1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Showed they can compete.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by troybellringer55, Dec 17, 2017.

1. InBenWeTrust

InBenWeTrust Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2016
    You have to take the good with the bad. That’s Bens first pick in forever inside the red zone and it was a rushed abnormal play. If it’s incomplete nobodies talking about it.

2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    They were boneheaded decisions by a player that's been in the league long enough to know better. He is the offensive leader on the field and has to know the situation. We had 28 seconds and a stopped clock. Ben's actions were inexcusable.Throw the ball away on the first and we have 40 seconds to organize and Take a real shot at the end zone. An almost identical situation on the next play. Throw the ball away, kick the field goal, and try to win in OT. It makes no difference when the last redzone interception occurred.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. InBenWeTrust

Jan 11, 2016
    Hindsight is 20/20. Of course he should have done that, But I’ll live and die with him throwing the ball and take all the wins that come with it, which should’ve included this game.

4. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

It’s not hindsight. He knew the situation and choked.

5. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Get a grip, the defensive penalty that wasn't called allowed the int to happen. That's not choking.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    What is your defense for the pass to dhb? Throw the ball away. It’s that simple. If nothing else we have a chance, but Ben choked twice and cost us an opportunity. Can’t believe anyone is trying to defend that decision. Oooh let’s run a play where our #4/5 wr is the only player running a route. Surrounded by 4 players it will fit.

7. InBenWeTrust

Jan 11, 2016
    You must have been livid last year when Ben won us the afc north, while everyone else is celebrating.

• Like Like x 1
  8. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Typical. No defense so you try and deflect.

9. InBenWeTrust

Jan 11, 2016
    Deflect? You didn’t ask me a question.

10. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    It was a crap call by the refs. Time to move on. Steelers need wins vs. Texans and Browns. No time for an egg lay. Jacksonville is waiting for the Steelers to blink.

11. steelamazing

steelamazing Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2015
    the title of this thread is kind of odd, what value is their in showing they can compete ? 11-2 going for hfa, showing they can compete is not the prize

12. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Apparently you missed the butt beatings the Patriots usually lay on us. This wasn't one of them.

I like what Ben said, there are no moral victories, if you lose you lose.

But, those 53 guys know they can beat New England. Because they were right on the door step of doing it.

13. steelamazing

steelamazing Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2015
    i understand and i am sick of losing to them, however the 79 oilers said we will get em next time and they never did. we have the talent to beat em, but we simply never do,

14. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017

TheRe is still a good chance pats will drop 1 of the next two..

15. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I try to tell myself these things and that we still have a chance, but deep down inside I know we just went from the easier road to the Super Bowl to the most difficult road and the year is yet again likely to end in disappointment....all because of a technicality in a rule. This was likely our Super Bowl and for just one minute we had the joy of winning.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2016
    I'll say it shows they can compete. I didn't think it would be such a close game. We made a few mistakes but the Pats are good at punishing a team for mistakes. If we make it to the AFC game, I'm not so confident playing in New England if it all goes that way. The Jaguars are a worry to me too. Having said all this, the Steeler defense finally played man coverage. Bellicheat will not show the same the next time and have more weapons on his team next time. I thought the o-line played well but not well enough. Ben to me was getting hassled too much for what I thought our strength was for our o-line against their d-line. I wish our defensive line would have gotten into Bradys face more. They should have given the personal. One interception in 12 years, this is horrible. One dropped or through the hands last night could have proved the game winner. Our Steelers need to now make our last two games count sadly enough.
    Maybe James TD was called correctly but I've seen less be called as a TD. Had that been the Patriots, they would have called it a touchdown. Kraft puts out his saucer of milk and the NFL, Goodell, refs and media licks it up.

17. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    The only real chance is a very hungry Bills team taking it to them next week. If they don't, no chance the Jets beat the Pats in the final week.

The real question is- can we rebound from this heartbreak to keep our heads and beat two teams that we should/need to?

18. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2016
    I'm hoping Buffalo can smack them into a loss. There is a chink in the New England armor and I hope teams keep cracking at it.

19. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I wasn't defending the DHB pass. Even with that play we still the ability to run 2 more. Ben was trash the beginning of the year but he's the least of our problems now.

20. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Please let's not take these last to games to lightly. We have all seen that we do fall to lesser talented teams. One game at a time and move on to the next.

• Agree Agree x 1