explain. I watched Mike Wallace look as if he was going to have that 2000 yard season and then all of a sudden he gets the drops and not just a game or 2 but almost the entire second half of the season. Heath Miller went a few games were everything thrown to him was uncatchable but he came out of it after 2 games and then we have the defense, 1 week they get pressure and look like the unit we are used to seeing which they have been pretty good as the offense was horrendous. But the defense has some glaring holes and I'm not going to dump on the DBs as I'v had in the past, it is the DL. no pressure at all, how are mediocre CBs let alone all pro CBs going to cover guys for 7 and 8 seconds, it can't be done and had this team played against a real QB those numbers would have been worse. Offense I really like Redman, with the o-line this team has you need a guy like him to have type of running game and he just plows the first guy over and if there is daylight after it he his it, and Mendenhall has power and that breakaway speed but he trys to juke around a hit rather that deliver the hit himself and with the o-line as bad as it is he doesn't get anywhere as there are defenders in the backfiel after the snap. I made a mistake and you guys called me on it but I was tired of seeing the team that was being put on the field, anyway, I shouldn't have singled out Gilbert as the entire o-line is bad and they are very bad, when there is a 3 man rush with no blitz and the QB doesn't have time to throw, well, there is no fix, they need new players altogether with 2 exceptions. So I think the 2 biggest positions this draft is the o-line and the d-line, yep, the d-line, I may get killed again but Ziggy Hood just isn't starting material, he is just average I'd say and the only way to make a 3-4 really work as a great defense is to have great players on the d-line and I think that is why we don't see any pressure on the QB, and it is a reason the rushing defense wasn't great like we are used to seeing, Beat me up if you will but I really think the o-line and the d-line need a lot of help.

2. SteelerNDC

SteelerNDC Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Try to break up your posts into paragraphs, its hard to read single spaced font like that as one large paragraph.

Good points though. I hope we go OL.

3. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Agree with this completely BK.

4. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I agree, and more specifically had we been playing someone like the Saints or Packers we would have been shredded.