1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Shefty on Wallace

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Coastal Steeler, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Shefty says no one wants to give up a first round pick for Wallace. That works for me. I think with Brown playing like he is, Wallace will be back on the long ball more than ever next year. I hope we can work a trifecta on Wallace/Brown and Sanders next year. Win/Show and place. :swordsman:

2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think the fact they don't get Wallace under a new contract this year will really hurt the team, because I think Brown and Sanders contract will come up right around the same time next year?

I don't know if it is smart to have to negotiate with them all at once, even if the salary cap goes up, and especially if they all come off big years?

3. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    This is where (Omar) Khan works his magic!

[​IMG]

4. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
  5. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    They have to get Wallace signed this year, to have him and Brown both be free agents next year is going to be killer. I'm glad Colbert and Khan have to crunch these numbers and not me.

6. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
    One of them will walk next season. OR we could sign one and franchise the other.

7. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    what is our cap looking like this time next year, anyone know?

8. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

I think you're right I saw an article a few weeks ago saying that this year, as we all know, Wallace is a RFA, and next year Brown and Sanders will both be RFA's as well. We have to sign Wallace to a deal before next season

9. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    why ? we can tender a first round brown and sanders next year too

10. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
    And franchise Wallace if we want to.

11. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Then Brown and Sanders could be stolen by another team and be more willing to accept another teams offer....since they will have seen how the Steelers have handled Wallace. NO THX. This year the Steelers may lose only Wallace, I dont want Brown AND Sanders in that boat next year.

12. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Brown will get the first rd tender and sanders the third nobody will give that up for them

13. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Every team would or should give up a 3rd for Sanders. I'd give up a 2nd.

14. truckin9999

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm sorry, my crystal ball doesn't work that good for me... Can I borrow yours? :hehehe:

15. NM Steelers Fan

NM Steelers Fan Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Forgive me possibly sounding ignorant, but with no one beeating down the door to get Wallace, what does the league know that maybe I don't? Stats wise he was awsome. Some say he is a one trick pony. I'm starting to think we just need to let him go next year (if he doesn't leave this year), and keep Brown and Sanders. That should work, wouldn't it?

16. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I agree. I think he is a burner and has alot of talent but in my estimation he is as good as he is going to get. I prefer to have Brown and I predict brown will finish his career as a Steeler

Wallace is a one trick pony as Tomlin so eloquently pointed out.

BMan

17. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    The league knows that if they sign any other WR, they get to keep their first round pick. Forfeiting a 1st round pick for a player should only be done if you are a Super Bowl contender and this player is the "missing piece." Teams that should give it serious thought are NE and SF, in my opinion. But everybody knows he will be very expensive, and to spend 50+ million dollars on a guy that has never played on your team and give up a first round pick is something that is very very risky, no matter how good he is. A lot of people think Antonio Brown is better. Okay, so suppose next offseason he wants $50 million. Okay, something to think about. Now pretend you have to give up your first round draft pick just to keep him, and there's no guarantee he will be the player he has been in the past, because he'll have a completely different team around him. To me that's an easy call. No way. Now, if the guy is Mike Wallace and my team can throw a great deep ball and needs a deep threat to put us over the top, it might be a tough call. But geez, it's so much to ask that we should all be impressed it's even a possibility!

In any case, I hope we don't decide what we should do based on what other teams do. That would make us the other teams.

18. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah, but he was being sarcastic.

19. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Well sarcastic or not thats how I feel so I guess my opinion is still the same lol

Bman

20. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I think teams especially the pats will pay high for Brown. He is Welker version 2.0

21. bigdaddyK

bigdaddyK Well-Known Member

Feb 29, 2012
    First Sanders has to stay healthy to get paid.

The cap is due to go up alot in 2014 when the tv contracts go into affect. Brown to m seems very level headed and wont make a money grab he should get close what garrcon got this year from Washington. Wallace thinks he is worth between the 2 Jacksons and I dont think they pay him that in fact i would rather him play on his 2.7 tender this year Franchise next around 10 see if he developes into a complete wr ove the next 2 seasons while i am paying him 6 mill per.

22. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    The cap goes up next year as well as the 89% rule.

23. truckin9999

Oct 16, 2011
    Adam Schefter
    New England Patriots announced the signing of unrestricted free agent wide receiver Anthony Gonzalez today.

This may knock them out of the Wallace sweepstakes.

ADDED INFO 8:24PM est 3/17/12
    And there's a second wideout added: Patriots have reached agreement with free-agent wide receiver Brandon Lloyd.

24. 322 Steeler Fan

322 Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I do not get the love for Sanders

He IS, again IS unproven. I see some potential, but he has not consistently played.

25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Because the guy can totally play. He just needs to stay on the field, seems to have the injury bug.