1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Should we give Randy Moss a look?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by shaner82, Feb 18, 2012.

1. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    :amen:

Absolutely not...

2. Coke Oven

Coke Oven Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Run the F%$#ing football.

3. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!

4. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Everyone knows his head's up his ass ! JUST SAY NO TO MOSS

5. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Perhaps, but the Titans had nothing but great things to say about him and how he was in the locker room. I admit the guy was a problem child in the past, but has he been a problem child the last few years? New England traded him because that's what NE does, they don't hang on to players for long. It's not like he did anything in the locker room that made them trade him, they just thought it was time to move on. Minnesota traded him because of what he said in his press conference when he talked about how much he loved NE and Bill Belichek. The Titans apparently thought he was great in the locker room, they just didn't have a QB to throw him the ball, nor did they have much in the way of other WR's.

I still think his upside is so great that it's worth a phone call to see if he just wants to get back to playing football and possibly winning a SB. What he went through is pretty humbling, even for an egomaniac like him. He may just want to shut his mouth and play football before he's too old to do so. I think for the right price and if his head appears to be where Tomlin wants it to be, Moss could be a great #3 for us until he properly address the WR spot.

Now, that all hinges on us losing Wallace, Ward and Cotchery. If we don't lose those three, we obviously don't need another WR at all. If we lose 2 of those guys though, we need to bring someone else in.

6. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    {sarcasm}We should bring Moss and TO in. That would be AWESOME!!!{/sarcasm}

7. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    TO is a cancer on the field and in the locker room, Moss isn't. Bill Belichek had nothing bad to say about Moss in the locker room. Moss' problems were always off the field, not in the locker room. Moss also hates the media so his press conferences are interesting, but again, nothing to do with the locker room

8. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Ok, so let's bring in a guy who is a cancer in the locker room and a guy who only plays when he feels like it. Perfect.

9. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
  10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Perhaps, but the Titans had nothing but great things to say about him and how he was in the locker room. I admit the guy was a problem child in the past, but has he been a problem child the last few years? New England traded him because that's what NE does, they don't hang on to players for long. It's not like he did anything in the locker room that made them trade him, they just thought it was time to move on. Minnesota traded him because of what he said in his press conference when he talked about how much he loved NE and Bill Belichek. The Titans apparently thought he was great in the locker room, they just didn't have a QB to throw him the ball, nor did they have much in the way of other WR's.

I still think his upside is so great that it's worth a phone call to see if he just wants to get back to playing football and possibly winning a SB. What he went through is pretty humbling, even for an egomaniac like him. He may just want to shut his mouth and play football before he's too old to do so. I think for the right price and if his head appears to be where Tomlin wants it to be, Moss could be a great #3 for us until he properly address the WR spot.

Now, that all hinges on us losing Wallace, Ward and Cotchery. If we don't lose those three, we obviously don't need another WR at all. If we lose 2 of those guys though, we need to bring someone else in.[/quote:34aidqz5]
    Time to give it a rest.

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Then why has Ben set a franchise record for TD's 40 or more yds? Him and Wallace have connected for more then any other tandem in Steeler history.

12. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    How many times have they missed though T.E.? Ben liking the deep ball and throwing it alot doesn't always translate to doing it well. Heck he liked to throw it deep before Wallace and still had trouble hitting Washington in stride and he is nowhere near Wallace in speed.

13. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011

If you think he throws a good deep ball then that speaks more of you then Ben.

14. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    And Trent Dilfer has more SB rings than Dan Marino, that doesn't make him a better QB. Stats can be misleading. I have watched probably 98% of all Steelers games since Ben was drafted. Ben throws a very ugly, inaccurate deep ball, and it's obviously just by watching the games. He throws it a ton, which is probably why he has the record, but he is anything but accurate when going deep.

15. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    He does throw a bad deep ball, and yet he and Wallace have still hooked up a bunch for long passes and TDs, including this year. To me that says quite a bit about Wallace's ability to get open and adjust to the ball, because we know a lot of these passes aren't where they need to be. I don't understand the recent wave of crap the fans are giving him. I know Moss would never get open like Wallace will, he wouldn't have the arsenal of routes that Wallace has, he wouldn't try as hard as Wallace does, he wouldn't draw as much coverage by a long shot, he drop just as many balls if not more, he wouldn't make plays with the ball in his hands, and hasn't been the master of the jump ball in forever. I'd trust AB in a jump ball before Moss. And he hasn't played in over a year, and didn't do anything the last time he did play. And he would be anything but a positive influence on the organization, no matter what specific "kinds" of problems he's had in the past.

Now, supposing two receivers leave like you said, would I want Moss just to fill in a spot, even if not to be Wallace's "replacement"? No. I don't think he offers a damn thing for us.

16. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    Fair enough. I don't know if I want him to play for us either, I just think if his price is low enough, it might be worth a call to see where his head is at. Guess absolutely nobody agrees with me. lol

17. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    If we end up losing Wallace, I'd rather take a team of scouts down to Jamaica and offer the fastest dude down there a contract, than sign Randy Moss. He'll bring no value and would only lead to problems.

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes, it proves I am right and you are clueless and that you are pissed I blew your unintelligent statement up thus leading to your epic fail insult.

19. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I understand you're not saying we should get him, and just take a look at him. But why mess around with a 35+ year old WR whose head needs checked out? There are a million young, fast, tall guys out there who aren't a roll of the dice and could be signed for even cheaper. They'd probably try every play, too.

20. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Yes, it proves I am right and you are clueless and that you are pissed I blew your unintelligent statement up thus leading to your epic fail insult.[/quote:b6atzap8]

ummmmmmmmm, ok

21. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

moss is also twice................ maybe 3 times the headcase that wallace is too.......... fact is the team not only focuses on talent, but character as well, otherwise we would be no better than the bengals and their legion of criminals!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    No way......His skills are not that good anymore and he loves to pout....We already have a QB sulking no need to add a WR adding to that.....If we need a FA WR I think Reggie Wayne is the way we should look....He is a great pre snap WR a great Zone reading WR the extra exp. at WR woukld be a plus to help Ben learn the game....Brown,Sanders,Cotchery,Wayne, and Ward would be a decent group of WR'S....

23. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't disagree, but Wayne will not come cheap.

24. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Sure enough ,but I think his long Term deal would be a lot cheaper than the one Wallace will want.....IMO i can see Wallace getting around a 50 Mil deal with a huge signing bonus.....

I think Wayne would take a 4 year deal around 30 Mil ,IMO......This would fit the window of Ben's career IMO ,,,and I would rather have Wayne instead of Wallace and we could use the extra pick to go get Decastro.....I would draft 2 OL in round #1 and trade away our 2nd. round pick.....Glenn has switched to the tackle group and some have him as the 2nd. best Guard and 4th. or 5th. best Tackle so take him as well and let him and Colon fight for the 2 spots on the right.....

25. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

Thank you! Just not getting all the Wallace hate on here :roll: