1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Silverback's going to the SB!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Jan 21, 2018.

1. H-Bomb

H-Bomb Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    I'm happy they played Watt. Can't let these kids sit anymore, they need to play if they show potential in training camp/pre-season. I'm disappointed in Harrison's behavior. Thought he would be teaching up our young guys but I guess not. I don't remember, who's job did he eventually take and did that player behave like this? And to top it off by going to the Patriots, after trashing them on several occasions, just a sad day for me. I'm torn, take his figure of my wall and put with the regular sports stuff or leave it. I look at it and just ask, why JH, why?

2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Once again, I do.

• Like Like x 1
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Good for you, go cry some more in your beer :shrug:.

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

[​IMG]

Well said indeed!

To add to this only statement of your post, had James Harrison played all season, what would have the point of drafting T.J. Watt?

The same scenario that played out when LeBeau was notorious for not allowing younger players to play would have resurfaced yet again; more questions for Tomlin to answer as a result.

5. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Again, let me clear that I don't necessarily disagree with the decision to release him. His unprofessionalism and failure to mentor the young guys was a huge disappointment to me.

But I think you may be deluding yourself to try and feel a little better about the situation, Blast. I haven't looked at the stat lines, but the last few games of the season and into the playoffs while it appeared that Harrison was putting pressure on the quarterback and at least showing up, our OLBs basically disappeared. That's okay, I'm not trying to suggest that the Silverback of old is back, but the fact that he was at least around the football and getting pressure on the quarterback when Bud Dupree and TJ Watt were struggling has led to the weeping and gnashing of teeth we're seeing on the message board. Who knows, one strip sack on Bortles last week could have been the difference in the game. Our guys didn't get it done. :shrug:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

Wow, that's intelligent. Way to argue your point.:rolleyes:

7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Fans acting like some 39 year old was going to lead the team to the SB :facepalm:.

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I mostly agree that Harrison didn't do much, but he did more than our Defensive Captain. Kind of silly to downplay Harrison's stats when they are better than some of our guys.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    ...................but he did.:shrug:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Wow, you really got a hard on for Heyward huh? 2nd time Ive seen you target him.

11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Deluding myself??? Lol wow. Yes, 6 tackles in 2 playoff games is phenomenal, you guys are right, what a stud :facepalm:

12. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Let it out, Blast. You'll feel better. It's okay for a man to cry. :lolol:

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    All I see crying are a bunch of fans for a 40 year old washed up player pretending hes JH in his prime.

14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    hayward has 35 sacks in the last 5 years and harrison has 10.5. :cool:

15. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Nah, you're exaggerating just a little bit. I'm certainly not saying that he's JH in his prime, but how many of our defenders made A PLAY last week against the Jags? How many plays or pressures did you see JH make today? Again, my point is that our guys failed miserably last week opening the door for exactly what we're seeing on the message board tonight.

Need a hanky? ;)

16. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

Actually you are ignoring the fact that he had 2 really big key plays in his very limited opportunities.

17. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    I guess JH is gonna get the last laugh when he is receiving his SB ring. I won't be happy about it but if it makes Tomlin look bad I'm all for it.

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :rolleyes:

Oh you mean Van Noys sack you guys are crediting him for? I cant tell who caused the fumble so I wont comment on that until I see a good replay.

Limited opportunities, interesting, I saw someone else say he was in their backfield all night.

19. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Hope he breaks Foles in half

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Whether James had a strip sack or not, a sack, made the QB move up from pressure....it doesn't matter. He did something.

What did Dupree do last game?

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    Most of us are so pissed because so many of us already knew how this would play out as soon as he was cut, except Steelers management of course. He may not have been useful for us anymore with our scheme (debatable), but he would be useful for the #1 seed in the AFC, who was in need of LB depth and a pure pass rushing OLB. He was obviously useful enough for the Patriots to have Belichick activate and play him in the playoffs. Harrison and the Patriots going to the Super Bowl is hardly surprising, the only thing surprising was us completely ****ting the bed in the divisional round. I just don't see the risk/reward benefit in cutting him and making a conference rival stronger right before the playoffs. It's not like the team improved any once the supposed locker-room cancer left. Everybody saw how they played against Jacksonville.

• Like Like x 1
  22. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Knife in the back going to the Super Bowl? Cool for him. Patriots doing charity work.

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Technically? The same exact thing, nothing. At least until I see who was responsible for the fumble.

Im already pissed off enough that NE won and going to another SB and on the verge of tying the Steelers in SB (which you remarkably dont care about) and then to see people actually pretending that JH had some kind of pivotal roll in causing NE to win, its just beyond infuriating. :frustrated:

24. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    No way. You know it's not that simple. He f---d up the Harrison situation, made him the angry #92. Fact is without team, player leaders Tomlin is kind of lost.

25. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

ST-ILL-ERS FAN Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    "If you can't beat em join em" is how I thought the old saying goes. Looks like he made the right decision to me.