1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Silverback's going to the SB!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Jan 21, 2018.

1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Doesn’t matter what he or anyone else likes. Harrison acts like a petulant little child and your solution is to play him? Absolute brilliance! Just send all the coaches to the locker room and let the players do whatever they want.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. fer69

fer69 Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2016
    I think some people weren't watching the same game we were watching :shrug:

3. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Perhaps it wouldn't have got to that point, if he saw the field. Anyhow, Tomlin played the petulant child Bell, so the precedent has already been set.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    A lot of coaches have back up players on their rosters. Are those coaches jackasses too? Harrison is a back up player at this point of his career. He was brought back as insurance. The Steelers didn't need or want him as a starter. It wouldn't had been a good sign if Harrion was a FT starter. Then people would be claiming something else in regard to the organization. They preferred to play younger, faster, and more athletic players.

I really don't understand why fans want to make a big deal about this. I guess just another reason to trash the coaches and organization.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. DSteelerCT

Nov 15, 2011
    We're making a big deal, as we're seeing Harrison in the backfield making plays, and maybe the Steelers would have been in the AFCCG if he was on the field.

6. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    If it weren't for Ben, we would have been blown out of the water last week. The turnovers sucked, but the team looked like pure trash. Fournette was banged up and not himself in the second half, and we still couldn't stop them. Not being able to control your players is a direct reflection on the coach.. They were barking all week leading up to the game and couldn't back up any of it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Personal? Thats rich coming from a group of fans clinging to any reason to bash Tomlin. You all sound like jilted lovers with this stuff.

Van Noy got the sack and until I see a better replay, Im not even crediting the fumble to JH either. His 3 tackles were a whopping contribution to NE's win.

Tell me this, where do you think JH was going to play if he was still here? Going to play him on Buds side? The side he doesn't play, yeah thats brilliant or pull Watt off the field for him? By the way, Bud had 1 more sack then JH did his last full season here.

He did not change the outcome of this game, anyone that thinks that is delusional. He made an assist on a sack, yippee for the 40 year old malcontent. He was such a non factor I didnt even realize he was on the field until that play.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    We couldn't of found 15 snaps a game to keep Harrison happy through out the season and avoided this continuing drama.

I mentioned it before but the strip sack by Watt against the Ratbirds was helped by 92 being double if not triple teamed allowing Watt one on one with the tackle who he beat with a strong move great hand fighting and a tenacious pursuit to the QB. Dupree does not show any of these skills it also points out that Watt can play either side.

We could have gotten 92 his snaps by rotating Watt to Dupree's side. Were they so fixated on not taking Watt out for Harrison that they didn't think to flip Watt to the other side until the season was 3/4 gone and Harrison was already pissed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    SMH, Are you serious? hahahah LMAO you are funny. Yeah James Harrison would had been the difference vs the Jags. Sometimes I can't believe some of the things people attempt to convince others of around here. SMH again.

10. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't care what Harrison thought. If he was a problem suspend him from the team, but don't put him out there free to help your competition. That is a rookie front office mistake.

11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Wrong.

James Harrison made the big plays when Belichick needed him to!! :lolol:

12. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Say what u want I saw Harrison pushing the line more than any of our linebackers vs jags

13. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I didn't necessarily disagree with Tomlin when Harrison was released, especially when I found out how unprofessional he acted throughout the course of the season. I guess I can understand Harrison's disappointment in not playing, but professionals act as they must and not as they feel. But looking back on the situation, Tomlin probably deferred much of the decision with regard to how to use (or not use) Harrison to his best pal and OLB coach extraordinaire, Joey Porter. Porter is still actually on the coaching staff, by the way. :facepalm:

The consternation over the decision to release Harrison has been amplified by the fact that he is playing well, sacking the quarterback, making plays and NOT ONE FREAKING DEFENSIVE PLAYER FOR THE STEELERS MADE ONE IMPACTFUL PLAY IN THE JAGS GAME. NOT ONE!!!:frustrated:

#FJPI #FCLI

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    This isn't why Tomlin sucks though.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Geez, reading this tread, I'm wondering how many votes Harrison will get for NFL DPOY.

Ok, he made a play or two today. No more/no less. Good for him, It helped but didn't decide the game.

If Harrison wore out his welcome here, he must have reaalllly worked hard at it. Tomlin is his buddy, so is LB Coach/Moron Joey Porter.

16. Danthesteelersman

Danthesteelersman Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2018
    His inability to recognize situational awareness and instill it into his staff and players is what keeps him and the team from getting over the hump

• Like Like x 1
  17. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    I’m just tired of Brady and ALL the BS calls and breaks. I mean it’s hard enough to make it to 1 SB let alone 8. Something’s just not right there or he really is Superman.

They can’t be that much better than everyone every year without help. I don’t give a **** what the Patriots fans say. They know it but will never admit it.

Kinda hard to beat a team that has the refs on their side and their really good too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Exactly. And it will never change with him employed as HC.

19. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Which was a play or two more than our collective defense made against the Jags last week. :icon mad:

#FJPI #FCLI

20. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    It doesn't help.

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Except for the laughable Jets, he's really not.

Jets 3 tackles 2 assists 2 sacks
    Titans 3 tackles
    Jags 3 tackles. Van Noy got the sack, cant tell who caused the fumble and havent seen who its been credited to yet.

22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I'm glad they got rid of Harrison after the way he acted, but his stats are better than Heyward's were in the playoffs?

23. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    New England was going to win the game even without Harrison, who freaking cares what he does with the Pats. When he got in the game with the Steelers this season he had a whopping 1 sack.

24. DSteelerCT

Nov 15, 2011
    He was in the backfield a lot today...Van Noy and Flowers both got sacks, where JH was about to get. He also forced Blake out of the pocket the last incompletion.

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    And?