1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Shazier placed on reserve/pup list

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, May 2, 2018.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

No surprise here. Originally I misunderstood this, thought this meant they were giving him the chance to play this season but he'll be inactive for the year.

Was awesome seeing him walk but that still looked like a long road to full recovery.

2. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Just now????????????

3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
  4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I believe they were waiting to get some clarity from the league about his status as it affects the 90 man roster. They were assuming he counted and we're just carrying 89 active players. The move today is being reported as not counting against the 90 man limit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    and we also have a new guy I forgot his name...it's a long one. It's part of some NFL international program so we can have 91....

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.c...ad-due-to-nfls-player-pathway-program-news-uk

Found the link....

6. Jmos3

Jmos3 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2017
  7. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    yeah the brother had a difficult time walking onto the stage to announce the 1st round pick. Not happening this year.

The reality is, with that injury, he could never see the field again. He's seen great strides, but we're talking the NFL here. He most likely will never re-gain full capacity, but I love his spirit and you can't quit fighting.

I like how the Steelers are being supportive of him. I personally don't believe he's going to lace them up again, and maybe it's best for him and his family that he doesn't.

Spinal injuries are not something you play with.

8. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011