1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Shocked Porter is the only coach gone

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BK99, Jan 5, 2019.

1. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

ST-ILL-ERS FAN Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    You only say thay because im taking his side. You wouldnt say that if it was opposite. You dont like it just dont respond. Besides he wasnt the only one i mentioned in my initial post, but you said nothing about that. Somebody replied to my statement and i replied back and ill continue to do so.

2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Let it go man nobody cares anymore.

3. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    They care...youre going to see just how much they care come March

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Take a pill man. Old news.

5. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    We'll see

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    If you need a shoulder i"m here for you.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    Not my loss...its the organizations. Maybe you can start a grieving group among fans and staff. Im one of the more level headed fans. Not a homer like yourself. You see how we just keep on with this conversation? See... you cant even let it go.

8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Not the Rooneys first rodeo. They have proven that they are the cream of the crop in the NFL when it comes to maintaining a winning organization.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I mentioned Spence because you seem to think the Steelers are some horrible organization that treats its players like garbage and only honored Shaziers contract because it would have made them look bad. Would have been easy peezy to cut Spence, a rookie that no other team would have kept after that injury.They did it because they liked the kid and wanted to do right by him.

Your golf analogy does sound stupid, yes. We agree on something.

Nobody structures contracts like that, players union would have a field day with it. Thats a nice fantasy you have about how they strung him along though but in reality it was just risk/reward assessment. Thats not low balling its smart business decision making.

The Steelers didn't release squat, nice try. They don't reveal that information. You'd only know what they offered if Bell would have signed. I'd wager the contract details came from Bells camp. Maybe they told the truth maybe they didn't. We'll never know.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  11. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Nobody cares about Lev Bell any more. We'd have been 12-4 without him this year if the coaching staff had any competence at all.

12. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    That's right. I made the same point but I couldn't remember the game it happened in. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  13. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Who?

• Like Like x 1
  14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Dude you’re hijacking this thread with this Bell nonsense that nobody cares about anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    Another thread was started within the last week dealing with him specifically, and his name is mentioned in at least 20 other posts since Sunday morning not having to do with this one! Sorry, you're wrong again. Oh and by the way, i didnt hijack anything. I mentioned his name once among a myriad of things to show why certain players and coaches are likely to return. Yourself and comrades decided to focus on bell and never addressed any of the other things. Now, im the one hijacking the thread :rolleyes:??? You shouldnt feed the troll

17. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    You should issue warnings for feeding the troll:

I mentioned Spence because you seem to think the Steelers are some horrible organization that treats its players like garbage and only honored Shaziers contract because it would have made them look bad. Would have been easy peezy to cut Spence, a rookie that no other team would have kept after that injury.They did it because they liked the kid and wanted to do right by him.

Im pretty sure it had far less to to do with them wanting to do right by Spence and more so because his contract was a drop in the bucket and he was a third rd pick. What do you do with the fact that 2 other teams signed and played him after the fact??

Dont, put words in my mouth. I never said they were a horrible organization, but i dont wear black and gold sunglasses either. Fact is it would have been a PR nightmare had they released Shazier and decided not to pay out the last year of his contract! You still said nothing about the Mike Mitchell release

Your golf analogy does sound stupid, yes. We agree on something.

Your denying something doesnt make it not true. Numbers dont lie and history backs up my analogy, and not just with golf. Further proof that you live in a world of bias and delusion with your black and gold sunglasses on.

Nobody structures contracts like that,

Structures contracts like what?? You mean injury related only guaranteed contracts?? Looks like you're wrong again. More proof that you're just shooting from the hip hoping you'll get something right.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...breakthrough-in-guaranteed-nfl-contracts/amp/

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/73449/how-do-contracts-work-glad-you-asked

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bu...ly-guarantee-clause-in-buffalo-bills-contract

https://www.google.com/amp/s/overthecap.com/voiding-of-guarantees/amp/

players union would have a field day with it. Thats a nice fantasy you have about how they strung him along though but in reality it was just risk/reward assessment. Thats not low balling its smart business decision making.

How is it smart when they were left with 15 mil involuntarily in cap space on the table and couldnt do anything with it to improve their team??... and ultimately will get no compensation for Bell arguably the best running back in the league???? Explain to me on what planet that makes sense or was smart business decision making??

The Steelers didn't release squat, nice try. They don't reveal that information.

They don't reveal what information??? Make sure you do your research first if you dare respond back, because thats clearly something you dont do.

You'd only know what they offered if Bell would have signed. I'd wager the contract details came from Bells camp. Maybe they told the truth maybe they didn't. We'll never know.

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    @ST-ILL-ERS FAN

I see you vomited mess onto my screen. Might want to work on that quote feature. Since I don't feel like fixing it, I'll just try to address some of your many wrong talking points.

All those links prove nothing. Probably hoping people wouldn't read them. So let me gets this straight, Bell who turned down a rolling guarantee contract is suddenly going to accept one now? Because otherwise what the hell are you babbling about? Bell wanted all his guarantee money up front, are you suggesting they could have worded a contract that he'd have to pay it back if he failed a drug test? Yeah thats funny.

It's smart business because paying a putz that can't lay off weed 45 million up front is incredibly risky and dumb. They now have all that cap space to use next season. It doesn't evaporate you know.

Right, you don't think they are horrible, just incapable of doing the right thing with Spence and Shazier.

I haven't addressed Mitchel because its stupid.

And the golf analogy is still stupid. Just because you believe it isn't doesn't mean it's not.

Both Ray Fittipaldo and Ed Bouchette have said that Steelers don't release contract negotiations. Only when the contract has been finalized, which Bells obviously wasn't. But you want us to believe that an upstanding organization released only part of the negotiations just to make a player look bad. Tell me again how you don't think they are a horrible organization? You really hold them in a positive light :lolol:

Maybe I have black and gold goggles on but you have your Bell man crush goggles on. He's a doofus and he's gone. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Why are you posting this to NY Steelerfans thread :scratch:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Dirty,scratched or fogged up goggles :shrug::hehehe:

• Like Like x 1
  21. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    See MT has torn this forum apart. Time to fire that make a wish ball boy immediately.:cool:

22. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    Your responses clearly show you 1) don't pay attention....a contract where most of the guaranteed money is included in a rolling guaranteed structure is exactly what bell wont accept and contrary to what you think you dont have to pay all of the fully guaranteed money up front. I mean do you seriously think the Vikings paid all of their 84 fully guaranteed money to Cousins up front??? 2) are in clear denial of the truth ....the Steelers have a problem with making exceptions on paying anybody...even stars, and will lowball them on a take it or leave it option. Its understood you cant pay everybody on a team full of talent so somebodys gonna get the short end of the stick. Just dont act like the lowballing didnt happen. 3) arent willing to educate yourself so you dont continously look like an idiot and uninformed and will tell others not to do so. You dont want to know and dont want others to know. 4) you're in complete denial of facts that the Steelers camp didnt put the info out there about the Le'Veon Bell contract 5) i wouldnt say Im as much a leveon fan boy as i am a guy who looks at things straight down the middle. We're talking business not favorites and business is business. 6) Bell's a doofus but the Steelers organization not only left 15 mil out there they couldnt use, but also wont get any compensation for him. Im trying to figure out who's truly the doofus in this scenario or if you even know what a doofus is ?? or perhaps you need to work on your vocabulary since you clearly dont know what low balling is?? We'll see in March just how much of a doofus he is though.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sb...t-steelers-offer-guaranteed-money-free-agency

Ian Rappaport and Adam Schefter were both releasing info that clearly made Bell to look like the bad guy. There not pulling this info out of just anywhere. Once again the Steelers organization has had every opportunity to deny it as the figures are everywhere...why havent they??? Provide links where ray fittipaldo and ed bouchette denied that the Steelers released that information....i'll wait.

23. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    Because it was my prerogative to do so. You're afraid if its seen enough people might actually begin to believe it??

24. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

I am confused

25. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    we know but we talk to you anyway. :lolol::smiley1::cool:

• Like Like x 2