1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Seems That Belichick Is Making His Move

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by AskQuestionsLater, Mar 10, 2017.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    New England Patriots have now acquired Brandon Cooks from New Orleans in trade for a first round pick.

With the heavy dealing both Cleveland and New England have done in the early stages of free agency.. it would not surprise me if or when Jimmy Garrapolo is gone by then in trade for quite the price.

Thoughts?

2. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Was chatting with a friend of mine last night who, God love him, is a Cleveland die-hard. I mentioned to him that after the Cooks trade, I have a feeling that Garoppolo will end up in Cleveland. New England gave up that #32 pick because they're know they're getting that #12, and probably a lot more...

3. aces4me

aces4me Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    If Garoppolo goes to the Browns it will be for #12 this year and their first next year. I'm far from sure that will happen but if it does that will be the price.

4. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

That then would defeat the purpose of their rebuild.

As it stands currently, Clevland needs all the draft capital possible. Trading a kings ransom for a quarterback like Jimmy may not yield the results that Cleveland desires.

5. aces4me

Jan 2, 2012
    If they really thought he was a franchise QB they would happily give up 2 #1s. That would still leave them with a ton of high picks over the next two years. I question of course "is he a franchise QB?"

6. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I suppose Cleveland will give us their answer within the mext couple of weeks.

7. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Doesn't matter if you're a franchise guy if you go to Cleveland.

8. Jmos3

Jmos3 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Every night before I go to bed I pray that Cleveland won't send the #12 pick to the patriots

9. aces4me

Jan 2, 2012
    They would just use it to select a lacrosse player or Rutgers DB anyway.