1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Silverback's going to the SB!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Jan 21, 2018.

1. MIke

MIke Member

Jan 17, 2018
    So your content with continuing to never go anywhere in the playoffs? What's regular season success mean if you cant win in the playoffs? He's terrified of the patriots and it affects him even when he's playing someone... I'm so sick of losing every year and I don't get why some folks are willing to accept it just to say we're loyal.

2. MIke

MIke Member

Jan 17, 2018
    He certainly doesn't seem to be doing that with the patriots,, yet you want to believe it from the organization or the teammates who are all mad right now that he signed with the Pats.. Why would he just decide to start doing that and why if thats what he does now is it not happeing with the Patriots? They're selling us a line and meanwhile he and the Patriots are headed to the superbowl.. We lose and all we do is make excuses instead of trying to correct our mistakes.., i don't get it

3. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Did people not watch the game yesterday? James Harrison did his job. Did anyone on the D do theirs vs the jags on the steelers sideline? I do not know what I'm missing, but Harrison played effective when he was in. He pressured the QB, stuffed the run, and solidified a position the pats needed filled.

TJ Watt = good
    Bud Dupree = bum

4. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    I’m no Bud fan...the Sytem statement was sarcasm. But to answer your question, a bit of both.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    James is good enough to make a play here and there, hes not going to dominate games anymore and doesn't. Thats indicated by his snap count.

Its funny how Bell is piled on for his behavior (rightfully so) but JH forces his way off the team and Tomlin is the villain. Had JH been a good teammate, helped the rookies, shown up for meetings, not snore through them, he may have actually gotten some snaps in the Jags game. We'll never know though because he behaved like a jerk.

Tomlin didnt mess up, he was playing his number 1 draft pick that gave the same production JH did a year earlier. Why wouldnt you play the guy who drafted #1 and trying to get him going over the 40 year old at the end of his career?

I love what JH did for the Steelers but hes wrong, 100% wrong. Second time he went to an enemy team too because the Steelers didnt bow down to his wishes. The guys a bit of a prick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    No I know I got the sarcasm ..I was agreeing

7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Lol. You can't be serious?
    Got anything to back up these claims?

8. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Blast.....no one is saying JH is what he used to be. All we are saying is ,it would of been real simple to find him some snaps and yesterday was proof he could of still helped us,even in a limited role. He saved us last year in the playoffs and ever body loved it when he came off the bench again against the Chiefs this year.We know his actions weren't professional but do we know when he started acting the way he did....was it in the last couple weeks when he finally got tired of being lied to and told he was gonna play and then never did.
    They kept Moats playing over him and I don't want to hear about STs because Moats never made a play there either. For someone like Tomlin who is supposed to be some great leader,motivator and communicator his message is sure being lost on the players of this team. Guys are basically doing whatever they want but only some are facing the repercussions....JH helped ne win a game yesterday no matter how big a role or how much you want to admit......and in a sport that can come down to 1 or 2 big plays he could of done the same for us. Just because they are coaches doesn't make them infallible....I mean MT kept Jacoby Jones on the team for weeks longer than he should of been....I'm not so sure he has the best eye for talent and ability...

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Play strawman much?

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Maybe he could have helped us beat the Jags if he was a professional. Why doesn't that bother you? He was trying to get released, asked for it several times and started resorting to being disruptive. Why don't you hold him accountable? You should be pissed at him for not being here when he was needed.

Moats was filling in for Shazier along with Spence. Would have needed to pull Chick to get JH playing time who had 3 sacks this year. JH had 5 last year so how much effect would he have had? You guys are acting like they were keeping JH in his prime off the field.

He may have helped in the Jags game but we'll never know because he made sure he wasn't here to help.

11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Harrison started last season in the AFCCG for the Steelers and did nothing, so to think he was going to put the Steelers over the top this season is foolish.

12. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    And yet Hoodie and the Pats have no problem with him and he is producing for them. Gee whiz, I wonder why that is?

13. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Two playoff games with the Pats, 2 productive games when it mattered most.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Production when it counts, yep we couldn't use him. Poor bastard was never given a chance.
    Shame on you Steelers. There is a rat that ain't talking who lied to James said he would get
    playing time. He is still better at forty than almost all of our LB's

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. MIke

MIke Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Sure, he's playing good for the Patriots and the team seems to like him. What do you have to back up the Steeler claims? 8 days ago we suffered one of the most embarrassing losses I can remember as a fan and it amazes me that instead of admitting that we may have a problem, we wanna rip apart a guy that wanted to play, was told he couldn't play and just went to a team and proved he could play, helping them go to another superbowl while we're talking about what a nice season we had. Until fans start demanding more of our team, nothing is going to change. Yes, I wish they had treated Harrison with more respect by simply letting the man play... he earned it

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Are the Steelers and patriots schemes exactly the same? Are the patriots asking him to do the same things we ask of watt and Dupree?

17. MIke

MIke Member

Jan 17, 2018
    what did i say that disagree with?

18. MIke

MIke Member

Jan 17, 2018
    We just gave up 45 points at home in a playoff game ! whatever we're asking our guys to do is either wrong or none of them are listening. Yes, I think maybe, just maybe scoring 42 points would have been enough for us if Harrison was playing..

19. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Nobody is acting like JH was in his prime but you keep harping on it like we are. What we are saying is he could of helped considering we got nothing from anyone else. Nobody is saying he acted 100% right but none of us were there either,so we don't know what was said ,done or promised for sure. The man is a competitor who wanted to compete and puts his body through hell just to get a chance. We aren't privy to the conversations that were had. Again put yourself in his shoes he wanted nothing more than to play and we don't know if he was being given honest answers because all we heard was lip service from Tomlin and Porter. If they weren't gonna play him they should of released him sooner and we probably wouldn't be having this conversation. Please don't give me the Moats was filling in for Shazier he got about 2 snaps,before they realized he sucks at both LB positions.

Ask yourself this and be honest.....if JH did exactly what he did for us like he did for them yesterday to help us win that game we are all singing his praises today....

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Man.....people keep bringing up the fact that we now ask our OLBs to drop into coverage....I get it,I get it but it's not every play and probably percentage wise not half the time either. Great they can drop into coverage......but when we need them to set the edge or rush the passer neither of them are as good as JH even at his age. Yay! Dupree can drop into coverage...I must of missed all those INTs he had. When it comes to stopping the run......road kill.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
  22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I'd be more favorable towards James if he put the team above his personal feelings. Tomlin can play whomever he thinks helps most.

Our opinions are shaped by our beliefs. I believe the negative reports about JH.

Really nothing left to talk about, we're just going in circles.

23. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Silly me.

24. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    No one knows the truth except those involved. Tomlin can play whoever he "thinks" will help is true....but he could also be wrong but he's probably getting used to that...

25. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Yea but if you ball, you get the call (per Prime) on NFL channel and the got he call so he must of balled. Sorry Blast your wrong again. :lolol:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018