1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Sign Cam Newton , release Haskins!!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Aug 31, 2021.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I would like to think your out of your mind with that post but then I remember all the players Billi**** has grasped from the dark recesses of the NFL and made them produce.

What will drive me crazy is if the Pats come out the gates on fire you know how we will hear the praises for Billi****'s genius constantly among the talking heads.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I'm rooting for the guy's who said, "not fast enough, not a strong arm". I can't stand it if Billi**** and the Patriots are the talk of the town again.

• Like Like x 1
  3. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    With Brady back as his QB after a 20 year tour of the NFC.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    :hmm:

I do realize that New England just may go to the Playoffs again. However, one thing still does puzzle me a bit when reading the comments. While it is likely that New England goes, keep in mind there are now seven seeds as opposed to six. This means that a possible third team from the same division is likely to get in.

While I do believe that losing JK Dobbins will be difficult to replace, I still believe that, top to bottom, Baltimore's Roster bests New England's. Same goes for Cleveland...... with Baker Mayfield being the Wild card here. If he can take a major step forward, expect three teams from the AFC North to head to the post season. If not, New England likely gets that final season though I do recommend some caution in overlooking the Chargers.

I get that said team and the injury gods are constantly at odds but that roster is flying a bit under the radar. I would also include the likes of Denver however while Teddy B is a good QB, he is not good enough to lead the Broncos to the Playoffs. AFC South I am not even paying the slightest of attention to; Titans included.

In short?! Nothing is set in stone. I would say the AFC Playoff seeding is going to have some serious surprises in store! :herewego:

5. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Unfortunately Belicheck and the Patsies are like roaches, just keep coming out of the woodwork when you think you finally got rid of them. When Jones fell into their laps i just had a pit in my stomach because I just feel he will be the QB that flourishes for them. Just always how it works for that freaking team.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I don't think the AFCN will send 3 teams again. Pats a lock imo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

We shall see.

Bill Belichick is one hell of a coach but John Harbaugh is not some pushover. For that matter, Baltimore's Roster is more equipped to handle a playoff run than New Englands.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Tampa Bay would be a great landing spot for Cam Newton.

9. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Actually the future move would be to cut Mason as Cam,Haskins and Dobbs all 3 fit what Matt ran in College and a lot of the play designs he was calling in camp..Lord forbid Ben go down this season ,but odds are he will Mason can not carry this Team so use the other 3 and let the OC bring his stuff, if none of the 3 look good enough to be a stop gap starter in his system or his system looks whack then start making future plans accordingly ..

10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Put a fork in him, body beat up and broke down.

11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Cam isn't the runner he used to be, Dobbs is injured.

12. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Is why I say stop gap hopefully Dobbs will be healthy in a few weeks maybe 8 or 10 weeks of rest could help Cam get closer to what he used to be ? The point is if Ben goes down early then this season will be a wash anyway .. We should shelf Harris as well if Ben goes down ..No need to beat him up with no hopes of the post season...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. bradshaw12

bradshaw12 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    I dislike newton so much, if the Steelers were to sign him, I would not watch if he was on the field. As for the Patriots, I am a fan now. If the Steelers can't win the Super Bowl, they would be my next choice.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hahaha. Cam had one magic season. He was average, or below average the rest. Guess nobody watched his preseason. Thats why they let him go.
    I have never seen people so fond of a Qb that has 3 winning seasons in what 10 season. M

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. bradshaw12

bradshaw12 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Thank you. They went to the Super Bowl with an outstanding defense and newton having everything go right. I have always thought he was one of the most overrated players in the league. Not to mention the goofy outfits, hats and hair. Just an attention whore.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Ya...Uh, Dresses and acts like a girl...I don't like that

• Like Like x 1
  17. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Sign Cam and release Mason...lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    There’s enough in this short post that I disagree with that I wish I could hit the disagree button more than once. 1. HELL NO to Cam. 2. Dobbs seems like a great guy, but there’s enough evidence to conclude that he’s not going to develop into a quality NFL QB. 3. Quitting on the season early and sitting people if Ben gets injured.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Actually there is very little evidence.

Pretty much the only evidence there is of that, is that he hasn’t been given a chance. I don’t think the coaches on the Steelers and Jaguars are just missing on some great talent but he really hasn’t been given an opportunity.

Would have loved to have seen him get the body of work Rudolph has gotten.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    RB'S are known to hit a wall after X amount of carries for the most part..So my question to you would be why beat down your stock if there is no chance of profit? And as far as Cam goes he can play he is clearly better even as Clark Kent than our never have been and never will be Supermen.....

So it's not really a quit on the season thing to me it's more about how to build the future and a potential approach to do so...The one I posted is just one of many possibles, but keeping my stud RB at lower work would for sure by very high on my list..

21. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    What type of weapons has he had? Do you think Mason,Dobbs, or Haskins is better than him at this point and time? If so who and why? Strategy is huge in Sports in general and even more so in Football IMO, so the future plan should always be how to best create that window of opportunity....If a season occurred that Ben needed to miss 10 games and could be ready come playoff time who do you want at QB at the helm??I know who I don't want with this OL and this Defense and this OC...To me all things are relative and must be looked at as a whole and alll the changing parts included..

22. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    The playing time needs to be earned in practice. For the most part fans don’t get to see practices, but there’s clearly little enough to his pro potential that we traded him away once after providing him with the opportunity to be 2nd string, and the team that acquired him then bailed on him. With the opportunity that he has been given this preseason, he looked pretty unserviceable. He HAD the opportunity to be the 2nd string QB back in 2018 and it didn’t go well at all. In my view - and this is just my interpretation of why he’s back here - he was brought back to be a presence in the QB room and on the sidelines for other QBs. It’s clear that Ben listens to him in the sidelines. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised to see Dobbs become a coaching intern in the near future, probably as soon as next season. If he wants to stay connected to the NFL instead of designing airplanes, his likely path is the sidelines or booth, not on the field.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Cam IS a RB who has hit the wall. Without the running talent that he had earlier in his career, he’s nothing but a backup caliber NFL QB with a HOF ego. That’s not something that a team needs to take on. To be clear, with respect to Harris, you said to “shelf” him, not just lower his workload. I would agree with reducing his workload if the season gets out of hand, but I would not “shelf” him and stunt his growth.

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well like I said about as many a time as I can count. Funny How not great Qbs always have trouble finding Weapons ...L. Jackson, Cam, Sam Darnold, and way more....while Good 2 Great Qbs always have Weapons no Matter what round they are picked in...Ben, Rodgers, Wilson, and Mahomes.
    Is it magic??? LoL.
    I watched a Wr come here and catch about 12 Tds in 2 years...next year went 2 Cam Newton...4 Tds in 2 years. Why was he a weapon here , but not with Cam????
    Dude I could do this all day.

25. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

How can the AFCN send 3 teams to the playoffs? I mean all I read here is how other than Ben, the other 3 QBs suck?