1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Should the Steelers double dip at the CB position in the 2016 draft?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrule6, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Hahaha...at best , hell end up in the slot. I hope he pans out there. Dont like to see draft picks wasted.

2. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Comical...he's not anything because if he was, you wouldn't have Tomlin out smoozing up to first round draft pick cornerbacks. And because I refer to Golson as "hobbit" or "garbage" that makes me not acting like a Steeler fan? That's another joke considering the things that I've seen said about players that can actually play. Lol. Sorry your so sensitive about what I said about Golson but I just dont have confidence in a guy who is short at a position where inches are make or break in a game that is a game of inches.

3. Badboy212

Badboy212 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    In regards to Golson, last year Kiper even said he's a 1st rd talent, and the only thing that kept him out was his height. He's a ballhawk, and I'm excited to see him play. Get even the slightest pass rush, and our secondary will be fine. Drafting 2 DBs I can see, but I'm getting the feeling we go DL in the 1st now.

4. Badboy212

Badboy212 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    And Golson is a slot corner, so that's never been an argument

5. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    But again, that's why he wasn't a first round pick because,of his height. So I'm not the only one who feels that way. But that's like saying, " if it wasn't for this hole, this would be a first rate condom." Lol.
    All jokes aside, I don't think we go DL with our first round pick. By the way Tomlin is smoozing up to first round college cornerbacks, and considering we have the least talented secondary out of 32 teams, coupled with the deep cornerback group in the draft, I cant see us doing anything else in the first round.

6. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Well alrighty then....i hope he's successful in that slot role. Maybe that's why Boykins wasn't retained.

7. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I honestly just skipped over that somehow. I should swap OLB with S.