1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Should we go shopping at Dolphins outlet sale?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by WWW, Sep 13, 2019.

1. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Watch him fire Flores at the end of the season too to make it even worse.

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Do you think we can tell them Vince is a corner to sweeten the deal. We have tape.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I came across an article saying Minkah doesnt like how the Dolphins forced him to learn 6 different positions on the defense.

If he came to the Steelers I'm sure Tomlin would make him do the same thing. He would probably hate playing for the Steelers.

I was watching a recent video where Cris Carter says Steelers lack an identity. We can't let players excel at 1 position on both sides of the ball. We dropped the old 3-4 yet Tomlin hasn't molded the defense into a 4-3? We used to run the ball, yet we still carry a FB on the team, what are we doing?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Would take OJ in a second. I feel bad for him if thats what BA is going to do. He was just starting to hit his stride.

5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Maybe future owners of Dolphins? LOL

6. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't think you have been screaming as long as I have.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I would Say Mr. Ross better cut bait quickly and sell team while he can, I can't remember the WR name who called him out
    for fundraiser I think he got traded with to Houston with (Tunstill sp). It don't matter to these super rich people
    they still go on disrespecting people and say F you.

8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Maybe Bruce has to have him block until he can find a QB that doesn't turn the ball over.

9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Maybe I’m crazy, but I think trading our 2020 first rounder to the Dolphins makes great sense. Actually I think it’s a no brainer. Why? It’s likely (IMO) that free safety will be an early round target for us next year anyway. Instead of getting a green rookie in 2020, who is no sure thing to succeed in the NFL, we get a high caliber talent right now who had a very solid rookie season. He’s under contract for 3 more seasons at an average salary of < $2 million/year, plus an option year in 2022.

Our drafting of DBs in recent years has been mediocre (to be kind). This guy has already proven that he’s at worst a solid NFL starter, and probably more. If we’re going to draft poorly at the DB positions, we have to find players for those positions via free agency or trade. Making a deal just makes sense.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

:th thgoodpost:

For that matter, it might just take a first rounder to do it. Minkah's market right now is red hot. A number of teams already inquiring.

Dallas is also showcasing interest at this time. Taco Charlton has not been what they had hoped. In addition to Taco, Dallas could also offer a first. Jerry is on the clock the same to win a Championship much like Colbert.

Jerry already has sprluged on Amari Cooper. This is not even accounting for the fact that they also do not have any defensive back help at all either. Jerry is likely gearing up for another "encore presentation" considering he could not get Earl Thomas this free agency.

Your move Kevin Colbert.

11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Yep. My guess is there’s no chance that we actually do a deal. I think conservative Colbert & co. will overvalue the 1st round pick. Never mind that Fitzpatrick is more likely than not to contribute more to the team during Ben’s shrinking window than whoever we would draft in 2020.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    In Thursday nights game he motioned into the backfield and was the lead blocker on a beautiful TD run. Same type of play BA had David Johnson run time and time again only Howard is better at it .

13. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I know. That is my current issue though. Whomever Pittsburgh believes can be that true Single High Free Safety in 2020 will intrigue me for certain. If not, do they actually resign Sean Davis?!

Time will tell.

14. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Just wot like I said lol.

To be fair, the challenge is this: offenses were sussing out our 3-4 zone blitz, and we needed a faster and more versatile defense. The problem is, rather than hire a guru in that field, we’ve got Butler, who’s trying to adapt while his experience is all in the obsolete defense of old. As a result, the defenses don’t make enough sense to the players to be instinctive and nobody seems to be getting played to their strengths.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Minkah is too expensive. ....
    The only other player left I would be interested in would be devante parker

16. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Too expensive to improve one of the weakest parts of our team? We’re gonna have to draft one high anyway

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    If they did trade for him, then you have to give Davis the chance to win the SS spot. Edmunds hasn't won the job, it's by default. They have nobody else and he's a first round pick. To me, at least thus far, he's Ziggy Hood. Overdrafted and under performing, but just serviceable.

18. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I wonder how much of it is the way the offense uses him and how much is Howard just not playing that well. I heard a comment from Arians that suggested it is at least partially an issue of Howard not playing up to his ability.

19. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

This is all assuming there is a Single High Free Safety in the draft to begin with come 2020. There really is not one to take as it stands. Unless there is another "Darnell Savage Jr.", it wouldn't surprise me if Pittsburgh did keep Sean Davis and let Bud Dupree walk instead.

20. Pappy928

Pappy928 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2019

I disagree - In part.

No one on this board will disagree when I say, swap personnel the past 15 years, sans coaching staff (pats/steelers), and we still don't win a SB. i argue we've been successful in spite of the coaching. ...heck, I think we would have done worse with Pats players.

21. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Maybe but doesn’t Davis have Rosenhaus as a agent? Most likely he isn’t gonna be worth the cost to keep him.

22. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Be careful, we may add a good player which makes the defense look a little better and butler gets another year. Can't we just suck for another year and fire him first?:smiley1::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  23. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I am with you on Butler. After the 2017 AFC Divisional Game, I wanted him gone. 2018 truly brought about the worst of him; the ENTIRE AFC West waving hello the same. Jettisoning him out of here would be a welcome start for a change.

Promoting Terryl Austin, having Tom Bradley take over as the Defensive Backs Coach and then hiring a Defensive Backs Assistant would be the way to go Mac. Defeating two problems with one solution. As for the Outside Linebackers coach, finding one should not be too difficult.

24. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Personally I do not think Drew Rosenhaus is Pittsburgh's number one enemy currently. He did not make Antonio Brown who he was. Drew is merely acting as an agent should. Defending his actions is part of his occupation I am afraid.

Antonio Brown is another issue all together. Bear in mind that AB is Rosenhaus' top client currently. That being said, like all Agents, Drew needs multiple clients. Roughly 3% of whatever a player makes sounds nice but those expenses add up very rapidly.

• Agree Agree x 1