1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Should we be grateful for our team?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersfan35, Jan 27, 2017.

1. steelersfan35

steelersfan35 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    Let's be honest, I was told that we should be grateful because we have these great players and SB success with our 6 rings. But, a SB win is necessary due to our 8 year drought since 2009. I feel that people would rather change the organization/coaches rather than letting the entire team grow. This team is somewhat young and a little immature. There should be no excuse to blame the coaches who have to put up with this kind of stuff. Do you think it's easy to coach a team in the NFL? Also, how would the new coaches adjust to our system? We would go through the same growing pains like Todd Haley did.

Although, Belichick seems to win all the time because of Brady. I'd like to see him win with another quarterback, but I'm not sure when Brady will retire.

We should be happy that they got 6 rings. We should be happy that the Steelers drafted Ben, Bell, and AB (also not forgetting about the defense and other players). But, we need to win another SB. It's due on our calendar for the upcoming years. I understand that people are frustrated, but do you know how hard it is to win a SB with 31 other teams competing for the same goal?

Maybe the Facebook video was a wakeup call for AB to improve his maturity. Ben's comments may or may not come true, but at 34 years old, the time is starting to run out for #7 as he turns 35 this year in March. He's probably just sending a message to the Steelers. I just hope that this team will win a SB before Ben retires if he stays on the team, which most likely will be the case.

Just be happy that we aren't like the Cleveland Browns.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    well to be fair there was a huge drought between 4 and 5 lol

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    After we won our first super bowl with Ben, I thought we win 5 more with him. Boy was I wrong. That just goes to show you how hard it is to do and what a great accomplishment the Patriots are doing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. steelersfan35

steelersfan35 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    Pretty high expectations for 6 SB wins with Ben. But, it's not just Ben, it's the entire team.

5. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    It may be hard for some fans to continue financially supporting them if it keeps up. ( SB " Drought" l mean).

6. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Short answer: Yes, I feel we should be happy about this team. I am happy about this team.

Not in the slightest.

They would have to go through growing pains just like Haley did. Transitions and growth opportunities almost always involve this struggle, not matter the person and opportunity.

It is extremely difficult. But I would say that the Steelers have a good shot to do so in the next couple seasons if: 1) Ben stays, 2) Bell and AB both remain on the roster and remain healthy, 3) Steelers lock down a legit #2 receiver and develop/find a solid TE (I like both James and Green), 4) Steelers get one or two more splash players on defense.

I'm pretty much with you, here. AB needs to tighten it up. I'm interested to see the effects of Tomlin addressing this behavior. The locker room needs to be tightened up.

I think Ben definitely wants another ring. When they get the ring, I think he retires, immediately.

No doubt! I have friends who are Browns fans. They live in purgatory.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    True. We had a great defense back then that stopped almost anyone. Our defense is decent now, but young. A lot of them need to learn discipline. So many times against the Patriots the left their zone. I understand the thinking of what he was saying about you would think we would of won another SB by now. We just have so much talent but that doesn't always translate into wins or especially SB's. We made the divisional round two seasons ago, AFC Championship game this year, so SB next year! Also I think Ben will be back!

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    big changes from how the league operates now and during the first 4 rings. we could let young players grow and develop them back in the day. now they have to produce much quicker or you can lose them quite easily. you have to be able to coach as such now too. you get a core group so you have to get it while the fire is hot. :cool:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  10. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
  11. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Yes we should be grateful. I have friends who follow the jets, Colts, bills, and bengals. when we lose I can't really complain about it to any of them. This team has a nice mix of young talent, especially in our secondary. We are close.

12. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The thing I am the most grateful for after the AFC Championship is at least we know none of our players will be subject to the "random drug tests" after that performance.

• Like Like x 2
  13. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Each team has about a 6% change of making to a Super Bowl and 3% chance of winning each year. The Steelers have been in 15.7% of the Super Bowls, and have won 11.8% of the Super Bowls. So we have been blessed to be in 2.5 times as many and have won 4 times as many of what the average is. Am I grateful? ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!! Do I want the Steelers to win the Super Bowl every year? Yes. Is the current roster missing opportunities to be in the Super Bowl and win it again? Sure. Will Ben win one more? That's why we have this site - to discuss whether it might happen or not.

14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I'm grateful. Cubs just won after waiting 108 years. Think about that.

Bengals have 5 playoff wins total. We have 6 trophies lmao.
    Browns are just lol

Other teams are happy to make the playoffs.

We have been progressing every year and Steelers could've potentially had 9 rings had it not been for the pats always in our way.

If they aren't cheating well they are just a beast dynasty.

Sometimes great teams never win because they were great in the wrong times.

Marino vs 49ers

It is what it is. I bleed black and gold and gravy, and I'll support them when huge Benjamin retires.

15. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I aint that impressed. brady has 4 years on ben. he is about to be 4-3. ben is 2-1. I will not give them credit lol. ben never cheated.

16. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    We are good. Most of this stuff only came into light because of social media. I dont watch what other teams do and frankly dont care that much. I figure if you watch AB facebook live as much as he broadcasts your either retired, actively seeking employment or on social welfare. I can remember a time when there was just TTF BFT and the old Steeler board which was actually when the Steeler organization had their own community board.. Sorry I just went back in time along ways.. My bad.

Belchick is a good enough coach to win with any QB.. Under his tutelage he has an amazing ability to take a sows ear and turn it into a silk purse,,,, Very few examples of players leaving that organization and doing well.

AB has to show his hair getting cut and locker room chats and all that. I really wonder if the other players and team really want him to carry his phone around and do FB live while they are in the cool tub. Thing is though there are a million lemmings
    that would watch because they are not doing anything other then watching someone in a tub trying to be a brand or improve his brand.

We are happy. We just got one step closer to 7 then we have since 2009

17. Guest

Guest Guest

No, we shouldn't be grateful. :rolleyes:

Good grief.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Grateful...Yes!.....Satisfied....No!

19. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I agree.

In fact, to ensure this team goes to new heights Steel, the following instructions must be completed in chronological order.

1.)Fire Tomlin, Haley and Butler.

2.)Promote Danny Smith to Head Coach a la John Harbaugh.

3.)Trade Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell for high level draft picks, all the while ignoring cap damage.

4.) Draft luxury positions with said picks as opposed to obtain needs to build for the future.

5.) Start all said picks at their respective positions without competition via OTA's or Training Camp.

6.) Hope your team can get out of Pre-Season unscathed.

7.) Start 2017 as the most polarizing and controvesial team in the teams history; desecrating everything that franchise did up until now.

8.) Repeat steps 1-7 for the same amount of time as the Browns.

9.) Commit to new ownership of the team via eithet buyout or hostile takeover.

10.) Refer to step eight but instead insert new ownership.

11.) This is the final step Steel! You ready?!

Disband the team!

Congratulations Steel! You have effectively destroyed the Pittsburgh Steelers!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    bigbenhotness} I'm grateful. Cubs just won after waiting 108 years. Think about that.

So there is hope for the Browns to win a superbowl after all:;)

21. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ride or Die!!!

• Like Like x 1
  22. Guest

Guest Guest

Preach it, brother! :towel:

23. The Renegade

The Renegade Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    I'm grateful for everything except for how this team lays down against New England every time they play. Nothing I want more than to beat them. I don't care where or how, just a legit win. And yes, I remember 2011.

24. Griswald

Griswald Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2014
    Grateful, YES, but in pro sports, the underlying theme is "What have you done for me lately?"

25. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Yes. I am grateful, but I feel that I can be grateful and say that this was a successful season overall, yet also be pissed off about how it ended. It's more than a week later and I still can't get the stench of that loss out of my mind.

I really hope that the coaches and players ALL feel the sting of that horrid performance, and use it to motivate them to work that much harder in the offseason to be better. They all need to be better to take the next step, players and coaches alike.

• Agree Agree x 2