1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Shane Ray Cited For Marijuana This Morning

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    This. Which is what everyone is questioning when things like Ray getting caught happen, not that they smoke weed, just that they have poor judgement. Eventually it will rear it's ugly head again.

2. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    And I'd clear the way for you.

A good number of these guys are dumbasses, so I'd rather take one that's good than one who isn't.

3. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Injured, might need surgery, who knows when he could contribute. It's not like the defense has any injury issues, missed time, so they can have him sit and wait. No sense of urgency to get an immediate starter from the 1st. The defense is sitting pretty. :facepalm:

I could care less who smokes weed but the injury concern is a pass for me. We have enough banged up players on defense, don't need another.

4. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Fixed for you

5. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011

good point :applaud:

6. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011

depends on what kind of injurie is .. if is a turf toe ,, i would pass , if is a sure recovery one we can wait septmember with harrison and jj starting

7. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I am seeing reports that they expect Ray to now go in the 4th round. IF that happens and he slides to us in the 4th round....wow, that would tough to pass on, but I bet he ends up a Bengal in round 4.

8. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    I saw this thread last night on my phone but never got around to commenting about it.

It absolutely blows my mind how stupid some people are. Like someone said above, 3 days before THE biggest day of your LIFE, and you do this. unf'ingbelievable

That said, as far as drafting him, if he were still available in the 2nd, it'd be hard to pass on him!

9. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up a Bengal in round 1.

10. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't recall, what was Vontaze Burfick's pre-draft drama? He was having a pretty good career up until last year's injury bug.

11. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I'm not entirely sure, it could have been just that he was a hothead. I don't know if drugs were ever an issue.

12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    The more I think about it, I would probably not take Ray at 22. Too much risk, and too many needs to be addressed. In the 2nd I think he's a no brainer unless we take an edge guy in the 1st. I am not buying the 4th round comment by Domenich. There is too much talent for him to sink that low unless there's even more that we're not hearing IMO.

13. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    It was a myriad of things. Fights w/teammates, discipline concerns, injury concerns, a rumored failed drug test just before the draft. That's what I can recall anyway.

14. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Assuming this is his only character flag and his medical checks out, I'd take him at 22. I just don't see him dropping the way some out there are saying.

That said, Ray has his flaws on the field, and there are other guys I see who could be better all around picks for what the Steelers do, assuming things won't change much.

15. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Granted he was charged with misdemeanor possession, but was released to drive because he wasn't found to be impaired, he's looking at a fine but no jail time, but it still sends up a red flag to those teams that had him high on their draft board, and like Warren Sapp, he will drop a few spots in the draft......

16. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i'm scared more about the injurie .. i read is a turf toe .. could be a big problem ..

17. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    On Sirius this AM, they said that he also had a failed drug test at Missouri that NFL teams have been aware of, and may have asked him about in interviews. If that's true, he's already had a scare and had to explain to teams why he's now safe - and then this bombshell hits. I love the player on tape, but I'm getting cold feet about investing a 1st round pick in the person.

18. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    He just went grocery shopping for his mom.....:roflmao:

19. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    If we were to take one of the Pothead Twins, I would prefer Gregory.

Ray is more of a pure pass rusher but can get pushed around against the run. Gregory is pretty good a both. I like that option better.

20. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Bill Pollian just said he would take Gregory completly off his board..... ,Is it just me or does it seem like more first rounders come with more baggage, than usual, , Petters, ,Gregory, Ray, ,Williams, ,Collens (LSU).... ,I'M starting to think we may trade back a few spots,

21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Makes me think of an article I read today and Coberts thoughts denouncing the games played at draft time.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...kevin-colbert-denounces-nfl-draft-leaks-teams

22. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    :this!:

23. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    When was the last time we traded down in the 1st round?

24. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Too long ago, that's for sure. Good time to start, eh?

25. Badboy212

Badboy212 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    After all this, I still don't see him lasting past the 1st Rd. He's just too good. If he falls to 22 would we take him? Guess we will see. Read earlier he will be attending the draft in person, and sitting in the green rom waiting for his name to be called. Over/under how many times they show him on camera as he slides down the board?