1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Shazier ??

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Brews Crew, Oct 7, 2016.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Shazier wasn't missed he played in the Eagles game and the defense got torched. They won both games he missed and held both teams to under 17 points, the defense is going to give up plays underneath as long as they don't give up the big play.

2. Aerosteel

Aerosteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Can't argue with that. Williams has played like a man on a mission during Shazier's absence.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    They didn't miss Heyward in the second half of the Jets game. They gave up a lot of yards in the first half, but then buckled down when he went to the locker room... Heyward played in the Eagles game too!

Winning a game doesn't mean they didn't miss an injured player.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    That's twice Heyward has been hurt this year. Fragile!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2016
    The Eagles game was on the offense in my opinion. Lets face it the Steelers money has went in that direction lately, and if you have that kind of line and qb you can't put 3 points at tat point there aren't to many Defenses that are going to look very good. Look at the T.O.P the defense was on the field way to often. The Offense is our strong point, that's really hard to say, but it is, and we go as they go. And they did not go that game. I love Vince, don't get me wrong, but he cannot cover Gronk. Shazier can. Maybe I am a bit too much of a fan, but I think he is crazy good, and I don't think we can stop great teams without Shazier, Golden, and Williams playing ball.

6. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Yeah. We're too talented on offense to be putting up only 3 points on anyone. This team is built to score points and have the defense just keep the other team out of the end zone. That's fine. It's worked well so far.

Like you said, the only way we can beat the best teams (DEN, NE) is to have our playmakers out there making plays. Ultimately our season will be defined by how we perform in the post season, so NE in a few weeks will be a good test. Getting a win against them could go a long way in playoff seeding in the future

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mcgee

Mcgee Active Member

Oct 2, 2016
    Like that idea a lot. Has the speed to play anywhere including safety.

8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I have said it before and our defense feeds off our offense and vice versa. When our D gets a turnover or big stop usually our offense gets hot. When our offense is stalling and our D is getting torched usually morale just dies and its game over.

9. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    th.jpg