1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Silverback Not To Be Fined

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Nov 10, 2011.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Even though ESPN reported that the NFL was likely to fine him, he (miraculously) wasn't fined. Here's a brief interview from today with Ed Bouchette.
    http://burgh.us/9rh

2. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Goodell must have been preparing his defense for the Clark fine and forgot about92

3. SteelerD

SteelerD Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    This could be a big deal with the repeat offenders situation. Aren't there provisions for repeat offenders to be suspended or the team punished. These types of thing could really become an issue for the league. As far as I can tell, they haven't handed out many fines that weren't appealed or at least able to be questioned. If a key player gets suspended late in the season for multiple infractions (some of which will surely be questionable) and the team loses a playoff game as a result, the fans and owners of said team will go ballistic. Why should the outcome of an important game be affected by a play in week 2 that may not have been clearly a fine worthy offense. I don't like anything about the fines system, but this seems like a very slippery slope.

Keep it up James. After last weeks performance, I think we will need you in the playoffs.

4. IggySteel

IggySteel Active Member

Oct 24, 2011
    "if anyone has a shot at me and I don't see you coming, and you get a fine, if you hit me high rather than hit me low, hit me high and I will pay your fine."

Gotta love Harrison.

5. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    EXACTLY!! I just hope clark don't revise his statements like silverback did.