1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Sean Spence in backs on backers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by strummerfan, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Boot55

Boot55 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2012
    I loved this pick back when the Steelers drafted him, he had greatness written all over him day one. To me , this kid was the closest MLB to play like Ray Lewis , since Ray left the U. Sean plays with a fire that some players just dont have. Our D needs to play with this fire ....the fire we used to play with...like knock any one out that has a different jersey on type of fire. No one fears us as a D anymore. If this kid can get back to the form he played with at Miami, then we have struck gold. Dude is all heart and these two years of hard work is paying off for him.... Hopefully, this year all of it will fall into place for him. Our backers are looking good...I finally fill like we have some guys that play with a mean streak and bad attitudes, because in the past few years we have been SOFT.....Lets go Spence...:applaud:

2. Greg the man Lloyd

Greg the man Lloyd Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    We are staring to have a lot of inside backer depth. Could be a start of another legendary group! I sure hope so

3. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Spence Shazier and Timmons. That is crazy speed! Hope Spence makes the team!

4. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Steelers Nation this morning is talking about Spence. They were mentioning how well he's moving side to side and down hill but have bigger questions about his coverage ability because of his lack of speed and mobility moving backwards. They mentioned how that use to be his forte but he's noticeably slower now moving backwards.

5. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I was at the game when he got injured. He was on the field forever. I knew it was going to be bad. I am rooting for him to earn a spot and show what he can do.

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    this could become a concern, because Williams isn't all that great at pass coverage either and those would be our two backup inside backers. garvin has been playing well too. he's giving them that outside, inside guy that could be the extra backer kept.

I think they will keep 9. worilds, LT, shaz, JJ, moats, carter, garvin, spence, Williams. zumwalt will have his work cut out and could make someone expendable, but with time missed he will have to make a huge splash. molls has also been looking pretty good. this battle isn't over yet race fans.:cool:

7. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    With his athleticism I expect to see Garvin make the roster. It sounds like he's had a good camp so far and with the injuries stacking up already and lack of depth at OLB I can't see us letting him go. I also expect to see us use him at ILB, especially with Shazier out and Spence possibly struggling in coverage.

On a side note, Tunch and Wolfley were both saying Carter was looking good rushing the passer, which is nice to hear. They said Worilds is looking amazing. They were talking about a perfect spin move he has and how effortless he makes it seem. They also mentioned that he's shown he has multiple moves beside the spin and keeps going if his first and second moves don't work. I really like the sounds of that. I expect, as long as he's injury free, to pile up some big sacks. I wouldn't be surprised if he hits double digits with how good i'm hearing he's looking.

8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    You know I was concerned when we drafted him,
    (measurables)and then I watched him play, your analogy is spot on. He is a football player,(Yes he does play like Ray?) and has a big motor, barring another serious injury. He will make this football team a whole lot better.

9. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Spence needs to earn his spot on special teams. If he makes himself indispensable there, he sticks.

10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    we are not just talking about a special teamer. he could be the next man up at ILB if there is an injury to shazier or Timmons. it's a pretty important position. he has to be position savvy first then his ST's play comes into view. spence, garvin and Williams are fighting for that next man up position first and foremost. :cool:

11. Boot55

Boot55 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2012
    I feel if SS can stay healthy this year ...and just get his feet back under him. In two years he will be an impact player for this team, as well as a leader...