1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Should we give Randy Moss a look?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by shaner82, Feb 18, 2012.

1. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Lets assume we lose Mike Wallace. We still have Brown and Sanders as our 2 every down WR's. Maybe we keep Cotchery, may not. If not, then we're getting pretty short on starting WR's. We have too many needs right now so we can't use a high pick on a WR.

So lets assume the Titans coaching staff were telling the truth when they said Randy Moss was great in the locker room. Lets assume that he's been humbled by this whole retirement thing and he just wants to get back to playing football. Lets also assume he can still play at a high level. If those are all true, I think we should consider bringing him in and taking a look. If he doesn't pan out in camp or pre-season, we cut him.

He could be a one year solution and then next year we look at shoring up our WR group. I don't like drama queens on this team, but apparently he's great in the locker room and I think he just wants to get back to playing football. He's not the Randy Moss of old, but I bet he's still pretty good.

2. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    NO. He takes plays off when he isnt the primary receiver on the play.

3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'd rather have Hines Ward he plays with heart on every down. Moss will always be Moss like truckin said he plays when the mood takes him and when it doesn't he could care less what. happens.

4. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Im sorry you talking about Moss or Wallace?

If Moss can still run a 9 route at close to his former speed as many seem to think "Randy can get out of bed and run a 4.3"..I would take him over Ward if Wallace were to leave.

But I would be telling him to get in shape...because he is going to be running fly routes all day long to take the top off....even though we will only throw maybe 3-5 a game

HACK

5. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    no and GOD i HATE when posters want every washed up free agent that gets cut or comes along when we can barely aford our own good players and WR isnt a P of NEED SMDH

6. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011

amen.

my point- why oversign or bring in a guy who excells at catching the deep ball when the Steelers QB doesnt throw it well

7. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  8. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  10. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

Hack! Wecome to our new hangout.

As for the question, I'd rather sign Ward for a farewell year.

11. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Why...why...why?

12. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    Why? Because we may lose Cotchery and Wallace and there's talk of not bringing Ward back. We need another WR who can step and play, but we have too many needs to use a high draft pick on WR. We don't have the money to sign one of the big WR FA's, but Moss will come cheap.

Yes, he takes plays off, but he's not going to be in on every play, nor will he be the primary read on many plays. He comes cheap, and when he does decide to play, he can be ridiculously good. He's a one year fill in until he can properly address the WR position. Fact is, if we lose Ward, Cotchery and Wallace, we need to fill those spots with at least one person who has talent.

Moss is the same type of player Wallace is, except he's better and cheaper.

13. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't want every FA agent out there. In fact, I have never wanted any and don't really want Moss. I think we could really use him though and I explained why in my post above this one. He's cheap and super talented and will fill in great for one year.

14. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Moss is a front runner... we have seen, when things dont go right, he quits. Basically he isnt responsible for team failures- so there for he isnt responsible for success.

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    NO! I've never seen any athlete quit on plays the way Moss does, the guy is a bum and a team cancer. Even his friend Chris Carter said Moss has a quit mechanism like no one else.

16. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Yes! Absolutely! Without a shadow of a doubt! WE HAVE TO HAVE HIM SO HE CAN BRING THE MEDIA CIRCUS TO TOWN AND TAKE THE DISTRACTION OFF OF BEN AND HALEY! SIGN HIM RIGHT NOW! We should pick up Haynesworth and Favre for backup duty! Is Deion still around? Grab him too.

17. victimofchanges

victimofchanges Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
  18. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I'm not even going to waste my time replying to this garbage if you think Moss is the answer, wow, just wow.

19. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    I think he could be a temporarily fill in for one year, not a permanent answer. My only point is I think they should bring him in, have a chat with him, see where his head is at. If he wants to get back to playing football and winning, then give him a shot in camp and possibly pre-season. If he can still play, then great, if not, cut him. There's no risk whatsoever to giving him a look. I never said give him guaranteed money and a 4 year contract, but he's potentially still a great WR at times, which means if he's cheap enough, he's worth a look.

If you disagree, fine, but this message board is here for this very reason, discussion.

20. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

21. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    if he is cheap and can help us I would be all for it

22. SteelersWin!

SteelersWin! Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2011
    No. Moss isn't even close to as good as Wallace....maybe 5 years ago he was

23. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    I think Moss is still twice the receiver Wallace is, when he chooses to be.

Regardless of who is better, Moss isn't supposed to replace Wallace because he's better, Moss would be replacing Wallace if Wallace received an offer from another team and we didn't match it. We will need to fill those empty WR spots with someone, and Moss has huge upside for potentially very little money.

24. 3carsteeler

3carsteeler

Dec 21, 2011
  25. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    NO.......NO......NO....We do NOT need that cancer on our team!!