1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Seems Warren Sapp Agrees About Myles Garrett

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by AskQuestionsLater, Apr 23, 2017.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
  2. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah I wouldn't use the same language that Sapp is using, but I see a relatively high bust/underwhelming career when I look at Garrett.

Fair it not, he is going to the Browns. I'm sorry but that counts for something. He is going to a culture of losing. For a guy with a waning attitude at the best of times, I don't think it will take much for him to lose interest and passion.

I don't see him as good as Clowney or Mario Williams. I really don't even see that much of a difference between Garrett and Barnett as pass rushers. I think Tim Williams is even a better pure pass rusher.

Solomon Thomas and Jonathan Allen play with alot more passion.

I know it's been kind of rumoured, but I would not be stunned if the Browns pick someone else.

3. steelersfan35

steelersfan35 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    The Browns have 2 first round picks in this year's draft: #1 and #12. They should take Garrett #1 overall and then someone else besides a QB. They can always choose a QB in the later rounds even though Trubisky, Watson, Kizer, and Mahomes are all good options for them. But, they need to rebuild their team first before they can have a rookie QB succeed in this franchise. Draft Garrett, and then use the 10 other picks wisely.

Kessler, Hogan, and Osweiler are currently on the roster. Bringing in a 4th QB wouldn't be a bad idea. But, out of all of them and whoever they draft, who will stay and who will go?

On an extra note, Garrett is in control of his future career. If he busts out, then that's on him. However, Joe Thomas is still on the roster and he became one of the best at his position. So, what should Cleveland do in this year's draft?

4. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    If I was Cleveland, I would try and trade but I think they will be unable to do that. The #1 overall pick is there to select a franchise QB. I dont think that exists this year.

So if I have to stay at #1 I take Solomon Thomas. Browns have to start laying a foundation. I think Thomas could be a force on that DL.

At #12, I either take Hasson Reddick or the best available OLB.

I certainly wouldn't touch a QB.

The Browns have enough picks to build a very formidable defense.

Could you imagine if the Browns walked away with:

1a. Solomon Thomas DE Stanford
    1b. Haason Reddick LB Temple
    2a. Jabrill Peppers S Michigan
    2b. Tim Williams LB Alabama
    3. Joe Mixon RB Oklahoma
    4. Shaq Griffin CB Central Florida