1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Sign Him

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BuckeyeBucco, Aug 29, 2018.

1. BuckeyeBucco

BuckeyeBucco Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    You do realize he faces federal charges and may go to prison don't you?

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  3. BuckeyeBucco

Dec 18, 2016
    He may not go to trial during the season. Sign him to a one-year deal conditional on his availability without guaranteeing money for games not played. He has been through training camp, so he should be in game shape. He may just need a little time to get acclimated to the defense. He is way more talented than some of our linebackers, so I see no downside as long as the team protects itself in the contract language.

4. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    I hope you're not a stock broker :p

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yea bob it’s not as easy as hey this guy can play so get him lol

6. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
  7. BuckeyeBucco

Dec 18, 2016
    If he is suspended for four games during the regular season, that wouldn't even bother me much. What bothers me more is rolling into the playoffs relying on scrubs like Dirty Red or signing a washed up guy like Spence off the street because the team didn't try to address it's poor linebacker depth adequately enough. This guy is a good player. Signing him cheaply is worth the risk, IMO, especially if the contract is almost entirely based on incentives.

8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Hell probably gets some game work in there for TheMeanMachine so he will stay in football shape.:smiley1::cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
  10. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I still say bad idea. There's more to a defense then simply getting good players. They have to be able to work together as a unit. Where's this guy's head at now that he's facing criminal charges?

I think it's a moot point at this junction anyways as players like Navarro Bowman are still available as free agents that don't come with the additional drama and baggage. Apparently the Steelers feel good about what we have currently at inside linebacker or else they would have made a move already.

11. BuckeyeBucco

Dec 18, 2016
    You're probably right there, especially given that a guy like Bowman is still on the market. I just wish I felt good about what the Steelers have at inside linebacker. :)

12. Danthesteelersman

Danthesteelersman Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2018
    I'd rather them sign a guy that's head isn't going to be elsewhere, Navarro Bowman comes to mind.