1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Should we acquire Manziel

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Feb 4, 2016.

1. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I'm not a fan of Johnny, think he's egotistical, arrogant and immature. The thing is Cleveland is going to cut him loose. We need a quality backup, he is talented and cheap. We have the team FO and coaching staff to handle him and the perfect QB to mentor him and strong locker room to keep him focused and guided.

If it works we have a solid backup and potential future starter, if it doesnt we loose nothing, maybe gain if we can trade him in a couple years or if he leaves via FA a comp pick.

I'm on the fence on this, not sure if its even a viable option........

What say you ......

Cajun

2. Griswald

Griswald Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2014
    N-fu**ing-O

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I think this part answers its own question.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    No a million times.. That kid is so self absorbed .. He is not even done getting into trouble. His self entitlement will pull him back down and then he will go running to mommy and daddy with his hand out.

I disagree about his talent. Merril Hoge was right. Kid is not an NFL player and indeed not NFL ready nor will he ever be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Hahaha no. All the headache for a kid who may or may not (at best) be able to hack it in the NFL? I'd rather bring Vick back than Johnny

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    My conspiracy theory is he is deliberately being a jerk in hopes of winding up in Dallas.

7. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I think my monitor isn't working correctly. For some reason, the thread title isn't showing up in green on my computer screen.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I'm actually in shock it took this long for this post to come up.
    See Exhibit A
    1.) Media Circus
    2.)Alcoholic and party problem
    3.) Doesn't fit a scheme of our offense that we run.
    4.) Won't make a good back up, unless he plays in a Cam Newton, Russell Wilson type offense.

I won't say no, because I never thought I'd see Michael Vick in a Steelers uniform and that happened.
    But, I would say very unlikely we would pick him up.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Steelers412

Steelers412 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2015
    Hell no. I wanted Tebow years ago then he goes on to beat us in the playoffs. Think about it all these years as a back-up, he could have learned how to throw the ball by now.

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I think we wait til Dallas gets him then we trade Brown, Ben, and Bell in a triplets package for the real deal Manziel. Just imagine, Johnny and Vick as qb's. They both play at the same time. 1-2 punch

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
  13. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Indications he'd be a good player for us: none.
    Indications he is trying to turn his behavior around: none.
    Indications we will turn around a troubled player: Blount.
    Indications he will damage the team, bring a media circus, and add nothing of value: every.

It's possible he could change every single thing about his life and playing ability in the next few months and do a good job, but isn't it at least as possible some other guy who is better and has no problems will do a good job? I'd say way, way, way more possible.

14. Rick

Rick Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2015
  15. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I agree with most things..... except one....... that he isn't good enough to be an NFL QB. He has the raw talent, on field smarts and competitive drive to be a really good NFL QB. He is most definately on a course of career destruction and may not be able to be saved. There seems to be no indications he even wants to change or believes he needs to.

He has the talent, there is no doubt in that, but is all the other stuff TOO much to over come.

Cajun

16. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Could you imagine a Mike Vick / Johnny Manziel competition in training camp?:fright::tequila::guiness:

17. lamberts lunatic

lamberts lunatic Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Seriously? I was wondering when this post was going to show up. LOL NO NO NO!!!!!!!! Way too many quality backups in the league. I can see it now Johnny partying on the southside. Johnny partying at station square. Johnny partying in the strip district. NO THANKS!!!!!

18. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    Does he fumble?:lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  19. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    if he'd promise not to hit any more of his girlfriends then maybe.......

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  20. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Manziel can NOT be on this team. He is not a team first guy and isn't a guy who Ben can go to on the sideline and say...hey what did you see? We need a vet.

21. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    Would you really want this idiot on the team???????? upload_2016-2-4_16-44-3.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  22. steelgirl84

steelgirl84 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    What happened to you? Is someone hacking ur account?? Lol.

• Like Like x 1
  23. 3carsteeler

3carsteeler

Dec 21, 2011
  24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Well, OK... I was wondering when someone would broach the subject. I think Cajun is partly right. From a pure on-the-field football ability standpoint, the kid has talent. Manziel is no Tim Tebow when it comes to throwing the football. He has instincts and the ability to improvise big plays that are rare. I don't think he has franchise QB talent, and I do think the Browns over drafted him even without his off the field problems. But I do think he has far more on-field football talent than any of the backups we had this past season. I don't think it's even close. The problem is of course his mental issues, both in terms of the off the field circus and not being a good teammate. If you could wave a magic wand and change him from Johnny Football the larger than life party animal to Johnny Manziel, football player, then you've got a pretty solid backup QB that you can win with. The problem is, even Harry Potter, Gandalf and Merlin combined don't have enough magic to make that transformation.

25. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    No unless he can he play corner:cool: