1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Sepulveda Expendable

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by traceman, Dec 5, 2011.

1. traceman

traceman Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Kapinos seems to be doing a very good job with the punting. Does this mean the end for Sepulveda?
    We can't afford to pay him to stay on IR continually.

2. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    yeah, i think he'll be gone once he comes off IR

3. PDXSteelers

PDXSteelers Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Sure Kapinos had a good game, but I want them to keep Sep. He will be very good for years to come and he can even tackle, if needed. With the right rehab, I am hopefully he will be fully healed.

4. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    We have been saying this for 3 years and he gets injured half way though the season. I say keep Kapinos and let Sep walk, he was a good punter but how many knee surgerys does it take before you say enough? Thank him for his service and let him go.

5. DDinAZsteel1

DDinAZsteel1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I have supported Spe from day 1. But, it's time to move on. Can't stay on the field so he definitely should not be paid what he's getting paid. Kapinos seems to be kicking it well.

6. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    :this!:

7. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I've supported him all along too. I still prefer him to Kapinos, although I don't mind Kapinos at all. Do you know what they are getting paid? It is a tough call with a good player who can't stay healthy. If there's a "bright side" to his injury, however, it should be noted that the ligament he hurt in years past is still fine, and it's a different one he hurt this time. But maybe that's not a good thing after all... Anyway, might as well bring him back for the preseason next year and see what happens.

8. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Expendable along with Sushiam

9. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    isn't the same knee and ligaments that keep on tearing? Sounds like an ongoing problem.

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't think I ever remember any punter being hurt as much as Sep. Seems to be one of those injury prone players who can never stay healthy. As much as it sucks to say, think they have to let him go, got lucky being able to get Kapinos back, probably won't be so lucky again.

11. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    sep we love you but you got to go...you get hurt too much

12. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Kapinos has always played at a high level with us, and @ PSU. I wish we could make him our starter for the years to come.
    I do like the way Sepulveda punts, but he's not been healthy since 2nd year in college.

Hope we had the same dilemma at K...

13. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Completely agree!

14. Aerosteel

Aerosteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    If you can't punt the ball 4 or 5 times a game without getting injured, then its time to go.

15. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I've always been a fan of Sep, but the dude is just injured too much. Luckily, Kapinos is a solid kicker. As others have said, it's time to move on and thank him for his time as a Steeler.

16. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Keep Kap get rid of Sep.....Easy choice!!!

17. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Kapinos actually won the job in training camp. Sep should have been given his walking papers then.

18. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Sep is a class act. After games when leaving the stadium, Sep would stop his car and sign his autograph for my son; did it on two different occasions. Not all our players do. Many would speed past without slowing down, but not Sep. I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for him. :applaud:

19. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    If I signed a card for your kid should I be on the STEELERS roster too......Its great to have players willing to sign but just because they sign doesnt make them good!!

20. sologig

sologig Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2011

atleast he didn't kick him in the balls

21. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    HUH????

22. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    :confused: Did he say he should be on the roster? His point was that he's a class act. That's all he said. And no one (no one that's correct, anyway) ever said Sep is not good. He's a sad case of a good player with one terrible knee. I don't quite understand the mid-season hate for the guy. Seems like a really weird time for it. We can worry about what to do with him after the season. This guy had a nice story.

23. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    You're all forgetting just how beautifully Sep can throw the ball on the punt fakes. Almost Tebow-esque with its grace.

24. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I was backing sep from day one but I thought kap out punted him in the preseason.Now if we can only replace suisham.

25. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011

I said he was a "class act" and not all professional athletes are, including many members of our own team. Sorry that one flew over your head.