1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Shocked Porter is the only coach gone

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BK99, Jan 5, 2019.

1. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    So am I but not for the same reason you are. I'm confused at all the attitude and snarkyness ( is that a word or does my vocabulary need work as well):smiley1: as of late especially. I'm confused because we are all Steeler fans and we are all clearly upset about the season we just suffered through. I just don't understand why we all can't be a bit more civil in our responses. Our locker room might be in worse shape than the Steelers right about now..
    We're all here for the same reason because we love our team. We're here to discuss,laugh and hopefully learn a thing or two we might not know. I just think it's easier to learn when people aren't shoving it in your face and following it up with a insult.
    Most of what we discuss is opinion,mixed in with a little fact. The sooner the people who pretend to be experts and are also hell bent on being right understand that, we can have friendlier and more productive conversations. A opinion is just that a opinion. Agree or disagree with someone's ? Can't it be done respectfully? I think so and for the most part they are. If you can't counter a opinion in a respectful way,then you should just move along. I'll admit that I might be a little sensitive at times but I can also take a joke with the best of them. What I don't appreciate is being talked down to by anyone with a superiority complex. Blast said it best a few months ago when he said" we should talk to each other like the person is sitting across from you" that's a sign of respect we all should get the benefit of until proven otherwise.

Another thing that bothers me some is when someone interjects in a thread just to complain about the thread itself . All it does is create friction within the thread and then it turns into a **** show. If you don't agree with the context or placement of a thread just move past it. It doesn't benefit anyone to stop by just to complain about it. There is a reason why we have moderators that do a great job of keeping this place in check. Let them do their jobs. If anyone has a problem with anything here just PM a mod. and I'm sure it will be handled promptly and properly.TTF has given us a great home and anyone who remembers our previous option, the **** hole that it was ,should be thankful for what he has built here. Let's interact,voice our opinions, respect others,learn and laugh. Why try to ruin a good thing :shrug:

• Winner Winner x 4
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Whatever pumpkin. Keep trying to convince yourself you know what you're talking about :lolol:

Bell is a greedy pot head selfish prick who was only lowballed in your small mind.

[​IMG]

3. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

ST-ILL-ERS FAN Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Facts trump being butthurt

Attached Files:

4. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Just some internet bully that thinks he is the smartest guy in the room but doesn't know who to use the quote function.

No worries.

5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You live in alternative facts.

6. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

And my wife thanks you all too cause she already says I have full conversations with myself.........could you imagine what would happen if I didn't have you guys............:roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    Something is either true or its not...thats why i back up my statements with links....where were yours?? All you do is deflect and put out analogies that make zero sense hoping you might get the sympathy of similar butthurt fans.

8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Stillers fan is a slow learner. he's been banned a couple times but doesn't seem to get the message. So I figured I'd try talking down to him the way he talks to everyone else, see how he likes it. I doubt he'll get it, seems to just be his nature. Internet tough guys are a dime a dozen. Think I saw where he has been a Steelers fan since the 70's and still hasn't figured out how to talk to people after al this time. Sad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    You mad bro???

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  10. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I know the feeling trust me...

11. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    Ill give you a chance to redeem yourself and prove that you're not a hypocrite. You prove it and ill ban myself permanently from this site....you made the statement below. Show me links or proof where you got this from. Enlist the services of your buddies if you like:

"Bell wanted all his guarantee money up front"

12. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

This is a very good post I have posted similar stuff in other threads, nothing this elaborate. I really believe this season have been pretty hard on all of us...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    :guitarplayer::smiley1::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  14. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I have a proposal to solve this. We should get together once a year on a neutral site and have the Know it alls vs The Dummies. I'm clearly on the dummy side.:thumbs_up: Go head to head in some tackle football. What did Lawrence Taylor say in that video against the Jets. " That'll cool your ass off" or something :smiley1:. I'm definitely down to release some frustration. :zwin:

• Like Like x 1
  15. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    Yeah i kinda thought you would laugh it off.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

mean machine, mean machine, mean machine. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    If we did that, I prefer a game of squash, Philo Beddoe style. :stogie:

18. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I have no idea what that is. Told you I'm on the dummies

19. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    is that squash or squish?

ok the dummies get butler as their coach and the know it alls get MT. oh too late the clock has run out and butler was fired mid game. :cool:

20. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I am all in but I am a long way from my wr/db days I am now more like oline/dt!!!!!! Of course I can still throw the ball but I don't want none of the alltime QB stuff I like contact..........:rawk:

21. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Question is....will you practice on Wednesday

22. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Hell no......practice.......did you say practice??????

• Like Like x 1
  23. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    “Who?”

• Like Like x 1
  24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    [​IMG]

You don't know Philo Beddoe? Right turn Clyde??? This is Beddoe...

[​IMG]

25. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012