1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Should we go shopping at Dolphins outlet sale?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by WWW, Sep 13, 2019.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I'm not even entertaining these threads anymore. Our team mentality is stuck in the 70s. That's why we've been lapped by the Patriots. We are never in win now mode. Just be constantly good enough to remain relevant. We lost the #1 WR, Top 5 RB, and swap of 1st to move up 10 spots in the draft and they acted like it was a earth shattering move. Meanwhile, the Patriots have constantly made trades and signed big name players to fill needs and make them better for that 1 year. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't but it worked more times then not.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Wife still has her Care Bear glasses from pizza hut. Kids and I aren't allowed to touch them.

3. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Nice. We had the Warner Bros / Pepsi set growing up. Yosemite Sam is the only one left.:(

4. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Ok, so they want a 1st for him

Considering:
    1) Edmunds was a 1st and has shown slow development still on year 2
    2) Ben's window is closing
    3) Our roster has no Safety of his caliber
    4) Biggest needs are still (until proven otherwise) a 1-2 WR and DB.

I'd be right after Fitzaptrick. A 1st and a 5th (dobbs), or 2 2nds (20-21).
    Dolphins are clearly stocking picks for next years draft. A 2020 draft player for us will be at his prime once Ben's window is closed.

(Yes, I'm aware we should be realeasing someone. Such is life in football).

Let's be clear: if this team wants to win, we are not talking about reaching playoffs. We are talking of the real need to improve the roster for another SB before Ben's time is over. Otherwise, our project to develop players is mid-long term.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Dolphins trading everyone but Dan Marino and Don Shula

6. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    doesn't hurt to ask they say

7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Artie Burns for Fitzpatrick straight up.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  8. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Should absolutely be interested. Will absolutely not be though. Because Steelers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    We have eight 1st rounders on our defense (starters and reserves) along with numerous 2nd and 3rd rounders. One can say we are loaded with talents. Another one isn’t going help unless we get rid of Butler.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Fixed for u

11. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    I had to actually search for a picture of him in sweats. I kept finding pictures of him in uniform. Can't say I ever remember him being in uniform :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  13. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I am with SteelCity_NB. Minkah Fitzpatrick was not too far behind Derwin in terms of versatility. Furthermore, he does have a background as a Free Safety. He definitely should be worth considering.

Pittsburgh brought the house to Alabama's Pro Day in 2018. Tom Bradley was also in attendance if I recall. I would imagine the interest was not just soley on Rashaan Evans.

Who knows if Sean Davis really wants to stay in Pittsburgh?! His contract is up after next season. How much does he want?! I do not believe Pittsburgh has the luxury to wait.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Report: Steelers one of several teams showing interest in potential trade for Minkah Fitzpatrick

The Pittsburgh Steelers could use a dynamic player in the secondary, and Minkah Fitzpatrick might be worth the money

By Jeff.Hartman@BnGBlitz Sep 13, 2019

Friday morning news got started early when it was reported Miami Dolphins second year safety Minkah Fitzpatrick was asked, and was granted permission, to seek a trade. Fitzpatrick is a phenomenal player, and extremely versatile at that. Fitzpatrick is able to play both slot cornerback, and free safety, making him a very useful tool on nearly any defense in the NFL.

But Fitzpatrick sees the writing on the wall, and that is the Dolphins are being blown up to start over from scratch. You can’t expect a player of his caliber to be okay sitting around and waiting another 3-4 years before the team becomes competitive.

If a team does get a trade done, this is what they get with Fitzpatrick on their roster:

So, should the Pittsburgh Steelers be interested in trading for Fitzpatrick? According to one online source the Steelers are one of several teams who are at least in the conversation for a potential trade for Fitzpatrick:

The Steelers should at least put a call in to Miami to see what the asking price would be, but reports are the Dolphins are expecting a second round pick, and possibly more, to come their way. It makes sense considering Fitzpatrick was a first round pick himself.

to read rest of article:

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.c...trade-for-minkah-fitzpatrick-nfl-trade-rumors

• Like Like x 1
  15. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Some of it was Kelly not being quick enough, but there were other plays he simply wasn't where he was supposed to be. It's a combination of making incorrect reads and limited athleticism with Kelly.

16. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I give up our 1st round pick for Fitzpatrick. No questions asked .

Guy was #11 overall just last year.

He's not being traded because he's no good anymore. He wants out from a tanking team. He wants to play competitive ball.

If we want to compete for the SB this year we need to make a move like this.

Our secondary will continue to be our weak link this year. We need reinforcements.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Sure, why not. We could have butler ruin him or a draft pick next year. Might as well get started.:cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I think we should cut Ben and then get Miami to trade Fitzpatrick to jags for Dobbs straight up, then we should trade a 1st round pick for Dobbs.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  19. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    I wonder if Fitzpatrick will be able to master the art of playing 10 yards off the ball and then tackling the catch?

20. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    While they are making calls maybe reach out to BA and see if OJ Howard is available. He has turned him into yet another glorified blocking back. I'm sure once his rookie deal is done he will want out of Tampa so never hurts to ask.

21. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Throw Dupree & some draft picks at the Dolphins.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Would love that.

23. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    You sure we can’t pry Shula away?

24. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Don’t worry about that, our LBs cover the WRs in this scheme .

• Like Like x 1
  25. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Duh who else would you want covering wideouts?

• Like Like x 1