1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Shogun

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Mar 11, 2024.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Anyone else watching Shogun on FX? I’m enjoying it so far.

• Like Like x 2
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Oh I saw a trailer for that and completely forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder

• Like Like x 2
  3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Is it on F/X or Hulu only? I buy a 25.00 gift card for Hulu every once in awhile. I am looking forward to getting one in April and get into this show.

Not sure but I don't think F/X carries it?? I get F/X and I'd have DVR it if on there.

Son of a *****!!! Thought it was Hulu only and see it is on F/X. I just hit record all episodes but I see I missed 3 of them which means I will have to put up with dreaded commercials:(

• Like Like x 1
  4. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    I only watch it on Hulu, sorry. Better late than never :biggrin:

• Like Like x 2
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I watched the original one back in the 80s ,and loved it . I'm DVRing the new ones now. I will watch as soon as they are done so I can watch all at once. Did You watch the original mini series back in the day, and if so ....how does it compare??

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    I saw them, but barely remember them. My dad loved that miniseries though, so it must have been pretty good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You know when I look it up I find one place shows a made for TV movie, and one shows a Mini Series. ....all with the same cast.:shrug: I only remember the Mini Series, but maybe they kicked it off with the movie. All I know is I'm excited to watch the New one as soon as I get them all.

8. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I barely remember the Richard Chamberlain one. But from what I remember, this one is far superior visually. I'm only 1.5 episodes in, but that's my initial impression.

From a few things I read, they changed a few "problematic" stereotype things from the novel and earlier mini series, but it's still not going for real historical accuracy in favor of story either. Some tropes are just too fun l guess.

• Like Like x 3
  9. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    What is your thought process on waiting until all are loaded??? Do you have a TV watching marathon for many hours? I no longer can watch anything for longer then 2 hours straight. Even most movies I want to watch I break them in two. I do love Netflix for putting up whole seasons. That way I can watch a series in a 5-6 days. Waiting each week can be annoying. I sure the hell wish "From" was a Netflix series. Now that might make me watch in one day:)

Still no release date for season 3:( I was reading some BS from the creator of show that this season will be worse for residents then last.

We had to wait on a tree to be removed on the road along with a few other cars. You can imagine first thought in my head. I was telling it to my fellow travelers and they got leery of me. Needless to say, no one knew what the hell I was talking about.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I just like being able to just sit, and watch them, and only them. Even if I only do one a night, or every other night.
    My Sister in Law said she heard that they are going to do From, but the writing strike slowed it down

Last edited: Mar 13, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I feel like such an old-man watching Shogun because I can't tell any of these young women apart. Maybe just an old American?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So I finally have all of them, and will start watching after the draft is over .

13. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    The last I checked From is due out this summer

14. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    You can do both at the same time.