1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Should we be grateful for our team?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersfan35, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2016
    I live in North Dakota, around a ton of Vikings fans. They are fairly hopeless. Even this year after they started 5-0 a lot of Vikings fans knew what was going to happen and it did. Some were still hopeful, but not a lot. I feel like every year I have a pretty good chance at watching the Steelers play in January. The vikings fans feel lucky just to make the playoffs. I am so grateful that 25 years ago I picked the Steelers (My Dad's Team). It is a lot more fun cheering for a team that is almost always in the thick of it.

2. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I live in Cardinals land and they are still salty over SB43, it's funny how the Cards try and immulate the Steelers Organization. Coaches, players, every year they think Palmers going to lead them to a Superbowl please!!!!! It's comical!!

3. Ratkomladic

Ratkomladic Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2013
  4. Trafalgar

Trafalgar Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2016
    Yes we should, we've just got the misfortune of having a very competitive team in a usually,very competitive division at the same time as the Pats are dominant every year in a **** division with a HOF QB and the NFL's Nick Saban as HC, when we have a HOF QB and a HC who stubbornly refuses to learn from his mistakes.

Their HC is a difference maker, ours is a handicap.

5. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
  6. nycfan

nycfan Member

Jan 23, 2017
    Jets fan here.
    You damn well should be grateful. Big Ben has two or three years on his contract (no way he's leaving that much bread on the table). You have a young team. Yeah, maybe a few of your studs need to grow up, but take one look at the garbage that Woody Johnson has shoveled our way and be grateful.
    BTW, don't rely on the Pats falling apart without Brady. Garoppolo looks like a bona fide Franchise QB to the rest of the Division. Schefter reports that the Pats would only trade him for a #1 and a #4 but that they're unlikely to do so.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Absolutely. I have seen all but Super Bowl IX and have many awesome memories of championships. Fans of the Cards, Eagles, Lions, Browns etc. have zero.

8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I feel the same way, I doubt these prima donas feel bad there probably partying in the gulf of mexico
    or some other exotic area. I hope Rooney's remind them though.

9. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    The Steelers window has shut with Ben at QB, IMO. I said this before they went on the winning streak. The Steelers are, at best, a distant 3rd in the AFC behind Patriots and Raiders going into 2017. If Chiefs, Texans and Broncos can solve their QB issues... circumstances will be even worse. Raiders will continue to improve through the draft and nothing needs to be said about the Patriots. If Carr didn't go down with the broken leg... Steelers don't even sniff the AFC Championship.

I don't see the Steelers keeping both AB and Bell long term. One of them is gonna split if not this year, then next year. Bell will probably get franchised and AB extended. Injuries are gonna happen to Ben, he will miss his standard 3-4 games... and the likelihood of the O-line making it through the '17 season intact like they did in '16 is long shot. Sorry, but there's just not much to be optimistic about at this point in time. I hope Martavis Bryant returns and contributes... but it's gonna take a lot more than one good player and a lot of luck to make another deep run in the playoffs.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  10. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I really believe Ben has lost some of his competitive fire. He seems to lose focus for significant portions of games and just doesn't have the killer instinct that someone like Tom Brady has or that Peyton Manning had. Once they had you down, they went for the jugular. And I'm still not over his giddy school girl act with Brady. WWLT?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I feel grateful for the team and the season, but i feel embarrassed for how bad we played , were coached and unprepared against the Pats.​

12. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Love your wish list. I would certainly take all of them, then add another cb, or safety, or outside linebacker in free agency.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Grateful we won our division, then they beat a miami team that didnt even belong in the playoffs, no big deal there, not so grateful how they played against KC, 7 redzone trips with no TDs, not grateful how unprepared they were in foxboro, starting with tomlin whining about how unfair it was that the patriots get a day and a half more practice time than he was going to have, I never heard a coach making excuses before he even played the game before. I had my doubts that they would win the afcc game, but I did expect them to be competitive, but I wasn't prepared for them to embarrass themselves the way they did, so now I'm just disgusted with them for letting a chance like this one slip through their bumbling fingers, getting back to the final game to get to the super bowl doesnt come around often, to not show up in this game is unforgivable....

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    it is what it is, but we could also be the browns lol

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey J-E-T-S fan person... We want Kevin Greene so how about telling your team to treat him like crap or something so he will quit and we can snatch him up.

kthxbye.

:)

• Like Like x 2
  16. nycfan

nycfan Member

Jan 23, 2017
    Not to worry.

If he's a really good coach, he'll eventually run out of the Meadowlands, screaming and tearing his hair out of his head. Just a matter of time.

It's a little different with good players. Woody Johnson either lets them go to other teams or pays them too much at the end of their career. Darrelle Revis is a prime example. Woody let him go. He picked up a ring in New England, who wouldn't pay him what he wanted so now he's a big cap hit down here at the end of his career.

I mean, there must be something in the water. Belichick was our Head Coach for like two days and had to get out in 2000. A couple of months later, Parcells didn't listen when his scouts were screaming at him in the Draft War Room to take a kid named Brady who was still on the Board after the fourth round...he'd already taken Chad Pennington, who was OK. But nooo. He let Belichick draft him and carry four Quarterbacks.

Seriously, you people have absolutely no idea how lucky you are to have a well-run franchise. I'm no big fan of Tomlin, but I'd trade Bowles for him in a heartbeat.

• Like Like x 2
  17. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

Nah you can keep Bowles. I haven't been impressed with him at all. It seems to me like he's in way over his head. He makes Tomlin look like Belichick.

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Of course I'm grateful, they gave me 13 good days. Wish they could have given me 15, but didn't happen.

Now I get to look forward to the draft and next season because I know they will continue to put a good product on the field and win a bunch more games with a shot at the SB.

Imagine if you are a fan of a team that struggles to win 5 games every year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    lol, I just switched it this morning. I like Walker but want to see what he weighs at the combine, he was around 280 throughout the season which is too heavy imo. If he comes in around 265, then that would be a great start.

20. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Yep, absolutely grateful to have a great team to enjoy watching play football. I was grateful during the Bradshaw years, stuck it out through the Bubby, Malone, O'Donnell, Stewart years, and have been grateful to have Ben, Troy, Hines, Bettis, Brown, Bell, etc. since then.

21. Rhys Lightning 63

Rhys Lightning 63 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2015
    I'd say yes. You might think we have SOME problems, but when you look at the rest of the league (looking at you Cleveland, Cinci, Oakland before this year, St Louis, Chicago), you think to yourself... We ain't so bad after all