1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Should be A Wally Rule!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by PSYCHOSTEELER, Apr 13, 2012.

1. PSYCHOSTEELER

PSYCHOSTEELER Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    IMO The league in its labor agreements should have installed a clause that if a restricted fa does not sign with another team and does not want to sign his tender, he can not play until he signs it and plays his one year. Until then he remains property of his original team. You know what Wallace is doing is a bunch of crap and its players that act like there to good for there britches. Every rookie in the league always wishes he can make the NFL and how they will do anything to get there foot in the door and act like the'll play for free but say " well there gonna pay me, so be it ". The almost 3 mil he is gonna get is still a lot of money, but now its the big pointy head and not the pride. Well Wallace those are the RULES, live up to it.

WALLACE IS NOW MY WORST STEELER PLAYER OF ALL TIME - WHAT AN AZZ

2. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    LMAO SMDH when Goodell makes new rules he is all evil now want to put in a new dumb rule and Wallace the worst Steeler player god lol

3. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    There pretty much is that rule. If he holds out any regular season games he doesnt it doesnt ciunt towards free agency and he will be a RFA again next year

4. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Also ward held out the first week of camp.

5. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Wow @ the post of some of the people on these MBs...fn eh!

6. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    :amen:

7. Somathus

Somathus Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Wow you guys are really overreacting. Wallace has every right to try to make as much money while he still can. What happens if he tears an ACL playing for 2.7 mil and loses his speed? His career would probably be over. By the scale of the league, he should be making a lot more money then he is.

This isn't a hobby for him, like it is for us. Its a business.

Least favorite Steeler of all time?? give me a break

8. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  9. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    This guy's insane. You'd have to be some kind of psy..... oh.

10. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    While the initial post was a bit of a dramatic overreaction, I agree to some extent. I've lost piles of respect for Wallace starting halfway through last season. He truly is a 1 trick pony, and even the deep balls he started dropping the second half of the season. I understand his deep threat presence helps open it up for the other guys, but guys like Brown were still able to haul in tough catches in double coverage that Wallace was never able to do. Now combine that with the arrogance he has developed over the off season. The guy does not display the attributes of a true Steeler. I would like to see him back for the threat he presents, but I absolutely do not want to see the Steelers sell the farm for him (I don't think they're going to anyways).

11. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    The biggest difference between brown and wallace is brown works his but off and wallace doesn't. You never read stories of wallaces work ethic you do read a lot about brown.

12. SteelMojo

Oct 23, 2011
    could someone please tell me what the attributes of a true Steeler are? everyone is always saying so and so isnt a true Steeler! is Hines a "true Steeler"? (i love Hines my favorite player! and if he is a "true Steeler where did that get him in the end? cut! dont blame Wallace for wanting money because if he got hurt or anything best beilve he would get cut it works both ways!)because id like to point out he held out ran his mouth on team mates and been arrested! was the D from the 70s "true Steeler"? because id like to point out must was on coke and roids played "dirty" by doing things after the whistle and one shot at the police! is Jerome Bettis a "true Steeler" he was Accused of sexual assault wanted to be traded from the Rams because he didnt want to be "the team guy" and play FB and wrote a book talking smack about the team and coach! i could go on and on! i LOVE the Steelers but im so sick of he is not a Steelers kinda of player

13. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Correct my old guy memory, but didn't we have issues trying to get Hines signed on his second contract? And then when he finally signed, he played LIGHTS OUT to prove he deserved it.

I know Hines is an exceptional type player. But it isn't all doom and gloom. We don't even know how much of this is Wallac himself, and how much is his agent's doing. And he's only trying to get his client the best deal he can too.

No real need to get worked up. It will resolve itself in time. And if not, we'll be fine anyway.

14. Coke Oven

Coke Oven Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    "could someone please tell me what the attributes of a true Steeler are?"

Apparently being tough but stupid is one of them. But that would exclude the Rooneys. They're tough but smart.

15. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    People act like if he doesnt sign we ll never win another game. Players dont play for the love of the game only anymore. Theres big money to be had and I dont blame them one bit for getting as much as they want. The other side of that is he has to decide if he wants to make money where he doesnt want to play or accept less money to play for a team he loves. And to be honest, he may not care who he plays for as long as he makes money and gets to play. It only take one bad injury to end a players career so he needs to get the most he can. If he decides to go somewhere else, well I enjoyed watching him play in the burgh, good luck.

16. PSYCHOSTEELER

Nov 22, 2011
    Really?

17. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    What happens if Pitts signs him for crazy long term $$$, then he tears his ACL? it goes both ways. Then Pitts gets screwed.

Wallace knows the team is short on cash and he's still trying to drain the piggy bank for himself? screw him, I hope they ditch the guy Pitts still has to sign the rookies and others who think more about the team . Pitts won the SB without Plax, they went to the SB without Holmes ,they can do it again without Walla$e. Rooney's want to run the ball more, we don't need him.

18. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I can't tell if you're really asking if I meant that, or if you're saying, "Really?!" like people do these days to seem popular and funny. Just to be safe, I will answer it like it was a real question and say Yes.

Okay, I'm sorry I called you a psycho. It was uncalled for. I don't know where it came from. For what it's worth, I was thinking WAY worse things and keeping them to myself. I'll do that 100% next time.

19. Homestead____Works

Homestead____Works Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

Thanks for saving me the time!
    Very succinct.

20. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Fair enough - but I've never heard a story saying Wallace's work ethic is bad.

On your logic, the team has 51-odd lazy players plus Antonio Brown and Barron Batch.

21. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    No but for you gear brown is the first one there amd the last one to leave and it shows on the field. How'd ward get as good as he was he worked his butt off from what i have read browns work out is pretty much just like jerry rices. If he is as driven as rice was he will have the much better career of the two.

22. PSYCHOSTEELER

Nov 22, 2011
    oh man, no I misunderstood :frustrated: what you meant by saying "psy", I thought you were saying the other "P" word, as in what a woman has. I take back what I was thinking about you and did not write. Sorry Steeler friend. :rawk:

23. PSYCHOSTEELER

Nov 22, 2011
    To all of you guys who are writing that the guy is trying to make money because he might get hurt, well that is true and cant agree more, but there is life after football and thats why parents stress that and it is also important to get and education first. I am 47 yrs old and have been loving the steelers since I was 10, not from the burgh but my mom was and that was the age I started to get into sports. I remember the days when guys played for the game and not the money and it was great pride to be a steeler and being with a great organization. And I feel thats what Hines did. He could have went to another team but I know he took a step back and said to himself " self, you had a great career, great times, superbowl, MVP, there nothing left to prove, take seat and retire a steeler and wait for the Hall to call" . So he just didn't want to be like some of those other steeler greats " Franco, Webster, etc, and go and play for another team and not do anything. Peace Out My Steeler Friends :rawk:

24. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    The definition (IMHO) of a "True Steeler", is:
    One who plays the game with all his heart and soul.
    One who puts the team above himself, and will never bad mouth them in public(to the press), even when they do have an issue with management.
    One who does thier job on the field, without grandstanding, and "showboating", and running their mouth.
    (You know, kinda like the "hand the ball to the ref after you score a touchdown. Act like you`ve been there before, and expect to be back")
    One who treats any opposing team like the "enemy", will try to hit them as hard as humanly possible, within the rules(which is very difficult in today`s climate), and will stick up for their team, whenever the need arises...
    (Kinda like Lambert slamming the Cryboy to the field when he tapped our kicker on the head)...
    As to wether Hines was a "True Steeler"...
    ABSOLUTELY!!! :towel:
    How could you even ask?!?!?! :thumbsdown:
    The man put aside his ego, and decided to retire as a Steeler, rather than continue to play for another team, which i am sure he could have done.
    Not to mention the records he holds, and the way he played the game.
    Personally, out of the current group, I think Heath Miller exemplifies what a "True Steeler" is better than anyone on the team.
    Very under rated, very humble, but gets the job done, damn near every time his number is called, and more than willing to knock the snot out of the defense, to open up a play for someone else, when it`s not.
    Now, I`m not against having some fun, while playing the game, as Hines did, when he would mock other players TD celebrations, but he earned that right, by taking their hardest hits, and just getting up smiling...
    And knocking them on their ass, every chance he got.
    As to if we were a "dirty" team, back in the day...
    Hell yes, we wanted to intimidate the opponent, and that was a whole different era, when the rules weren`t the same!
    I love James Harrison, but his style of play would have been MUCH more efffective (and accepted), if he had played alongside Lambert, Ham, Shell, Blount, etc...
    To me, a "True Steeler", should have that level of aggresiveness(Greg Lloyd, anyone?)... However, nowadays that just leads to flags and suspensions... :(
    Edit...
    After thinking it over, I could`ve saved myself a lot of typing by simply responding...
    "Aaron Smith".

25. SteelMojo

Oct 23, 2011
    One who puts the team above himself, and will never bad mouth them in public(to the press), even when they do have an issue with management.
    One who does thier job on the field, without grandstanding, and "showboating", and running their mouth.
    (You know, kinda like the "hand the ball to the ref after you score a touchdown. Act like you`ve been there before, and expect to be back")

As to wether Hines was a "True Steeler"...
    ABSOLUTELY!!! :towel:
    How could you even ask?!?!?! :thumbsdown:
    The man put aside his ego, and decided to retire as a Steeler, rather than continue to play for another team, which i am sure he could have done.
    Not to mention the records he holds, and the way he played the game.
    Personally, out of the current group, I think Heath Miller exemplifies what a "True Steeler" is better than anyone on the team.
    Very under rated, very humble, but gets the job done, damn near every time his number is called, and more than willing to knock the snot out of the defense, to open up a play for someone else, when it`s not.
    Now, I`m not against having some fun, while playing the game, as Hines did, when he would mock other players TD celebrations, but he earned that right, by taking their hardest hits, and just getting up smiling...
    And knocking them on their ass, every chance he got.
    As to if we were a "dirty" team, back in the day...
    Hell yes, we wanted to intimidate the opponent, and that was a whole different era, when the rules weren`t the same!
    I love James Harrison, but his style of play would have been MUCH more efffective (and accepted), if he had played alongside Lambert, Ham, Shell, Blount, etc...
    To me, a "True Steeler", should have that level of aggresiveness(Greg Lloyd, anyone?)... However, nowadays that just leads to flags and suspensions... :(
    Edit...
    After thinking it over, I could`ve saved myself a lot of typing by simply responding...
    "Aaron Smith".[/quote]
    Again Hines is my favorite mod Player but again Hines showboated and ran his mouth about team mates SO? Yes the rules were diffent in the 70s but no matter how you slice it Lambert (my all time fav mind you) was a "dirty player bitting and hitting late ect Lloyd held a gun to his own sons head my point is the whole Steelers are wholesome held to a higher standard is a myth madeup by fans lets say James Harrison never got cut by the Ravens never played for us! the things he does every fan on here would be saying thug Raven player needs kicked out the NFL ect same with the things Lambert use to do but since they play for the Steelers its ok its the Steelers way! The real Steelers way is the same way as EVERY OTHER team in the NFL what ever it takes to win! Players are meat as soon as there hurt or not playing well bye bye! players are assholes there whole life they are told and treated better then anyone else! they then get handed anything they want to go to this school or that school! then handed Millions of $$$$$ and pretty much can get away with anything yes every once in a blue moon you get a humble nice guy if the Steelers only got those type of guys we would not have a team! smh ok im off my soap box :herewego: