1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Should it be this simple?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by NorvaSteel, Dec 15, 2011.

1. NorvaSteel

NorvaSteel Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Let Ben rehab all week, if he can't participate at some level in practice, start Batch.
    But...
    If he can get on the field, wait till after the Raven's game to name the starter. If Raven's win against Chargers assume that we won't catch them and get Ben healthy for a road playoff run.

If the Raven's drop the Chargers game, start Ben and try to get homefield (since we'll both likely win out final two weeks).

2. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Must disagree...We need 7 on the field Monday regardless of the Chargers Rats outcome.Rats still have to go to Bungels in week 17. A very winable game for Cin. Bungels could very well be playing for the second wild card. Even if they are not,how much do you think they would like knocking the Rats from the 1 seed? Huge game for them either way.7 will play Monday night!!Regardless of the Rats Chargers outcome!!!

3. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    remember that the Ravens finish with the Brawns and Bengals and the Steelers have the Rams and Browns. that game against the Bengals will be huge. the Steelers need to try and get a 1 game lead this weekend

4. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    IMHO if the Rats win, Ben should sit.

5. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I agree with the first post. I honestly don't think that the Rats will have trouble with the Bengirls unless there is a playoff spot at stake, and even then, I think it will be a longshot. Rats/Chargers is the key - as is Denver/New England. Assuming New England beats Denver, the game is a must win for the Chargers to keep their playoff hopes alive. If New England gets Tebowed, San Diego is eliminated.

6. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    only if someone else loses and we clinch a playoff birth

7. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The Steelers will get a playoff spot.

8. white_steel_wolfe

white_steel_wolfe Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I wouldn't play Ben unless he played like he did against the patsies, gotta be as healthy as possible for the playoffs and SUPERBOWL :grin:

9. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I agree with this. Institute a short drop quick passing attack just like they did against the Pats. It can negate the niners pass rush and keep Ben upright. Adjust Tomlin and Arians, please. Also, what did Lebeau do against the Pats that no one saw coming.........he went press man! Do whatever it takes to get the job done otherwise, we in heck do we even have coaches?

10. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

You might find this funny, but if ben sits for an extended period that is in doubt. this team will struggle without him. we got a glimpse of that last week against the browns

11. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    we can almost certainly go 0-3 and still make the playoffs

quoting from another thread:
    1) NYJ loss
    2) OAK loss or tie OR
    3) TEN loss or tie OR
    4) DEN loss OR
    5) PIT win or tie OR

I can't see Denver winning against New England and Oakland will lose to Detroit in my opinion.

12. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    yep, any one of those top 4 things happen over the weekend, and the the Steelers are in the playoffs before they even take the field on Monday.

13. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

If we lose to the Rams, then we don't deserve to make the playoffs. Then again, if any of you follow NASCAR, Tony Stewart wasn't exactly lighting it up prior to the Chase. That's why they play the games.