1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Senior Bowl

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by HugeSnack, Jan 28, 2012.

1. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Post your thoughts here about the Senior Bowl. Who did you like for the Steelers? Who surprised you? Who disappointed you? I just started watching it myself but I'm not sure how carefully I'll be paying attention.

2. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    GB_Steel, I'm only 5 minutes into the game, but I noticed the fullback from Wisconson, Bradie Ewing. What are your thoughts on this guy? Obviously I've only seen a handful of plays, but so far he's made nothing but good blocks, showing good technique and turning his man away from the play. I know the competition isn't the same as in the NFL, but I haven't seen blocking like that in years from a Steeler fullback. Was he any kind of star this year, at least as fullbacks go?

I'm not above spending a low draft pick on a fullback if he's very good. Knowing how good Kreider turned out to be, I would have spent a 2nd rounder on him. And if we don't draft one I'm fine with just scouring the UDFA market and seeing if one pops up there. But anyway, I'll be watching this guy, as well as the guy on the South for the rest of this game.

3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Man I really hope we find a way to get this guy ,he looks like just what the doctor ordered. He looks like a excellent blocker and just made a nice catch too. I was a huge Patrick Ewing fan and would love to be able to get a Steeler jersey with EWING on the back. :yeehaw:

4. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Man I thought the kid from Arkansas...adams I think his name was looked good

5. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I like the kid from Washington, NT Alameda Ta'amu. Looks agressive and has a nasty attitude we could use in the middle of our defense.

6. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I think Bradie Ewing can be everything BA wanted David Johnson to be. From what I saw of him this year he didn't appear to be a true sledgehammer fullback, but more of an all-around threat with good blocking capability. Possibly a Jimmy Kleinsasser part II with a tad more athleticism. Not too shabby for a late round pick, if you ask me!

I'll have to see if the NFL Netowrk is going to replay the Senior Bowl so that I can see how he did.