1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Simpleton offensive plan

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by OB1, Jan 16, 2024.

1. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012

They brought their saftey down into the box on early downs and dare us to throw, but we kept running up the middle for 1 or 2 yards. Played way too conservative and predicable and with scared money. All good offensive teams throw on 1 st down more then we do, which is hardly never.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    You are making the mistake of thinking that Mike Tomlin and his coaching staff has any sense of football intelligence. The guy has a vocabulary that includes a very favorite word of OBVIOUSLY and he does not veer from that thought. They were obviously going to run no matter what even with Buffalo stacking the box. I’m certain opposing teams find preparing for the Steelers to be a very easy task. This team is way too predictable under Mike Tomlins leadership. I really wish this organization weren’t so stale and stubborn with their ways.

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    I don’t actually hate him (hate that he is the coach of the Steelers) That being said he can’t get out of here quick enough (which clearly is never happening) guess it’s time we all get used to being a mediocre regular season team with 0 shot at a championship.

4. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

this is it. 8 in the box, 11 in the box - they were going to try to run.

it is Tomlin 101

2005 - Pittsburgh vs. Indy. They EXPECTED us to run JB and FWP up the gut all day. Ben was young, not a great reader of anything yet. What did Cowher and Whiz do? They came out and ATTACKED Indy thru the air, got them on their heels. Our crack staff of dumb coaching has no clue today. no creativity

• Like Like x 1
  5. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012

I remember the 2005 game Pittsburgh vs Indy, mostly how impressed I was with the Steelers coming out throwing which took Indy completely by surprise. Especially since we were such a dominate running team all year long.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Trafalgar

Trafalgar Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2016
    "We're gonna do what we do"

Bills: Yes we know. Thanks for stopping by Mike.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    I actually was worried Allen would wise up after the prior week being careless with the ball. The coaches certainly emphasized to him that point after the prior game. I agree the weather was cold but mason even took the glove off his right hand that he started the game with so it wasn't an issue preventing more deep attempts particularly down the seam. Lastly at key points the O-line blew it, even Broderick Jones gave up a bad sack. Cole as usual o-layed his guy several times into Mason's face. Boomer in the pregame talked about recognizing and adjusting quickly was going to be a factor, we didn't and then add on the usual Steeler mental mistakes.

8. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The overall weather. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

9. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Did you ever play ball in a cold game? Obviously, the weather impacted both teams deep passing games. The game boiled down to the mistakes the Steelers made. It's as simple as that.

Fans know the main factors that contribute to losses. Even when those factors stare fans in the face they come up with "deep passing game" or some other BS.

10. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    All the Steelers can do is give KP a chance to develop. After all, the Steelers invested a 1st round pick into KP. We'll see.