1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Shamarko Thomas Progression

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TsteelCity, Nov 3, 2014.

1. TsteelCity

TsteelCity Member

Oct 5, 2014
    I heard a lot this summer about how the coaches love him and how special he could be, Troy even took him to California to workout together.

But everytime there is a chance for him whether it be this past summer in camp, or last night with Troy's injury we don't see him. My question: is he progressing as quick/much as we would hope? :scratch:

2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    He was injured for several weeks and then managed a new injury last night. I guess we'll know the severity tomorrow afternoon.

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    What he said. Injuries have kept him down.

4. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
  5. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
  6. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
  7. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Shamarko would've played if he wasn't injured again. Could miss this weeks game vs the Jets too.

I would love to see Ike come back, although our depth has really stepped up. Ike could be the #2 corner with McCain manning the slot. If he struggles, we always have Blake to turn to. I'm just glad we won't be one injury away from 28 being on the field again.

8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Ike may still have some form of a cast on which would hinder his ability to catch the ball. Oh, never mind...

9. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I disagree. Were playing pretty good right now without Cortez back there, don't screw up a good thing. Ike Taylor is just not very good. He gets beat as much as Cortez does. Let him sit on the bench unless our current guys can't get the job done.

10. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    :this!:

11. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Is he ahead of Allen on the depth chart? I would assume so but Allen is a solid player.

12. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I disagree as well but Taylor is LeBeau's boy so don't be surprised if he is starting when he comes back. I would not mess with the continuity we have with Gay, McCain and Blake. And Ike has not been missed as far as i'm concerned. And what to do with Cortez Allen? Guess we will see this week if he can crack the line up. If not, his progress has gone from bad to worse.
    I had high hopes for Thomas. It's unfortunate that he is injury prone. With Troy being injured they are bringing in a safety for a look see.

13. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    If I am not mistken I think its policy after injury for players to return to their position. Thought I recalled Tomlin saying a number of years ago that players do not lose their starting job due to injury when they are healthy again.

14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    When Ike comes back, he will certainly start. If he does not play well, I don't think they wait long to make a change.

15. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree with most of this. I think Ike starts and plays most snaps the rest of the season, unless he is so atrociously bad that they just can't ignore the problem. Our coaching staff tend to stick with veterans through thick and thin. I don't want Ike to play because I just don't think he's any good, but he will play

16. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Agreed. Not sure who's serving the Kool-Aid around here, but how quickly they forget Ike 'PI call every other play' Taylor.

17. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    I don't know about that. Cortez's problem is not that he gets beat so much, but that he's been terrible at the point of attack. Also, just because we're winning doesn't mean that the secondary has been playing lights out. They have been ho hum in my opinion. The difference lately has been the front 7 getting more pressure than they have been. Throwing Ike back in there won't make much of a difference (good or bad) as long as our front 7 continues to play at a high level.

18. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Yeah. Allen is listed as the back up FS while Shark is listed at back up SS. Allen can play both though, so we were fine even with Shamarko hurt again