1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Seems to be systemic

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steel Acorn, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The problems are not just with Arians, the D, or Tomlin - it seems to be a systemic and/or organizational one. No passion, poor decisions on offense, defense, and personnel (why was Ben playing?), no adjustments. Just overall kind of disappointing. We have lots of talent at many skill positions, and continually underachieve. Though many teams would be happy with 10-4 and a clinched playoff berth, this team should do better with the talent they have. Lots of organizational changes (probably not just personnel) are needed to correct this, and those are tough to implement. But change is needed. The stupid decisions are reflective of this poor system.

I'd love to have a candid talk with some of the veteran players to get their take on what is going on. Hines, Ben, maybe even Batch. I bet they would have some insight into the team attitude and organizational chemistry. Something seems awry.

2. Stiller3

Stiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I don't see a reason to look past the coaches. Isn't it part of a coaches job description to motivate and win?

Now theres the players effort part involved as well and I don't see anything from either side to indicate that anyone has any fire.

Lets not forget also that its not impossible for the players to motivate and carry themselves. So it shouldn't all be the coaches fault.

It just seems like the whole system needs a kick in the ass. Makes me miss Bill.