1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Sick!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Sixpack, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Sixpack

Sixpack Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I laugh at all the prediction from steelers fans that we will blow anybody out! If u know anything a bout football or the steelers....we don't blow anybody out. We just get by....and I for one I'm tired of getting by or a win is a win.........bring back STEELERS football!

2. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Agree. I hate the nailbiters. I want to see us blow out a team for a change? Why does it always have to be close?

3. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    4 takeaways for us and the chefs can only muster up 3 FGs and yet the chefs still had an opportunity for a game winning drive at the end. This crap makes me ill. Our offense is the model of underachievement. BA, BR, the OL, and the WRs dropping balls all need to wake up and smell the freaking coffee. This isn't amateur hour boys. Step the *F* up.

4. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Because apparently the steeler coaching staff likes close games for their TV rating value. Must get paid a percentage of the take. That's the only reason I can think of. :bs:

5. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    You might be onto something here. Maybe MT & his boy BA laid down a bag of cash in Vegas taking the points and the chefs.

6. 43FOLyfe!

43FOLyfe! Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    I was talking to my family about this tonight. Remarking, "Wouldn't it be nice to sit back and watch the Steelers pounds someone like 43-7? Then everyone is happy, game is on and enjoyable....BUT NO! Week in and week out we have to fight lights out against every team on our schedule, so it seems.

I do have a theory that Big Ben's thumb might be worse off then we were lead to believe. He was WAY off tonight. Almost like he was afraid to throw the ball or it hurt him to throw the ball. We'll see how things play out this week.

7. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Nope, I think they own stock in anti-anxiety medications. They know Steelers fans need it with the way they play.

8. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    This crap makes everybody ill!!! It makes no sense. The BA, BR train is just a lot of BS. The offense sucks. KC has been whipped to death, 48-3 by the Lions, 31-3 by the Dolphins, 34-3 by the Patriots. So whats p with the Steelers?

Yes our offense is a model by BA of underachievement. Our suppose to be great WR's. Wallace caught one pass. Brown is the only one who is doing anything. The running game is non invoid. Mendenhall is not the one. How long do we have to endure this mess. They refuse to use Redman when they are suppose to. They rather use Moore at the goal line. How stupid are they.

What can be done? Nothing!! We just have to suffer. Thats why I don't make predictions on the score. Next week against the Bengals and against San Fransisco, I predict losses if they play like they did against the Chiefs.

9. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    we will not lose to the bengals or the 49ers....cmon man

10. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If we play like that, we will..... :evil:

11. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't need to see blowouts but I would like to see a comfortable win. Even when we statistically dominate an opponent, it seems like they are never out of the game.

12. steelgirl ny 47

steelgirl ny 47 Active Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Well,I really don't know how much more stress i can take. I no longer have fingernails and i'm pretty sure this season has turned me into a raging lunatic, not to mention the massive hangover i now have to deal with . Thanks BA ! For the love of God give me a blow out this week!

13. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I think Arians and Joe Bauserman went to the same school of "offensive" coordinators. For those that don't know, Bauserman is Ohio State's brilliant offensive mind or should I say "former offensive coordinator"

14. Cbus Steelers

Cbus Steelers Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    This is how we always do it, it's nothing new. The Super Bowl years in 05 and 08 were no different. A few dominating games and mostly nailbiters. In those years, the experience of going through the close games in the regular season helped us win some close ones in the playoffs.

The Seattle, Tennessee and for the most part Arizona were games that we had a firm grip on the whole way and didn't come down to the end. The NE game we dominated just couldn't quite put them away with all the FG's. So I'd say 4 of our 8 wins we have dominated the opposition. That's not horrible. Things aren't going to change...we'll have close games...as long as we win them that's all that matters.

15. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I do have a theory that Big Ben's thumb might be worse off then we were lead to believe. He was WAY off tonight. Almost like he was afraid to throw the ball or it hurt him to throw the ball. We'll see how things play out this week.[/quote]

I didn't think he was bad, Wallace missed a TD in the endzone, he missed a ball that would have been a TD and both of those throws were good, Heath had one go through his hand and I'll admit that throw was a little high it was more than catchable. The other problem with the WRs is that KC was playing man coverage and they couldn't get free, and it would have been a lot better if we had a run game. I know everyone is blaming BA but the fact is the o-line can't run block to save their lives, toobig and slow, can't pull and they get pushed back consistantly, they are bad and without blocking you can't run and that is the problem.

16. 43FOLyfe!

43FOLyfe! Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    I tend to agree with you. I think we play up or down to our opponents (unfortunately for us fans). We will probably cream he 9'ers and Bengals, then struggle with the Browns (X2) and Rams.

We can win out....That I am sure of!

17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Week 2
    24 - 0 over Seattle

Week 5
    38 - 17 over Titans

They do blow teams out, just not as often as they should. Yesterday should have been one and had the offense even matched the pathetic first half output it would have been a pretty easy win. Wallace dropped TD pass didn't help either.

18. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Here is a valid reason why the game was soooooo close last night....

Might it be possible that the Steeler's are not that good? Shudder at the thought, but they are NOT that good, period. If they make the playoffs, and that is still iffy, they will be a first round bust. They simply are not that good. The offensive line is indeed offensive. The defense, despite holding that high school team to nine points is indeed old and slow. Let's see, how many sacks on Palko?

True to form, 4 turnovers and the game still came down to a nail biter at the end. Did I mention holding? How many holding calls can one team earn? Coach needs to use this film to show other teams the art of holding. Then again, when you stink and are hiding behind sub 500 teams for an entire season, it's not difficult to cringe when the curtain is opened and the wizard is revealed for who is truely is, a fraud.

rutan

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I have NFL Ticket, I was jumping around from game to game and know what I saw? The same type of play we saw from the Steelers last night. There is no team in the AFC that is head and shoulders above anyone else. Steelers have as good as chance as anyone. In fact, the only dominant team in the NFL is GB.

20. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I have sunday ticket too and generally agree with you except...................the Patriots looked dominant . :( I threw up in my mouth a little at that.

:herewego!:

21. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I agree. What the Chiefs did was a bit like what we did against the Ravens, but the refs were calling us. (That's not a dig on the refs - it was a case of us getting outmuscled when we shouldn't be).

I'm haven't previously been one to bang on about the lack of run game, but this really did kill us Sunday night.

22. lostyank

lostyank Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
    :amen: But I'm down to only 1 1/2 fingernails. I'm thinking class-action lawsuit against the Steelers. Think it'll fly? :lol:

23. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If Steelers get hot come playoff time then there is no reason they couldn't make it to the Superbowl. But they haven't answered a lot of questions yet. The defense still gets run on pretty easily and their offense is not playing up to it's potential.

So far, until they answer some questions, this reminds me of the team/season when the Jags knocked us out of the playoffs at home.

24. lostyank

lostyank Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
    :this!:

25. Yogi4

Yogi4 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I can't say this enough, they want to go long way too much. There is a time and place for the long ball but the reason why we beat the Cheatriots was because we played mostly small ball and changed up our defense.