1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Shannon Sharpe Views Us As The 3rd or 4th Best Team In The AFC

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers89, Nov 9, 2018.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I like this and as each game goes but I hope we stay 2-3-4 ish as imo we play so much better when people don't rank us as a #1 team. And for the record if the Cheats beat us this season I would gladly give up a regular season win for a Playoff win over them.......I would love to see both however!!!!!

2. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    It’s just some former jocks opinion.I probably agree with him to some point but we are a different team than in September.Closed the gap considerably and right up there with the Chiefs and Patriots.Maybe this year is the year the Pats don’t own us as by just sheer numbers we are due!!!

3. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Shannon is an egotistical rump roast, though my guesstimation is 4th at present.

4. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I don't disagree with that. They probably are the 3rd best in the AFC at the moment. Chiefs have lost one game, the Pats beat the Chiefs but have two losses. We have lost to KC, and have yet to play New England.

So I'd say in Shannon's defense, that probably accurate at the moment.

But, there is no doubt the defense has improved from weeks 1-4. I like our chances in a KC rematch, and I think we can compete with NE (throw out the past history stuff out the window with NE) I'm telling you we can compete against New England. We competed with them last year, and had new rules been in effect with catching a football, we would have beat them.

5. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    We were horrible when we played the Chiefs. At the moment, we are running smooth. If we had the Pats game next, we would probably win. How good we are goes up and down, so yeah we are inconsistent.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    The bengals and ravens games looked close but we dominated them as well

7. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    never like thannon tharpe . I agree with the op .. We are not the same team and I would say we have improved as a team moreso then either the chefs or cheatriots

• Like Like x 1
  8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Someone let Shannon know;

"It's a five star match-up cause we in it!"

9. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers are still 3rd until they prove they can beat the Patriots and rightfully so. Titans and Texans are improving... Colts, too. AFC South will be a log jam for 6th seed for the 2 teams who don't win the divison as of now. Chargers will get the 5.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    What's the problem? Chiefs look unbeatable right now. The Patriots own us. The chargers are looking damn good. The Texans also look legit. 3rd or 4th place sounds about right. We've played 3 teams with a winning record and are 2-1 against them.

You do recall that we tied the Browns and lost to the Ravens and Chiefs? We barely got over Tampa Bay and Cinci had us beat until they realized they were the Bengals in the last 60 seconds of the game. Right now it's looking like we turned things around and righted the ship but it's hardly time to anoint us... maybe we're the best in the laughable AFC North. Lets not forget we've played the 3-6-1 Browns x 2, 3-6 TampaBay, 4-5 Ravens x 2, 4-5 ATL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I was just watching NFL Network and sharpe said the chiefs and Steelers were the only teams that could compete against the patriots.

12. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Sharpe is wrong. I can see Texans or Titans beating the Patriots. Titans have already proven it and if Watson brings his A game....Texans can beat the Patriots.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Texans have a greater chance of beating the pats lol

It’s psychological at this point

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Steven Leonard

Steven Leonard Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2017
    I know you can't stand that the Steelers are winning and I'm sure that you can't wait for the next loss so you can continue your Tomlin hating agenda. If you can't just enjoy the way the Steelers are playing and have turned their season around, but choose to dwell on the negative than what's the use of even watching.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    He's right though. I love that we're winning, but we just destroyed a good but not great team while they were the visiting team on a Thursday night game. It's impressive, but it far from proves we're SB contenders. We have some serious competition coming up. The games vs NO, NE and SD will tell us what kind of team we are. We don't need to win them all of course, but we need to show that we can compete against them. We still have plenty to prove.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Yep. I’ll believe it when I see it.

NO just beat a team on the road that was desperate and they murdered them.

17. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Yep the Texans are a lot like us when it come to the Cheats, we both can beat them when we are on but at this point imo it is a mental game. This could be the year we see the "mighty" cheats come back to the rest of us.......:beg::beg::beg:

18. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

#shocking

19. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I actually think the Pats are done. For once I agree with Max Kellerman (of all people). Brady cant throw anything other than dinks and dunks between the hashes. They have zero playmakers. The defense is also pretty bad.

Que the "well they beat the Chiefs".

Chiefs also have an atrocious defense. The Patriots also lost to the freaking Lions.

If the Steelers dont beat the Patriots this year, they literally NEVER will in this current era.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
  21. rmorphy

rmorphy Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Sounds about right to me, the Chargers are playing great also.

22. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Chiefs
    Chargers
    Pats
    Steelers
    Texans
    Titans

Saints
    Rams
    Bears
    Vikings
    Panthers
    Redskins

Those are my rankings with the top 5

Saints
    Chiefs
    Rams
    Chargers
    Steelers

I think we are better than patriots but until we beat them...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Chargers are starting to make me nervous. They are under the radar and keep winning.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    They've had a relatively easy schedule, I will say that. Still, they're playing well and look dangerous.

25. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    He picked us preseason last yr to go to the sb.